No announcement yet.

Just like "old times" !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just like old times, in that i remembered today that I'd rather sit in an empty Cains Server with an afk BAR than attempt to play the game with the idiots that infest other servers. Seriously I am so glad you put this server back up Cain. I'm even attempting to get my dad hooked on the game.

Also, has anyone realized how much better thought out this game is than 2142?

Comment

Thx for the kind words, they make me happy !!

Comment

Oh man. When Nikaios told me that BF2 was back up, I immediately hunted for my CDs and hopped into the server.

Great times playing tonight! I have quite a bit of work to do to get back to my usual deadly self... can't seem to hit anything with the TV missiles, SCAR, or G36E anymore, but I'll get there!

Great server as always, Cain!

Comment

Originally posted by SighKoPath View Post
          Oh man. When Nikaios told me that BF2 was back up, I immediately hunted for my CDs and hopped into the server.

Great times playing tonight! I have quite a bit of work to do to get back to my usual deadly self... can't seem to hit anything with the TV missiles, SCAR, or G36E anymore, but I'll get there!

Thx !! do you have Special Forces ????

Comment

Brandon has been having a blast on the server lately !!

and since Special Forces is somewhat new to both of us
            the whole thing is just...... " COOL BEANS "

sorry I don't have anything more profound then " COOL BEANS "

Comment

Yes, I have Special Forces... but I never got into the SF maps. I mostly just got it for the shiny weapons in vanilla.

Comment

Originally posted by SighKoPath View Post

Yeah I hopped on right after SighKo started playing - what a blast! That was the Cain's Lair I remember

Took a little while to get used to the game for the most part, but I found out I still know how to snipe...

However, since we aren't running 64 players now 24/7 it might be a good idea to pull some of the biggest maps and replace them with medium sized ones.

FWIW I have special forces.

Comment

We tried the medium sized maps, and didn't really like how constrained they made us feel (think Karkand 32 vs. 64). In addition, several of them, including Karkand, are more unbalanced for one side than the full-size version.

Most of the small maps are lame. Half of those we're running at 64p are little different in overall map size than the 32; they just have a flag or two extra (Mashtuur still has gas stations, but they aren't flags. Sharqi is almost the same size, just a bit more constrained flight area and the addition of the alleyway flag).

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Kark 64 is the only way to go....

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar View Post
                      Kark 64 is the only way to go....
                      +1

I can deal with other versions of the other maps, but I really do not like 32p Kark. Just not the same feel, and as said, not the same balance in the map
                      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Try playing 64 players on a 16 player Karkand map. I have done this and it is a bloodbath. This is the closest that BF2 comes to COD4 style play.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Ok true, Karkand and Sharqui 64p FTW... I had maps like Daquing Oil Fields in mind.

Comment

I LOVE Karkand. And whether or not I like Sharqi depends on if Hawkeye is in a Cobra, and whether or not he is on my team.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X