buying new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffro
    what about a dell xps 720 with a 768MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX. its around 2100. oh and also i'm not paying for this haha, so don't worry about if i'm getting ripped or not lol.

My Components
    Intel? Core?2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)
    Genuine Windows Vista? Home Premium
    2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 DIMMs
    500GB - Seagate 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache
    Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
    No Monitor
    768MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX
    Sound Blaster? X-Fi? XtremeGamer (D) Sound Card
    Dell USB Keyboard
    Dell Optical USB Mouse
    No Floppy Drive or Media Reader Included
    No Modem Requested
    My Software & Accessories
    No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
    Trend Micro Internet Security 15-months
    Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD
    My Service
    1Yr In-Home Service, Parts + Labor, 24x7 Phone Support
    Free 10GB DataSafe Online Backup for 1Year
    No ISP requested
    Also Includes
    Windows Vista? Premium
    Adobe? Acrobat? Reader 8.1
    XPS, Specialized Support
    No Entertainment software pre-installed
    RIP OFF! I mean RIP OFF! I could build that PC for around ?800, that's $1600.

Prebuilt is around for one thing and one thing only. To take advantage of people. PC's are not hard to build. Far from it in fact. It's just like hooking up a new TV and surround sound setup.

Rule of the thumb with PC's. If it doesn't fit, it's the wrong slot/plug. Each part will only connect into it's true socket..... unless you whack it down with your fist. Which of course you won't.

Comment

loose vista for XP. and give it a slightly higher CPU clock speed and you'd be set.
      [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

hmmmm my head hurts

Comment

Wow, two replies as i was posting.

Comment

lol. ok well this is what i'm getting at. forget price. i don't care about that. are those specs good enough to handle all the games out there right now? yes or no? lol

Comment

lol. ok well this is what i'm getting at. forget price. i don't care about that. are those specs good enough to handle all the games out there right now? yes or no? lol
              Yes, but i feel saddened by the fact that your losing at least $500 on that rig that could be spent elsewhere.

I agree with Seiko also. Say bye bye to Vista.

I've also just noticed it's a dell. Are they still using custom cases/PSUs/Motherboards on all specs?

edit: Just noticed a very big important part of the spec that i hope for your sake that you left it out and not Dell. What motherboard is used?

Comment

i heard somewhere that they stopped doing the custom thing. but i might be wrong. don't feel saddened lol, i just graduated college and my parents are giving me a present w00t!

Comment

no i didn't leave anything out... why whatsup?

Comment

i heard somewhere that they stopped doing the custom thing. but i might be wrong. don't feel saddened lol, i just graduated college and my parents are giving me a present w00t!
                    Check what motherboard it uses and get back to me.

Comment

grr i'm going to bed lol

Comment

grr i'm going to bed lol
                        Me too!

Comment

ok is a 8800gt vs gts that big of a difference? like can i play everything i want with a gt?
                          Yes, the GT is Cheaper, and so far, BETTER than the GTS Varients(i haven't seen the SSC cards in the wild yet to make a 100% conclusion)

For any rig, i'd recommend a 8800GT over a 8800GTS at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
                            ok is a 8800gt vs gts that big of a difference? like can i play everything i want with a gt?
                            Yes, the GT is Cheaper, and so far, BETTER than the GTS Varients(i haven't seen the SSC cards in the wild yet to make a 100% conclusion)

For any rig, i'd recommend a 8800GT over a 8800GTS at this point.

+ 1

I own the GTS, but from everything I have read, the GT is faster and better.

Comment

hmm thats weird... then why is the gts more expensive?

Comment

hmm thats weird... then why is the gts more expensive?
                                Because Nvidia want to shift old stock and fool everybody at the same time. It more expensive so it must be better right?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X