Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dead...Again
    Originally posted by BenKenobi
    I won't sign - It's not that bad. They just need to fix the whole "running slower than xp" deal. I'd even go as far to say as I LIKE using Vista more than XP.

Yes shun me shunnnnnnn!
    LOL I'm with Kenobi on this one. I like Vista. :P
    I'm just warning you now, you will get internet dirty-looks if you feel this way
    [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
    You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Vista FTW

Comment

Signed it... They just started getting XP some what reasonable and people are used to it. Vista has got some things I like but 98% of it is nothing more then a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
          Originally posted by WalkinTarget
          I think our next roadblock is broadband access in general, as the US is faaaar behind what the rest of the world has offered for years now. Five years ago I saw cell phones in Japan that plugged into your laptop via a PCMCIA slot and gave you internet access via your existing phone. Anybody see something like that in the US yet ??
          Yea, the cell-to-pc internet access is available here. As for broadband access, the U.S. is not only far behind, but we're going in the

WRONG DIRECTION

...Oh, and SAVE XP ++!

Ugh... thanks for posting that. I am a time warner user. They have a monopoly on the internet market here being that they are the only provider. I personally hate them.

Comment

signed. even tho i admired MS, this is an outrage. XP ftw!!.
            Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Vista is not all that bad

~S~

Comment

Microsoft weighs in on "Save XP" petition, sort of

Microsoft weighs in on "Save XP" petition, sort of

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/07/m...ition-sort-of/

Comment

Do you think it is a coincidence?

The cartoon dude in this picture isn't POINTING at the sign. He's flipping off.

Comment

LOL thatsa good pic...I just dont understand why everyone is so afraid of Vista...once you set it up properly it is WAY better then XP

Comment

Don't like Vista because in anything other than office applications XP beats the hell out of it for comparable statistics. Whether it be frame rates in games, times in completing various things in Photoshop or other editing software, everything. Currently it sits at 10-20% advantage in XP. After Vista SP1 and XP SP3 are both out, all testing so far says it will be a 20-30% advantage over Vista. While the framerates and times may be good, I'm not wasting money to upgrade to an OS that will kill 30% just for some prettier graphics and and updated security measures when I haven't gotten a virus in over 2 years just by watching what I do online. And I may have a DX10 graphics card, but I'm not worried about that until the day a Must Buy Game with super incredible uses of DX10 comes out. So far, you can do anything with DX9 that they've done with DX10 if you do it right.
                      [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                      [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I'm sorry all, I cannot sign it. I too, like some others like Vista. I understand the need to remove obsolete software and continue on.
                        I'm not saying XP has lost it's place in society. I'm just saying this is just like 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, ME(which wasn't a real OS, how dare that freak compare Vista to ME).
                        Everyone sooner or later is going to go to the next generation OS, wheather by upgrade or new computer purchase.
                        Some will wait so long, just like the die hard, reluctant to change Win95 users did, so when they finally took the plunge they skipped OS's and upgrade to a good OS like XP.
                        Yes I said good OS. I'm not saying XP is not a good operating system. I base my decision on some items I have seen and experienced with Vista.
                        I run my desktop gaming machine on XP and my laptop on Vista, so I get to do some camparisons on their operation.
                        Of course Vista will be a little slower since it's a natural progression to build a new OS that requires more resources and faster/better hardware since that is the evolution of technology.
                        Do you think for one minute the artificial intellegence that's coming at us in the future is going to run on less or the same amount of memory and HD space, come on!!!
                        Don't get me wrong, I have had the nightmare bad experience with Vista sense I bought one of the first HP9000T's with the free Vista Premium upgrade certificate. I had the problem and got past it and have been running with no problems for quite a while now.
                        If your a real geek, use process monitor and checkout the threads and amount of executions on a XP box compared to a Vista machine. Vista is much better on managing it's resources and has cut down on the amount process executions. They had some more work they should have done before releasing and the third party knuckle heads screwed the pooch, but hey, I understand that and trying to stick to a slipped schedule misses a lot of stuff that usually doesn't show itself until a customer brings it painfully to your attention.
                        So, no, I can't sign it. I'll run Xp on my desktop until I'm ready to change and spend that big chunck of change.
                        Speaking of which, that's what everyone should be complaining about is the price, but then again, I can understand that after everyone jumped on the lets take the big M to court ban wagon. That cost them a BIG chunk of change.

Cheers
                        DougBob
                        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                        Like the community? Donate here:
                        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

I remember when Windows 95 was released. So many people refused to use it because it was buggy. I started using it as soon as it was released because, as buggy as it was it was much better than Windows 3.1. Now I use both and I have no problems with Vista.
                          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

+1 Windows 3.1 in a work environment was utter disaster. When 95' came out even the most novice of users could put their hands on a mouse and navigate the GUI with things like Help, Tips, Balloons ..etc. WIndows 3.1 was an upgrade from my old Commodore 64 and 128, however. I had been hacking** and gaming on those for a long time when 3.1 came out and ... ?... Gaming? There was none except Solitare.

**if you know the true meaning of hacking.

I like vista too, but I also am a big fan of XP.. HUGE FAN. I'd like to see it saved. Truth is, I think we are all going to see just how bullet proof Vista really is pretty soon. So far it is but I don't see that lasting forever, but I do foresee it holding a stronger reputation for anti-exploitation than any previous MS candidate.

When the OS's (Vista) own admin user has limited functions and access to the operating system without having a rigorous process to go through with the idiot lights and confirms, imagine what it is like for a hacker. I have yet to see a compromised Vista system other than someone downloading and installing it themselves due to ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE View Post
                              +1 Windows 3.1 in a work environment was utter disaster. When 95' came out even the most novice of users could put their hands on a mouse and navigate the GUI with things like Help, Tips, Balloons ..etc. WIndows 3.1 was an upgrade from my old Commodore 64 and 128, however. I had been hacking** and gaming on those for a long time when 3.1 came out and ... ?... Gaming? There was none except Solitare.
                              What are you talking about....I was running QEMM 386 and an Adlib midi sound card to play Wing Commander

Comment

I gamed on Dos and Windows too. Do you not remember having to have boot discs for each game.
                                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X