Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well The Collection of Parts Begins (The Collecting is DONE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll love the motherboard. I love mine to pieces.

Bios v12 updated to support the new chips and yours should come with v14 like mine.

Have a good read of this Pigworthy. Some really great info.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=17739133

If you have any questions, just ask away.

Comment

Thanks Juneau! I'm looking forward to it. The OC'ing so far looks very good on the E8400.
      I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

Originally posted by pigworthy
        Thanks Juneau! I'm looking forward to it. The OC'ing so far looks very good on the E8400.
        Wait till you see how O/C friendly the bios is.

Quick note for when you get the board though. Make sure you manually set the RAM timings and Voltage. This board defaults at 1.8v which is below the recommended voltage of most RAM manufacturers. Mine is 2.1v. It has been suggested that you only use one RAM module at first, change the voltage, then add the the rest of the RAM as it can fail to boot sometimes. Luckily i didn't have to do that.

Will you be using IDE/eSata devices?

Comment

Sata: 1 Raptor, 2 - 320gb hdd in Raid 1, and a 750 as a master backup. I'm going to just use the Raptor int the the beginning during the OC and break in phase. I'm going to lap my heat sink in the next couple of days. I plan on leaving the CPU alone for now.

Comment

What about your optical drive? I purposefully bought a sata dvdrw so i didn't have to use the jmicron chipset/drivers. It slows the bootup time slightly too.

Comment

Sata also. The one I purchased is at the beginning of the post.

Comment

Originally posted by pigworthy
                Sata also. The one I purchased is at the beginning of the post.
                I forgot about that purchase. You only need two drivers then now, just like me.

Comment

is it here yet? don't start oc'ing without me. i am gone this weekend, so...

Comment

NO IT"S NOT. It hasn't shipped yet. Got them from Mwave.com CPU and Motherboard for a total of $384 shipped with a $25 rebate on the board.

UPDATE: Just got email, It's been shipped!

Comment

hey pig, I live a couple of miles from Mwave. some good people working there.

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
                        hey pig, I live a couple of miles from Mwave. some good people working there.
                        Cool! That's always good to hear. I'll remember that.

Comment

Christmas already or is it Good Friday? A very GOOD Friday.

Time to start some assembly I thinks.

Comment

What ... is up with the artwork on that Abit box ?? Reminds me of some of the work that XFX put out in the past. I bet our Southern friends can appreciate that picture more than us Yanks.

Pig, make sure and put your mainboard standoff studs in place !! I actually remember reading about a guy that built his own PC without using the standoff studs and wondered why his PC wasn't booting up !!

Hahah, even if it booted I have no idea how the keyboard and mouse plugs fit given that th board was set 1/4" lower than what it should have been.
                            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget
                              What ... is up with the artwork on that Abit box ?? Reminds me of some of the work that XFX put out in the past. I bet our Southern friends can appreciate that picture more than us Yanks.

Pig, make sure and put your mainboard standoff studs in place !! I actually remember reading about a guy that built his own PC without using the standoff studs and wondered why his PC wasn't booting up !!

Hahah, even if it booted I have no idea how the keyboard and mouse plugs fit given that th board was set 1/4" lower than what it should have been.
                              LMAO. My friend bought a second hand PC where the board wasn't using the standoffs. The person/friend he bought it from stated it was working before he sold it..... yeah right. Good job it was the first thing i looked for.

Have fun Piggy!

Comment

Thats a really nice main board, I love the way the Sata ports are configured. I was at a toss up between this Abit Board and the DFI Blood Iron when I first started spec'ing parts.
                                Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X