No announcement yet.

game performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smooth for me as well with everything set to High.

Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-950 3.06 GHz
    6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465 1GB x 2 in SLI

Comment

I can't run the game on ultra. I only get 40 FPS. On high I get 60 because Vsynch is so smooth and awesome.

580SLI

It must really be a CPU game.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        I can't run the game on ultra. I only get 40 FPS. On high I get 60 because Vsynch is so smooth and awesome.

580SLI

Yeah it really is more CPU dependent. If you have a nice i5 or i7 with a 4ghz+ OC you should be good. I don't have the best vid card and its butter smooth on high.

Comment

I dont know if my card is holding me back or my CPU. Shouldnt be the CPU.

I7 930 oc'd 3.8 @3.3v
          6gb Gskill ram 6,6,6,17
          GTX 275 slightly oc'd

But because my fps are low I play really jerky. Kinda hard. My new card should be in today. Hope to have it up and running by this evening.

I may jump the CPU up to 4.0 and see if it helps.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

580SLI

I dont know where the problem is,(could be operator error) but you should be smokin this game with those 580's matched up. Plus you got a 2600. Clock that sucker up and get with the program.
            [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Huh... must be really CPU centered, as my brother was testing it on his Dual QuadCore-Xenon 2.66GHZsystem, running just 4GB of RAM and an ATI HD 4870.

The result? Ultra worked perfectly

I had a little trouble running ultra as smooth with my AMD Phenom II x4 Black edition, 4GB of RAM (faster clock than his) and my AMD HD 6950.

Curious!
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

580SLI

I'm thinking of upgrading only my CPU to a Quad core. I'm not in a position to replace my CPU & MOBO yet.
                A change of Pace.
                "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                  I dont know if my card is holding me back or my CPU. Shouldnt be the CPU.

I7 930 oc'd 3.8 @3.3v
                  6gb Gskill ram 6,6,6,17
                  GTX 275 slightly oc'd

But because my fps are low I play really jerky. Kinda hard. My new card should be in today. Hope to have it up and running by this evening.

I may jump the CPU up to 4.0 and see if it helps.
                  Yeah your vid card is really holding you back. A ATI 6950/6970 or a Nvidia GTX 570 would be a great match.

Comment

2500K OCed to 4.8
                    16GB RAM
                    GTX 570 factory OCed.
                    Game runs smooth. I haven't changed the settings, but I think they are on high. IIRC I only average about 40-50 FPS though which kinda surprised me.
                    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Well, I found that a i5-2520m (2.5ghz) and a Quadro 4200m aren't powerful enough. Low netted about 15-20fps. Guess I have to wait till I get home tonight and try my desktop.

Comment

My stock 2500k is half asleep but my poor gtx 285 is working its arse off to stay at 60+

Comment

pretty much max everything and im pulling 50fps with a 560ti and 2600k at stock speed

Comment

Intel E8500 Dual Core, 3.16 GHz
                            Geforce 560 Ti 1GB
                            Vista 32 bit OS

I was running the game in 1080i with all high settings and I was sustaining 30 to 50 fps the whole time. I didn't change anything yesterday from the recommended settings and it ran great.
                            Nauticas

Comment

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
                              System Manufacturer: INTEL_ System Model: BGP6710J
                              Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
                              Memory: 16384MB RAM
                              Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Runs great for me! Looks good and haven't had any CTD's so far. BC2 crashed occasionally, so I'm hoping BF3 continues to stay running in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by BadHabitz View Post
                                Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
                                System Manufacturer: INTEL_ System Model: BGP6710J
                                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
                                Memory: 16384MB RAM
                                Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Runs great for me! Looks good and haven't had any CTD's so far. BC2 crashed occasionally, so I'm hoping BF3 continues to stay running in the future.
                                So that's an Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 4 cores, Hyperthreading enabled right?

Snazzy 16GB of RAM!
                                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X