No announcement yet.

So Its Final?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think Cain wouldnt mind a money order or something of that sort. Maybe you should try asking?

Comment

I'll be honest. I'd send a donation, but not for 2142.

Comment

people have been kinda put into a corner here.
        Donate or we're done as of nov 11, half of you think its a done deal that we're done nov 10 and well, there's good motivation for more donations as if we dont have enough we're still done.
        I donated AFTER life was extended til november hoping it was to be that we would be going past nov. if we do, we do great, if we dont...well I wont be happy and i'll be off to find a new server community. I dont respond to the blackmail thing well nor the fact there is very little admin support on the server anyway.

Comment

kinda harsh Zolutar
          [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Yea kinda callous of you Zolutar

Comment

Originally posted by Zolutar
              Donate or we're done as of nov 11, half of you think its a done deal that we're done nov 10 and well, there's good motivation for more donations as if we dont have enough we're still done.
              I donated AFTER life was extended til november hoping it was to be that we would be going past nov. if we do, we do great, if we dont...well I wont be happy and i'll be off to find a new server community. I dont respond to the blackmail thing well nor the fact there is very little admin support on the server anyway.
              1) Nobody has "blackmailed" anyone, and I resent the Hell out of that comment.

2) I just refunded 100% of your donation, so stop bitching and find a new server and Community - you are not welcome here any longer.

-- Cain

Comment

I see a big donation coming in from the force you know pretty dang soon

The force loves cains lair.
                [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
                You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
                  I'll be honest. I'd send a donation, but not for 2142.
                  BF2 right?
                  Offered to pay...no response
                  We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain

2) I just refunded 100% of your donation, so stop bitching and find a new server and Community - you are not welcome here any longer.

-- Cain
                    OH SNAP.....

We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

-- Cain
                      I can't believe he would go that far...some people are really dumb. I liked him but that was going too far. Thanks Cain! I don't want people like that around either. You should also bann him from server for that too. All servers! Cains Lair...#1 in the world! #1 in our hearts!
                      [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

-- Cain
                        Thats unfortunate...
                        its unfortunate I cant give an opinion without this kind of response.
                        I donated the money its yours. thats what a donation is. I've been telling people in my squad to see the forums and to donate when i am on. This morning was a rough morning being rammed 3 times in a row by a transport with no admin in sight. Yea I know the drill on how to report and I was going to post that but I guess there's no point to that now.
                        Cain its your server and you do as you please with it. I just have found people more discouraged to donate knowing there is a deadline.
                        Later folks. Was nice playing with you all. I might pop in from time to time, I just wont be saying much.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonNTheRose

-- Cain
                          I can't believe he would go that far...some people are really dumb. I liked him but that was going too far. Thanks Cain! I don't want people like that around either. You should also bann him from server for that too. All servers! Cains Lair...#1 in the world! #1 in our hearts!
                          Wow I make 1 criticism and you call for that? I am very dissappointed.
                          I am sorry if I offended anyone by what I said. I had a bad morning and was away on vacation for a week to come back to this. Yea I can be cranky and a dumbass but I never expected this community to be this unforgiving or harsh. Maybe this is why we dont seem to get many new participants in this forum...

Comment

Folks seem to forget one very important thing about the donations,.....

Cain runs MANY other games besides 2142,... all of which have a cost of hardware and time.

Besides which, I am not sure that Cain has EVER been "in the black" on these ranked EA servers. They are very costly monthly and at one point he had 3 or maybe even 4 of them running!

So, even though these late donations are not going to make the 2142 server stick around, understand everybody that Cain is not doing this as some sort of profit center,... it is a HUGE expense that he has shouldered the vast majority of for the entire time he has run games for public use! And that has been for over 10 YEARS!

I happily gave $50 this month knowing full well the 2142 server was going bye-bye,.... but I know the money is also going to support the efforts with the other games Cain is running,...

Too bad events like this have to tarnish what should otherwise be a fond farewell for a game that we have all enjoyed playing for over a year!

Geddy

Comment

I agree Geddy all to well.
                              I ran a BBS system back in the day and worked with an upstart ISP when the internet was in its infancy and know all to well how game servers run and how hard it is to run them in the black.
                              I ran MajorMud for years never making a profit, getting heat from my isp for bandwidth and so on.
                              I play only 2142 and am passionateabout it and if it goes, it goes and I will go with it and i said over and over my intentions reguarding my donation, thus it should be no suprise my reation today finding out 2142 is done.
                              I made a point as when talking to people asking them to donate, teh response was well the server is shutting down why should i bother donating and I get this kind of backlash.

Comment

Not being mean to you Zolutar, I don't take sides, its who I am, i got my views, I step in and advise more than anything, so dont bite me on this...

You just put your message across wrong if thats what you where trying to say, and it came over like, match + (60*cow) + small shed

Everyone has said, Cain runs this place for us yes, but in order to keep things going as they do things need to move on.
                                The biggest uprise i've seen is not 2142 shutting down it was UT2k4 ONS, that as a major part here when I started.

And to be honest, I'm like most folk, I get sick of a game, and move onto another, and I find it good that Cain seems to follow my trend in games, if not varied a lil but it gives me some experience.

I was looking forward to UTIII, but its not running well on my PC and I love TF2, so much so I've not looked at 2142 since our last Match, and before that it was gathering dust.

But there are some who stay with a game too, which you have said you are, we accept that, and thats all fine.

The deadline cant be helped, Cain does his best to keep things going on a game for as long as possible.
                                From what you said you know yourself how hard it is to draw blood from a stone...
                                Many factors take place in its leaving the lair, not just this.

Anyway I'm a yacker I could talk for hours on this, so I'll stop here.

2142 is fun while it was here, it will be sad to see it go as with any other game, some games make their way back onto Cains list, and as someone said, EA ranked servers are not the cheapest of things either.

Things move on in the world, if they never, we'd still be using clubs and chasing rabbits

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                                ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X