What changes would you like to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffro View Post
    hardcore.... Don't Put Friendly On... That Leaves Alot Of Room For Asshats To Kill Teammates. Leave Tanks... They Are 1337 :d
    +1 and no killcam. Killcams kills any reality. And if someone want to know where guy is ... take few sec. before pressing F for spawn and take a look on battleground.

Comment

HC or TDM is fine with me,I can go ether way or maybe Im a little wierd,or strange,but what ever u do,I dont want to lose my M1 and my rifle GRENADE,because Im having a lot of fun with that.moe.

Comment

Awright my turn :

- Killcam should be turned on
        - Server should be switch on Hardcore or at least health should be reduce a bit

That's about all I could suggest, it's already great, but with those two things, I think it'll be just perfect!

Comment

If anybody has more ideas, please try and post them before 3pm GMT Friday.

Comment

Just curious as to the killcam. I've gotten used to it being off, so why exactly do we need it on? It's much better to have killed someone and them NOT know where you are. If they are good, they'll figure it out. My vote for now is Killcam off.

Comment

Killcam don't matter to me, I can never remember where they were to begin with. I know for COD4 I did like the HC server more.
              So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
              A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

I'd like to see more people.

I kind of miss the killcam. I'm the kind of guy that gets shot and goes "wth!?!" I don't like that kind of realism I like to find out where they are hiding.

As for less health... I don't want to get killed by 1 shot with the thompson, I like it the way it is now.

HC may be fun but I truely think it just might throw away attraction and from what I've seen today we need more people.

As for tanks, I haven't experienced them yet, but in my days of BF2 and 2142 the one thing that annoyed me was my team standing around waiting for one to spawn, or the same dude getting in it every single time and not sharing. I say leave the vehicles out.

As for map only appearing if there is a recon... god no!! I need my map, or else I'd be lost trying to figure out where anything is.

Comment

Originally posted by RyeWhiskey View Post
                  Just curious as to the killcam. I've gotten used to it being off, so why exactly do we need it on? It's much better to have killed someone and them NOT know where you are. If they are good, they'll figure it out. My vote for now is Killcam off.
                  what if someones a n00b?

Comment

I'm indifferent to killcams. I usually am able to figure out where the killer was anyway unless it was a sniper shot, and the only difference would be stumbling on them later, or going after them immediately (which I would be likely to do if I have a killcam view). No big deal.

Let me throw a touch of realism to you folks in the form of a question. There seems to be a clear preference for Hardcore on. What if an analysis of the most popular servers for this game indicates non-hardcore is the preference?

Would you still prefer Hardcore knowing that it would make us less likely to attract the new players we need to keep the server going 24-7, or would you accept regular mode?

There are sacrifices to be made in online gaming, and Cain has turned this balance into an art. That being said, I would offer my personal observation that HC is much more popular overall in this game than in the first year or so of COD 4 at a minimum, but the number of HC servers out there doesn't necessarily mean they are the most popular ones.

-Rand

P.S. Tanks are not the issue in this game they are in BF2/2142. I don't see tank campers waiting on spawns much because if there is a respawn timer it's not very predictable and frankly there are enough points players that they won't waste their time waiting. Tanks are also FAR less effective in this game than in the others. Especially on a Cain's Lair server, where many of the players have gotten some experience in killing tanks.

I say leave them in. They're a fun change of pace, new players LIKE vehicles (and remember, we're looking to attract new players), and the longtime tank whores who have this game (ahem me ahem) don't get in the things very often. I'm only likely to get in them now to simply drive around to get my 50 mile challenge, and to bust up other tanks so they don't mess with my teammates. I did play 80% of my time in tanks in a HQ Downfall match yesterday while getting the HQ operation challenge, and I went 86-6 against a team that had no clue how to kill them. I wouldn't do that to you guys. And because of playing against me, Massacre, and a couple other accomplished tankers, you know how to knock us down a lot more effectively anyway.
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I can tell you Rand HC servers particularly large ones are definitely more popular....

Comment

I like them more Way easier to sniper.

Comment

Health is just right, it is actually perfect. Bolts are one hit kill, pistols are 2 at least. Rifles are 2 shots if not a upper-torso or headshot. You guys hit the health right on the nail.

One thing thou, since we will be keeping the tanks ( :/ ), is there a way to lower the tank's health? It would be incredibly cool to destroy it with at most 2 Stachels or 2 rockets.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                            One thing thou, since we will be keeping the tanks ( :/ ), is there a way to lower the tank's health? It would be incredibly cool to destroy it with at most 2 Stachels or 2 rockets.
                            You can destroy tank with 1 or 2 satchel every time and every game type.

Comment

Originally posted by marvindecrain View Post
                              You can destroy tank with 1 or 2 satchel every time and every game type.
                              No sir. Game developers said that they made it at least 3 satchel charges to destroy a tank because they wanted to make it more "team work'y". I dare you to destroy a tank with 2 satchel (Unless you use one under it, in which it blows up instantly).

I just want to make one thing clear thou, I do not hate tanks. I only hate people who go into the tank and stay for the entire match.

Comment

place 2 satchels on the tank`s back ... it works for me every time

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X