Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well The Collection of Parts Begins (The Collecting is DONE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe CPUz. MCH is the northbridge voltage. Wait.... your running your CPU under stock voltage? Was this a default thing?

Comment

Look at my voltages from CPU-Z. I just updated the OC picture. I'm stable at 3.6GHz. I think this is as far as I'm going to go until I get a bios update for trust worthy temps. A lot of people are running over 4GHz. If CPU-Z is correct, I can easily reach the 4GHz mark. But a 20% OC is nothing to laugh at. I'm going to run an all night Orthos tonight on it at 3.6GHz.
      I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

Originally posted by pigworthy
        Look at my voltages from CPU-Z. I just updated the OC picture. I'm stable at 3.6GHz. I think this is as far as I'm going to go until I get a bios update for trust worthy temps. A lot of people are running over 4GHz. If CPU-Z is correct, I can easily reach the 4GHz mark. But a 20% OC is nothing to laugh at. I'm going to run an all night Orthos tonight on it at 3.6GHz.
        I think 3.6ghz is enough for anybody. If it stays stable i'd start working on the fine tuning. Like voltages and RAM timings to see if you can lower the core some more.

edit: Your getting close to my stock voltage of 1.325v.

edit: Just noticed what orthos test your running. You want to use Small FFTs as this really stresses the CPU more than the others.

Comment

Yea I'm just under 1.3v in the Bios. But CPU-Z is reading 1.120v on the core. What is your CPU-Z reading?

Comment

Load or idle?

Comment

Idle is fine. Just curious how much of a difference you have between Bios and CPU-Z.

Comment

I notice a .2 volt difference between bios and CPU-Z myself, Everest seems to be very accurate though.

Comment

Everest gets the exact same voltage and Temps as CPU-Z and CoreTemp. Nice program though, Thanks Goat for the suggestion.

Comment

CPUZ - 1.32
                    Bios - 1.35

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
                      CPUZ - 1.32
                      Bios - 1.35
                      Wow, you only have a .03v difference in voltage, which that was my case. Mine is .1775v difference in readings almost 6x more difference.

I just used Everest 4.2 and got the same Core volt readings as CPU-Z.

Comment

Just wait till the new bios is out. It'll hopefully fix the readings.

Comment

Sweet, so steady as she goes at 3.6?

That's a nice OC for a low price wewt!

I'm officially jealous!!
                          [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Until the new Bios comes out I'm sticking with 3.6Ghz.

I just ran 3dmark06, scored 12,716. I'm pretty happy with that.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X