Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foxtrot87
    I like pizza.....
    I do too, and you're right, this discussion is probably needing to fade away for now. If rules need to change, then Cain and the admins will figure that out. For now, PLAY ON!

Comment

A lot of server require the commander to hang out and do nothing in the Titan / Uncap. I think the commander can have a more active role during the game. Often when I command I play engineer and defend one of the back flags. In Titan mod I often find a nice spot to hide with the SAAW AA gun and I shoot down aircraft that are flying around. Sometimes I will hand out in a tank / walker and repair as necessary. I defend the Titan, repair titan guns or command assets, as well as support a squad that may be getting a lot of fire. At the same time, I am also in the commander screen giving out UAV's, Supplies, and spotting out enemies. Commanders are truly handy capped if they cannot do more than sit in the command screen. We all know that no one listens to the commanders anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldovi
        Commanders are truly handy capped if they cannot do more than sit in the command screen. We all know that no one listens to the commanders anyways.
        Not true.

Comment

It is your total w:l record, not just as commander. So resigning before the round ends makes no difference; you still get credited with the loss. The only thing you can do is switch sides.
          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Ah cool that helps a lot =) this should go much quicker now with less hassle =P

Comment

Originally posted by Tanari
              Carbon I do have 1 question....Does the win/loss record count only when your commanding or does it count when u not commanding.
              AFAIK, its ALL wins and losses, not just commander wins/losses.

And agree with Dose, I don't think a commander that's glued to the com screen is "handicapped". I do think that someone whose GOOD at commanding can do both, but I think their first prioirty should always be making sure things are running well from overhead, not being on the ground. If you have two good teams, the deciding factor can often be who has better information/support, and that's where the commander comes in.

Comment

TiTan is abit different than CQ. TiTan is alittle more forgiving.

I don't appreciate a commander taking a tank and parking it at the base in CQ TiTan maps. It takes away any chance of squaddies to get said tank, and there are other defend base technique's. Sounds like they just want the bonus time inside armor pin. I've seen it done on TiTan also, and it makes little sense to me.

CQ, you are doing scans, UV's, drops, EMP strikes. (And EMP's seriously mess up the attacking team in that area, so they aren't useless) Telling SL's of a jeep that just made it thru to back flag area. VERY busy. I'm sure that there are people who can assault or snipe while being commander. IMO, there just isn't enough time between scans to be effective as a driver/ground pounder. (Unless defending base with Soccer balls and Pilum/SAAW/AA guns, sentry, etc...) I'm sure there are people who can multi-task, but I'm not one of them. Wind up getting killed just to stat pad the other team.

Had a CQ round with Fishbiter, that the commander never would reply, or give us supplies. I was almost down to throwing rocks in my Hover tank. Ended the round with 2 shots left after a kindly support troop stopped by.
                Was the commander assaulting? Or hanging back at base? He/She seriously compromised my ability to kill, as I had to be ultra conservative after running low. Where was the Commander? Good Question.

Possibly TiTan is more Commander friendly than CQ is, and allows more latitude. I've had trouble even getting INTO the TiTan server, and thus have never commanded there.

CQ, commander goes Eng, puts down rollers and a resupply crate. Gets in AA gun on TiTan maps, or on regular CQ maps takes out his/her trusty Pilum/missiles and Soccer balls for most maps. Fixes the assets if/when get blown. I think this is a very busy job.

Although I've yet to see it on Gibraltor, they COULD go recon, put down APM's and RDX's at the choke points and kick some serious rears. It would save alot of back flag takers from ever making any headway. BOOM!!!

Just my .02c also... I take commander's job too seriously to mess around double dipping. But, to each his/her own.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I can't even count how many times I run out of tank shells and have to spend the next 5-10 minutes either trying to find a crate or to get a repair guy to actually respond to numerous "gimme ammo" requests.

If I'm lucky, I'll end up somewhere with a long-dropped crate or a fresh tank sitting there that I can trade up to.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X