No announcement yet.

Help for the Cannon Fodder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does the tanks accuracy become non existent when shooting up? I would have an easy shot at enemy craft hoovering above me and all I get is a bunch of noise. Nothing would hit the enemy aircraft.
    If this is a bug it really sucks. You might as well jump out of the tank and throw rocks.
    Also how do you get those things so high?
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
      Why does the tanks accuracy become non existent when shooting up. I would have an easy shot at enemy craft hoovering above me and all you got was a bunch of noise. Nothing would hit the enemy aircraft.
      If this is a bug it really sucks. You might as well jump out of the tank and throw rocks.
      Apache
      There are two reticules, a small one and the big one. The big one seems just to help you know where you're looking, the small one is the one that tells you where the shot goes. Once you lose the small one trying to lock on a Raptor, you're basically screwed: time to bail and use mini, Shock Rifles, and Avrils if you've got 'em. If not, enforcer is your best bet. You want something that is hit-scan or can lock like an Avril.

Think of it like a real life tank--there is only so far you can raise the barrel for a shot. This game just fools you into thinking you can shoot higher, but once you hit a certain height, that's as high as the shot can go.

I do appreciate being able to follow those high targets though, and if you track long enough and/or move to the right spot, you can get a shot off again.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

When evading, dont just bunny hop, or dodge.

ALWAYS mix it up, NEVER have a set pattern to your movments, never go
        bh left, d right, bh right, d left, d left, bh right

mix it up as you do it, remember you can dodge Back and Forward too!

When moving across a map, I find dodging works to speed it up, alternate it left then right then left, while keeping your movement towards where you wanna go, this also helps keep an eye out for baddies too

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X