No announcement yet.

Commanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts exactly. My real beef is when commanders utilize vehicles that cannot be fully opeated ( Armored Vehicles, flying things) when one is dealing with two screens at one.I'd rather see Rand and Massacre (On my team!) in a pair of tanks than a commander who is splitting time between giving orders and dropping supplies. If your a commander and devoting your entire time to vehicle operation..why are you commanding? My belief is that a combat commander should be the exception, not the norm. I respect you, Tanari, but I disagree with your commanding philosophy. As such, I'll agree to disagree.

Comment

Thrashdragon I resigned 10seconds before our titan blew up. Maybe even less then that. Up until then I was doing what I could to win.

Comment

Can we be done with this. I feel like we're creating drama where there shoud be none

Comment

Originally posted by Tanari
          Thrashdragon I resigned 10seconds before our titan blew up. Maybe even less then that. Up until then I was doing what I could to win.
          Fair enough, but I'm still curious as to why you care about a fake stat? If you cheat the system, it really doesn't mean anything.
          [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
          [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Shrug lil off topic but a pin is a pin I don't care how I get it long as I not cheating/glitching

Comment

Originally posted by Thrashdragon
              Fair enough, but I'm still curious as to why you care about a fake stat? If you cheat the system, it really doesn't mean anything.
              I am too

Tanari, you're already a General, and with a 1.14 W:L ratio, the War College Ribbon is just about completely out of reach at this point. So what's the motivation?

Yes I did resign commander post when the lose was evident, is this agaist the rules? far as I know i'm just using good sense and keeping my win/loss ratio intact.
              While I have been guilty of caring too much about winning rather than having fun in the past, I think this is the wrong attitude to have, at least for around here. First and foremost, we try to have fun and play like a team. There are no rules against it, but it is a weenie, unsportsmanlike thing to do.

Like I said before, if no one is commanding consistently round after round, then its ok for SOMEONE to be commander. But taking up the spot when there's someone who could do better, well that just seems selfish and would actually hurt your chances of winning in the long-run.

Comment

Commander should command and thats it, on a 64 man server. If he wants to get in fire fights here and there, fine. But he should leave all assets for the other players.

In my opinion if you've commanded for the round and quit just before you lose to save your record. Your cheating and you shouldn't be commanding. Take the bad with the good. Maybe you lost, because you weren't commanding properly?

In BF2 it was a rule, no flying or tank commanders.
                I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

Here's a quick intro the the 2142 point system to clear this up a bit.

if you play both command and non command, here's how it breaks down.

you get the normal points when you are a soldier, not commander. these points are never calculated in the 2x for winning bonus.

You get command points based off the time you are in service as commander only, and even then its an average of the players during the time you are commanding. you get 0 points for kills.

here's an example breakdown.

Let say the round takes 10 minutes, and his side wins.

the first 3 are spent as commander. the next 3 as a soldier, the next 2 as command, the next 2 as a soldier.

Total: 5 minutes as commander, 5 minutes as a soldier

in the first 3 minutes he gets 10 points as commander, and resigns. the next 3 he walks around killing folks, and earns 20 points doing so. the next 2 minutes he earns 5 points as commander, resigns, and becomes a soldier for the last 2 and earns 15 points.

now here's how its calculated.

Soldier points: 20+15=35. so 35 points total.
                  Commander points: 10+5=15. 15x2 = 30. so 30 points as commander.

Add them together you get 65. not 100 points.

This is done to add fairness to the ole' mutiny the comamnder in the last 5 minutes to take his spot for 2x the points.

Pros are:

As a soldier, you have a good chance of earning high scores from lots of killing and teamwork, even if you lose.
                  As a Commander, if your team does well, so do you!

Cons are:

As a Soldier, you lose out on the oppertunity to get the 2x score.
                  As a Commander, if you lose, you can wind up with a poor score with a bad team.

Comment

Carbonfire i'll bet you $50 to cains server fund if I don't get the war college ribbon within a month or two =)

Comment

And yes I know how the points are done Points me squat to me since i'm a general already. All I care about is the win/loss record. And if i'm cheating the system by resigning the command in the last 10sec so be it its not against any rules bfroe,cains, or any other server that i've heard of.

And once again this post was tryin to figure out what the rule is regarding commanders. So far all I see is a bunch of opinions. If no admins wish to make a direct rule regarding commander postion and enforce it, then there are no rules regarding commanders, either way is fine by me cause either way I can tell people to leave me alone and ignore them if needed while I continue to command the way I am now.

Comment

Carbonfire i'll bet you $50 to cains server fund if I don't get the war college ribbon within a month or two =)
                        Playing only on Cain's Lair? Maybe I'd take that bet. But its way too easy to join a server without autobalance on though, and get a win every round, time after time. That's just stat padding, and I wouldn't dignify that with a bet.

To get the war college ribbon from where you're at now, you'd need to win AT MINIMUM 418 games in the next month without a single loss. That's approximately 14 wins a day, for a month. The ONLY ways to pull that off is to pull the cheap team-switch trick, or play on a team-stacking clan server that always plays one-sided conquest maps as EU.

What I was driving at is the stats don't matter, not that I was challenging you to prove me wrong. There are always going to be ways to cheat the stat system, that's why I don't give it much respect. It's not about the numbers, it's about the game, it's about respecting your fellow players, and mostly it's about fun.

Comment

You should also know I play only Cains and I got the time I'm very goal oriented as u can see by my gunship ranking and time played. I've only been playin this game since dec 30th. less then 2 months.

Comment

I like pizza.....

Comment

Pizza pockets FTW, and lotsa Coke/Pepsi....And did I mention you gotta have a good college schedule too =P

Comment

Carbon I do have 1 question....Does the win/loss record count only when your commanding or does it count when u not commanding.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X