No announcement yet.

So Its Final?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figure that my donations are paying Cain back for all the money he has put in in both hardware, software, bandwidth, server space, forums and so on.

I don't donate for the future of the games, but to pay back the man who put his own money up.

As I see it, he's still probably not in the black yet for UT2k4
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by DragonNTheRose
      Originally posted by Cain
      Originally posted by Zolutar
      people have been kinda put into a corner here.
      Donate or we're done as of nov 11, half of you think its a done deal that we're done nov 10 and well, there's good motivation for more donations as if we dont have enough we're still done.
      I donated AFTER life was extended til november hoping it was to be that we would be going past nov. if we do, we do great, if we dont...well I wont be happy and i'll be off to find a new server community. I dont respond to the blackmail thing well nor the fact there is very little admin support on the server anyway.
      1) Nobody has "blackmailed" anyone, and I resent the Hell out of that comment.

2) I just refunded 100% of your donation, so stop bitching and find a new server and Community - you are not welcome here any longer.

-- Cain
      I can't believe he would go that far...some people are really dumb. I liked him but that was going too far. Thanks Cain! I don't want people like that around either. You should also bann him from server for that too. All servers! Cains Lair...#1 in the world! #1 in our hearts!
      +1
      We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

You should remember, we are here for the people, the community.
        Games come, games go, but the people remain. Sometimes they
        leave for awhile, but they always come back.

Example: Some past CLR's that were UT fanatics, disappeared when it got
        taken from the server. UT is back, and here they come flocking in.

MOST people come for the games, and stay for the people.
        The games are certainly a draw, but it's the people that make the Lair
        so popular. You will see some forum posters that haven't played any of
        Cain's hosted games in a LONG time, but they remain a regular.

Believe me, I love(d) 2142. It will still be available on other "Lesser" servers after Cain's is gone. (Just like UT and BF2 are still hosted somewhere) I shall still play 2142 here and there, because I personally
        like the game.

Whatever donations I make, it goes to Cain's server fund so we can still play and have fun together. There is no telling what the startup costs were for Cain to be hosting all these servers. It would just be too painful to contemplate.. I remember Cain went Green on ONE month this year, if I'm not mistaken. Everything else was in the RED. This isn't a "For Profit" organization, this is Cain's goodwill and joy in gaming coming through. The time he spends each week on tweaking the servers is horrendous.
        Seems Cain Never Sleeps. ...

The Bottom line is, Cain will host the best multi-player game that is currently available. Our servers are No.1 in the world for a reason.
        When people get burned out on a game and quit playing, donations
        fall critically short, and something new comes out that everyone
        raves about, then off we go again.
        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Well the sever had a good run while it was up as for me it time to move on to a new game on the lair

Comment

It was great, 2142 was more than half my time here on cains lair

Comment

Originally posted by killa_zn
              It was great, 2142 was more than half my time here on cains lair
              It was all of my time. Coming close to a year now. I had great fun and met some great people.

Comment

I would probly donate but sometimes I feel like Cains Lair 2142 server is like a sick dog that just wants to die, the server gets lag so much its not even funny anymore and I dont think the server hardware cain is paying for is supporting 64 players...

Shure half the stuff is EA's fault but the other half is kind ours, Sombody told me that you guys run on 2 gigs ram with a Pentium D, I dont think thats good for 64 player Titan server...

Comment

There's is nothing wrong with the server. Pentium D and 2 gigs have worked for the past months i have been playing and the server overall is great. I am not sure at what you're getting at but its the #1 server and there's a reason for that.

Comment

Originally posted by xJumper
                    I would probly donate but sometimes I feel like Cains Lair 2142 server is like a sick dog that just wants to die, the server gets lag so much its not even funny anymore and I dont think the server hardware cain is paying for is supporting 64 players...

Shure half the stuff is EA's fault but the other half is kind ours, Sombody told me that you guys run on 2 gigs ram with a Pentium D, I dont think thats good for 64 player Titan server...
                    And who told you that?

Btw, the lag is EA's coding. The servers CPU and RAM usage has been carefully watched over and neither one has maxed out.

Comment

Well than why are on conquest servers runing Quad Core and 6 gigs of RAM?

Their is obviously a reason why people pump up their servers with that kind of power and their only runing Conquest...

Comment

Their is obviously a reason why people pump up their servers with that kind of power and their only runing Conquest...

I've been in this convo before with someone else, lets not go there, Juneau is right about the server, that you will have to trust me on.
                        And any specs you will 'find' for our server will be way wrong.

Lets not turn this into a bad thread, lets just remember the good times we all had on 2142, and leave the dead donkey alone... please...

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex

I've been in this convo before with someone else, lets not go there, Juneau is right about the server, that you will have to trust me on.

Lets not turn this into a bad thread, lets just remember the good times we all had on 2142, and leave the dead donkey alone... please...
                          +1
                          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex

We should all eat a piece of its heart to gain some of its strength.

Comment

Maybe you should try and update your own system before you criticize someone elses. I run another Community and I get the same bickering from people who blame their own lag on the server.

Comment

+1

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X