Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully everyone is having this much fun....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I'm really liking UT3. Most of the innards of my rig will hit 4 years old come November so upgrading is a must. It's pretty playable right now so I'm going wait for those new mid-range Nvidia cards that are supposed to debut next month before I build.

I even managed a flag cap this round

I blurred the one name out on the opposing team because his main tactic was mowing people down with the Manta. He did nothing for his team other than tie up a piece of equipment.

The one thing I love about UT is personal scores takes a back seat and real team work towards winning is what matters, IMHO any way. I was never a big CTF player before but when I hear one of our guys nabbed the flag I try to race to his location to give him some cover, what a rush.
    Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
      It official. I'm a scorpion addict! Starting to clock up some crazy kills.
      You and me both. Scorp suicide into a Tank or the flag then juuuuummmppp outta there!

Comment

Just got back from a trade show in sunny San Diego and installed the demo !!

The few minutes I got on the server were looking very sweet !!
        I will be seeing all of you out there in the coming days.

Great to see some of our ONS friends still about.
        Now where is that link gun.... I'm sure Rand has a tank that needs some green

Comment

Game does not have an online FPS lock that is server controlled. I upped the INI to 200 max frames and played at a fairly steady 100 FPS online. Nice, I hope that feature stays around.

Comment

I wish it wasn't so easy to accidently hit the console key. I wanted to get a screenshot of the nearly 3 hour long round we just had. I ended up with 312 points to 144 for the next closest guy.

But talk about painful. Rounds that long SUCK. And they're not too good on the gaming hands either. No matter what we did, we just couldn't get an edge. Tried running the tank into their base several times, and defending with it to keep them from our flag, but finally the red guys prevailed.

Great job to everyone on both sides of that slug fest.

EDIT: Vito, still waiting for that link juice.

-Rand

P.S. There are still some glitches with tank fire and going after Raptors. I found 3 in that match:

1. Sometimes shooting at the reticules, even when both are centered on a Raptor, doesn't work--the shot goes WAY low

2. Tank shots that look like they hit a Raptor REALLY far away seem to peter out. I hit a raptor behind their bridge from our side, and it didn't register.

3. Sometimes, an Eagle Eye will not work. I blasted a raptor in range, on the way to me, SAW THE EXPLOSION, and it still didn't register as an Eagle Eye or do actual damage to him. Weak.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Yes, I hope they add in an overtime timer or something, where if no one can break it, its just a tie. I get *so* frusterated on those long games, good thing I don't have voice chat on or decide to type my feelings as I've seen some do.

Comment

ANY team game can be stalemated.
                I remember Battle Grounds on WOW getting locked for 7-8 hours for a round.

Thanks for keeping your frustration off the chat's though.

Visitors sometimes think ANY {CLR} tagged person is an admin, so our comments are often considered that way. We are trying to promote Cain's name and servers, so negative comments don't look good on the chat's.
                I know the Temtation is HUGE though.. lol
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X