Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well The Collection of Parts Begins (The Collecting is DONE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love 4.0ghz. But I want this system to be able to last a couple of years. So 3.8ghz would be great. That would mean I only have to increase the buss to 400mhz.
    I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

Something to help with the coolness!

Comment

Well, getting close to having to make the Hard drive choices.

I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS I can put in the system. Good drives overall.

What I was thinking of was putting in a 150GB Raptor for the OS.
        Use the 2 320gb drives I have in Raid 0 for my main work directory. So I'd have over 600MB of storage and pretty quick response time. And then buy a 750 GB drive to back it all up too.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Comment

i'd go with what you suggested exactly. just make sure the raptor has plenty of clean airflow. use the bottom rack for the 2 seageates, and the top rack for the raptor only.

Comment

Well, I just purchased an E8400 from Zipzoomfly. Just couldn't justify 50% more cost for 5% gain. I'm overclocking anyways. Now I need to decide on a mother board.

Comment

What is that power supply ?? It looks like a REALLY tight fit there....

Comment

It's the one at the begging of the post. PC Power & Cooling. It's a very large PSU. 7.125 inches long. Much longer that standard. It just fits and proved to be a wiring challenge.

I'd look for a total length around 6.38 or less if I was to redo it. Just remember that if it's Modular connection to add a 1/2" to that length of the PSU for room for the plugs to the PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by pigworthy
                  It's the one at the begging of the post. PC Power & Cooling. It's a very large PSU. 7.125 inches long. Much longer that standard. It just fits and proved to be a wiring challenge.

I'd look for a total length around 6.38 or less if I was to redo it. Just remember that if it's Modular connection to add a 1/2" to that length of the PSU for room for the plugs to the PSU.

Comment

Geez Pig, that cooler unit is ginormous, even bigger than the Zalmans. Why don't you just cobble together a fan inside that slinky on your desk and save some space?

-Rand
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                      Geez Pig, that cooler unit is ginormous, even bigger than the Zalmans. Why don't you just cobble together a fan inside that slinky on your desk and save some space?

-Rand
                      LOL, There are bigger ones. But it is big thats for sure.

Comment

Well, the E8400 is on it's way. And I just ordered an Abit IP35 Pro.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy....... Now I have to be patient..................

IS IT HERE YET?...................... how about now?

Comment

Oh man even though the wait won't be long It feels like forever. Congrats on your new parts
                          Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Cool! I am excited for you.
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

sweet, nice cooler, and I thought my arctic freezer was big lolz!

Great choice of mobo there!! I might have missed it, are you going with a 8800GT?
                              [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Yes, 8800GT

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X