No announcement yet.

New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't overclock for two reason, Juneau. The first being I think it shortens the life of a part and most importantly second, I have no idea how to. I also don't want to learn either. Everything is stock and will be. Unless I decide to play BF4 and need to overclock my already factory overclocked GPUs (It comes overclocked from 772Mhz to 860Mhz). It has been taken to 1.1Ghz by some guys since it is technically liquid cooled.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133398

Comment

Originally posted by NateTheBrewer View Post
      Just realized we have almost the same SSD, I have the Pro and you have the EVO, their numbers are identical, so you should be getting the same rating in that category...

Do you have it plugged into SATA III ports, and if your motherboard gives you a choice between an Intel controller or something else, are you making sure to use the ports on the Intel controller?
      All my ports are SATAIII Intel.

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
      I don't overclock for two reason, Juneau. The first being I think it shortens the life of a part and most importantly second, I have no idea how to. I also don't want to learn either. Everything is stock and will be. Unless I decide to play BF4 and need to overclock my already factory overclocked GPUs (It comes overclocked from 772Mhz to 860Mhz). It has been taken to 1.1Ghz by some guys since it is technically liquid cooled.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133398
      Overclocking doesn't shorten the lifespan of the hardware. Over-volting does.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
        Overclocking doesn't shorten the lifespan of the hardware. Over-volting does.
        Not in my head.

Comment

ahhh I need an SSD drive
          Component Details Subscore Base score
          Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz 7.8 5.9
          Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB 7.8
          Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 7.9
          Gaming graphics 4095 MB Total available graphics memory 7.9
          Primary hard disk 716GB Free (931GB Total) 5.9
          Windows 7 Home Premium

System
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer System manufacturer
          Model System Product Name
          Total amount of system memory 16.0 GB RAM
          System type 64-bit operating system
          Number of processor cores 4

Storage
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 931 GB
          Disk partition (C 716 GB Free (931 GB Total)
          Media drive (D CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
          Total available graphics memory 4095 MB
          Dedicated graphics memory 1280 MB
          Dedicated system memory 0 MB
          Shared system memory 2815 MB
          Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.1106
          Primary monitor resolution 1824x1026
          DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Notes

The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter. If this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters, some software applications may see additional performance benefits.

Comment

Not in my head.
            Your head needs overclocking then.

HDD back installed. System is now waaaaaaaaaaaaaay louder. Quite surprising just how quiet it was without it as I can hear the platters spinning.

Comment

Your head needs overclocking then.

HDD back installed. System is now waaaaaaaaaaaaaay louder. Quite surprising just how quiet it was without it as I can hear the platters spinning.
              Assuming you still have your previous pc, why not just keep the platter drives there? I keep all my media on network shares on other machines so as not to clutter up the main one...

Comment

Assuming you still have your previous pc, why not just keep the platter drives there? I keep all my media on network shares on other machines so as not to clutter up the main one...
                My new setup is going to be.

1x 120GB SSD (OS, Apps that run on boot, other small apps)
                1x WD 640GB Black (Old storage drive now to be used for games, larger apps)
                1x WD 2TB Green or other similar to be purchased in thew next week or so (Storage, will be move to 2/4 bay NAS by the end of the year, more than likely Synology due to great SABnzb/sickbeard/couchpotato apps)

In the near future I can imagine the 640GB drive will be dropped in favour of another SSD as the prices for 500GB+ drives drop.

Comment

My new setup is going to be.

1x 120GB SSD (OS, Apps that run on boot, other small apps)
                  1x WD 640GB Black (Old storage drive now to be used for games, larger apps)
                  1x WD 2TB Green or other similar to be purchased in thew next week or so (Storage, will be move to 2/4 bay NAS by the end of the year, more than likely Synology due to great SABnzb/sickbeard/couchpotato apps)

In the near future I can imagine the 640GB drive will be dropped in favour of another SSD as the prices for 500GB+ drives drop.
                  If you have enough space you should install your games to the SSD. In BF I load in much quicker to a map now that it is installed to an SSD.

Comment

If you have enough space you should install your games to the SSD. In BF I load in much quicker to a map now that it is installed to an SSD.
                    I might do that with a few games that I play most regularly. But from all the things I've ever read about SSD's, games don't actually benefit too greatly due to the fact that most of the files are large in size. SSD's tend to shine when dealing with lots of smaller files. Hence the massive improvements seen when used for Windows.

I may benchmark each drive to see how well map load time etc are handled.

Cable management done and a few pics taken. Will take them off my camera shortly and post them up.

Comment

Here we go. Crap photo's again but I'm in a rush lol. May put a better lens on my camera and not use 'Smart Mode' and take them again sometime.

Comment

The hell are you talking about? Those are professional grade photos. Fantastic camera and now I want a banana.

Comment

The hell are you talking about? Those are professional grade photos. Fantastic camera and now I want a banana.
                          I'm usually in manual mode, but it just takes a little extra time than I had.

The bananas are all mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note I really need to get an all black optical drive, or paint this one.

Comment

sweet photos! looks great!

are the fans on the h100 any loud? at full load.
                            Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

I'm guessing this is a smaller than usual build.

Why build a smaller PC, using the smaller MB??

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                                I'm guessing this is a smaller than usual build.

Why build a smaller PC, using the smaller MB??
                                Cuz it's smaller. I'm wanting to slowly downsize all my gear. This was the first step.... even though it's one of the larger mATX cases available lol.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X