Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i stand corrected:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3175

Carbon, your right, they DID decide to complcate matters further. i completely missed that they were going to do this...

the 8800gts512 is faster yet than the 8800gt. sticking a G92 core on a card commly known for its g80 core. but trumping up speeds, and trhe whole shabang faster than the 8800 ultra, with 8 less ROP's.

but, thanks o all the "enhancements" this card is only MARGINALLY slower than the 8800ultra... and in some cases. like oblivion and COD4, it actually beats it...

but overall recommendation is the 8800GT 512. nothe GTS512, or the GT256 if you plan on running high resolutions and high graphics settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro
      ok i think i found one. hows this sound? 1600 bucks. stil lgotta change out the sound card.

snip
      That is one of the poorest specs i've ever seen. Who in their right mind pairs two 8800GT's with a AMD X2 4000+.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
        Originally posted by Jeffro
        ok i think i found one. hows this sound? 1600 bucks. stil lgotta change out the sound card.

snip
        That is one of the poorest specs i've ever seen. Who in their right mind pairs two 8800GT's with a AMD X2 4000+.
        +1 a pair of 8800 GTs will max out any processor out there. and a 4000+ is far from the fastest available.

Comment

Isn't there any top notch gaming rig suppliers in the US that know what they're doing? Like Alienware but cheaper?

Comment

Isn't there any top notch gaming rig suppliers in the US that know what they're doing? Like Alienware but cheaper?
            Alienware is now owned by dell. they lost their sense of knowing what theyare doing.

There is Falcon Northwest, but they are quite a bit out of his budget....

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
              Alienware is now owned by dell. they lost their sense of knowing what theyare doing.

There is Falcon Northwest, but they are quite a bit out of his budget....
              Pity. Also a pity you don't have a place like OcUk.

Titan Gamer Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 2.33GHz SILENT DDR2 System

- Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 2.33GHz Processor (Socket 775)
              - Abit IP35-E Intel P35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
              - OcUK 2GB (2x1GB) PC8500 1066MHz DDR2 Dual Channel Kit
              - NEC 7170 18x18 DVD?RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Black)
              - ATI Radeon HD 3850 Pro 256MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)
              - Western Digital 2500YS 250GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
              - Antec NSK4480 Super Midi-Tower Case
              - Antec 380W PSU

Note - All Titan systems are built and installed on demand, during busy periods this may cause a delay of between 24 and 48 hours in despatching your order.

?527.58 inc VAT
              That comes to a little under $1100. They even do Pre-Massively-Overclocked systems.

"Ultima OC 8800GT" Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz @ QX6950+ 3.30GHz+ Quad Core SILENT DDR2 System

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GO 2.40GHz Quad Core CPU Overclocked too a minimum of 3.30GHz and beyond. (8/9 x 400MHz - 1600MHz FSB)
              - Tuniq Tower 120 Pro Blue LED Intel approved cooler
              - Arctic Silver 5 Heatsink compound professionally hand installed by our technicians
              - Abit IP35-Pro Intel P35 (Socket LGA775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
              - Award winning Crucial 2GB Ballistix Tracer PC2-8500 CAS5 (2x1GB) Dual Channel Kit (Overclocked at 1000MHz+) (Note when upgrading to 4GB overclock drops to 3.10GHz-3.30GHz on CPU)
              - 500GB Western Digital 16MB Cache SATA-2 Hard Drive
              - NVIDIA 8800 GT 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) DirectX 10 Graphics Card
              - Pioneer 112DBK 18x DVD?RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Black)
              - Antec NINE HUNDRED Gamers ATX Case
              - OCZ 600W Next Generation Power Supply

?880.08 inc VAT
              Quality parts throughout, even the PSU.

Comment

juneau: comfortably priced:
                ICON Exotix - Blue Flames
                ICON Window and Case Lighting - Blue
                Silverstone 1000Watt Strider - Modular
                EVGA nVidia nForce 680I - SLI
                Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX6850 3.0GHz
                Icon Watercooling Kit
                4GB Corsair Dominator 8500C5
                2x nVidia GeForce 8800Ultra 768MB
                BFG PhysX Accelerator - 128MB
                Integrated On-Board Audio
                DLink Wireless A/B/G USB
                MTron 64GB SSD - 2x32GB Raid 0
                Raid 0+1 - Requires 4 Identical Drives
                Hitachi 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 2
                LG BlueRay/HD Reader and DVD/RW
                Lite-On 20X DVD+-RW W/Lightscribe
                Mitsumi Flash Media & Floppy Drive
                Windows Vista Ultimate - 32 Bit
                Office 2007 Professional
                Microsoft Wireless Desktop 8000
                Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
                Ergodex DX-1 Falcon Edition
                Samsung 30 - 2560x1600
                Samsung 30 - 2560x1600
                Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1
                Monster Power 800HP
                Enermax Quiet Mag-Lev Fans
                Falcon Northwest T-Shirt (LG)

* You have exceeded your number of supported SATA devices. Please remove an SATA device or add an additional SATA controller.
                * The Ergodex keyboard is not yet compatable with Windows Vista. This should be corrected shortly with a driver update.
                * The Ergodex keyboard is not yet compatable with Windows Vista. This should be corrected shortly with a driver update.

System Price: $18,304.19

Price with UPS Ground $18,656.79
                Price with UPS 2-Day $19,037.34
                Price with UPS Overnight $19,439.39
                Price with USPS Service to Military $19,379.19

Standard:

TJ-04 - Black Anodized
                Silverstone 750Watt Strider - Modular
                EVGA nVidia nForce 680I - SLI
                Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz
                Zalman CNPS7000B-ALCU LED
                2GB Corsair Dominator 6400C4
                nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB
                Integrated On-Board Audio
                Western Digital 250GB 16MB Cache SATA 2
                Lite-On 20X DVD+-RW W/Lightscribe
                No Floppy Drive
                Windows Vista Home Premium - 32 Bit
                1 Year - Parts and Labor

Known issues with this configuration: None

System Price: $ 2,108.52

Price with UPS Ground $ 2,231.52
                Price with UPS 2-Day $ 2,364.27
                Price with UPS Overnight $ 2,504.52
                Price with USPS Service to Military $ 2,483.52

ROFL.

But in all honesty, i never looked really for a performance pc maker with a decent price, as i always make my own. i'll have to look some more. or start my own business. lol.

Comment

WTH!?

But did you notice the strange parts, which is why i'm not taking any of these specs so far very serious.

Silverstone 750Watt Strider - Modular (Waste of power).
                  EVGA nVidia nForce 680I - SLI (Old, and not too great motherboard. Plenty of other options).

It's like they don't have a clue.

Comment

WTH!?

But did you notice the strange parts, which is why i'm not taking any of these specs so far very serious.

Silverstone 750Watt Strider - Modular (Waste of power).
                    EVGA nVidia nForce 680I - SLI (Old, and not too great motherboard. Plenty of other options).

It's like they don't have a clue.
                    no, its the standard psu they use so it can be upgraded. 750w for 2x 8800Ultra's, 4tb of hd space, as well as the remainder of thing stuff they toss in isn't too much of a waste. lol.

as far as the mobo, i agree. but they offer oc'ing and custom paint jobs out of the box. so, being that the 680i is still currently the most stable mass producable and reproducable, its not too surprising.

Falcon makes some of te best pc's in the world, but they are priced way way out there. i've seen 50k+ quotes come out of them for a custom airbrushing jobs. and they don't just do the case. and peripherals as well. mouse, keyboard, monitors, etc. all custom.

excessive, yes. bragging rights? you better believe it.

Comment

great rig Darth, although why go with the QX6850 when the QX9650 is now out

You gotta love the solid state hard drives

Comment

ok here we go guys. this looks better right? no dual graphics cards. and better processor.

AcronCraft System Configuration Email
                        Dear customer,

Thank you for shopping at AeonCraft.com. Following is the configuration of Aeon-8070

1. Chassis (Thermaltake Armour Full-Tower Chassis with MOD Window Black Color)

2. Case Lighting (Cold Cathode Neon Light Blue)

3. Power Supply (800 Watt -- XION Power Supply )

4. Processor ([=== Quad Core ===] AMD Phenom X4 9500 Quad-Core CPU! w/ HyperTransport Technology )

5. Free Software/Game ([FREE !!!] 1GB Flash Memory Pen Drive )

6. Processor Cooling (Aeoncraft Quiet & Cool CPU Liquid Cooling Kit [AMD Version] )

7. Motherboard (Asus M2N-E SLI NVIDIA nForce 500 SLI MCP Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB )

8. Memory (4096MB [1024MB X4] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )

9. Video Card (NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )

10. Hard Drive (High Performance Serial-ATA-II Hard Drive 500GB - 7,200 RPM w/16MB Cache )

11. 2nd Hard Drive (None )

12. CD/DVD Drive (16x DVD-ROM Drive )

13. CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive (20x Dual Layer DVD?R/?RW Drive )

14. Sound Card (Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi ExtremeGamer High Definition 7.1 3D Surround Sound )

15. Speaker System (600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System )

16. Network Card (10/100/1000 High Performance Network LAN Onboard )

17. Floppy Drive (None )

18.! Monitor (None )

19. Keyboard (Logitech Deluxe Keyboard Black)

20. Mouse (Logitech Optical Internet Mouse Black)

21. USB 2.0 Accessories (External USB 2.0 Hub (4x Ports) )

22. Flash Media Reader/Writer (12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer )

23. Operation System (Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium + [Free 60-Day !!!] Microsoft Office 2007(Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access ....) 32-Bit)

24. Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner (None )

25. USB Flash Drive (None )

26. Video Camera (None )

27. Headset (None )

28. Power Protection (None )

29. External Wireless Network Adapter ([Special !!!] Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps PCI Adapter )

30. Warranty (Warranty Service Aeoncraft 1-Year Premium Warranty Package)

Sytem Price:$1,596.00

Comment

?

Comment

That is a very nice looking spec Jeffro. Does it come with the OS?

edit: My eyes! Yes it does.

Comment

finally! lol so i'm not screwing up now? lol

Comment

Refresh us again...why not a Core 2 Duo or quad core Intel?

Excellent price for those specs for a pre-built system. I would wonder (worry?) about the reputation/reliability of the company. I'm not really aware of who they are, so I couldn't say one way or the other.

-Rand
                                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X