Who is playing Counter-Strike ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
    source man..... also i would really like yall to look into cs:s gun game... its fast paced and alot of fun... join a gun game server and just play it, see how you like it.
    Post info about that mod

Comment

I don't care for either one.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

GunGame is typically played on smaller / custom maps, not on the deliverred classic maps

Everyone starts the game off with a crappy pistol.
        When you kill someone, you get the next weapon type, which is a slightly less crappy pistol. After killing 4-5 people to go through the pistols, you get a shot gun, then the auto shotty, then the SMGs and so on.

Once you go through all the guns, you end up having to kill someone with a grenade.
        The fun thing is that you have a nade, while most others have SMGs or MGs, so its kinda hard.

Once you get a nade kill, you then must kill someone with a knife.

Note about the knife, killing someone at any time with a knife, no matter what gun you are on, will give you an extra level up, and will actually level the person you killed down.

Some servers allow a level up by weapon kill only once per round, others allow is many times per round. The once per round means that you kill someone with your shotty, you then no longer level up with weapons until the next round starts, unless you kill someone with a knife.

Hope that makes sense....

A really fun thing with GunGame is low grav
        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Zombie mod is something I just recently started playing, so not sure if its something I will stick with long term.

Ts and CTs all start on the same team.
          Round starts and you have something like 1 min to run and get in position, move objects to create obstacles, etc etc.
          Once the game starts, random people (looks random, may not be) are turned into zombies.
          When you become a zombie (yes, people see you as zombies and you can be different types of zombies), you still have full control, however, you only use a knife. One knife kill will turn someone into a zombie as well.

Zombies have extremely high health.
          Ts and CTs have 16,000 to buy whatever weapons they want at round end
          Weapons have unlimited ammo.

Kinda fun to see 10 zombies closing in on 2 players holed up in a corner with soda machines around...hehe

Comment

Gun Game is a leveling mod for Counter Strike:Source. Everyone starts with a glock. You must get a kill with it to level up to level 2. You get better weapons the higher level you are, until the end. The last two levels are the hardest: HE grenade, then knife. It adds a new twist to how you play CS, and also helps clans to train with weapons they don't normally use.
            Lot of information:
            Gun Game!

EDIT: Doh, I got beat! I also like zombie mod. It involves a lot of teamwork to barricade a group of people in a room and keep the zombies out.
            "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
            - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

to run this type of game mod. you really need a lot of customs maps to keep it fun. i have play over 100 maps of custom on CSs, both for gungame n zombie mod...
              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by RuThLeSsKiLLa View Post
                to run this type of game mod. you really need a lot of customs maps to keep it fun. i have play over 100 maps of custom on CSs, both for gungame n zombie mod...
                Well ya..

Both gametypes have their own maps: gg_ for gungame and zm_ for zombie.
                That is one downside, new players have to download new maps almost every map change.
                "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

The advantage of gun game is that the maps are fairly small and thus quick downloads.

Comment

Cain if your still interested in gun game... please for the love of god do not set up a gungame TURBO server... its just ruins that game.... turbo is where you kill somebody and get a new gun automatically. In gun game regular you kill somebody and stay on that gun until the round is over. The only way to level up after your gun kill is to get a knife kill. shall i post an ip to a really good gun game server?

Comment

I love regular CS:S and Zombie mod.... ROCKS

Nothing like being holed up in a pitch black room with a friend while while listening to zombies run by and then seeing the door quickly open and close and hearing a roar before you turn zombie lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                        Cain if your still interested in gun game... please for the love of god do not set up a gungame TURBO server... its just ruins that game.... turbo is where you kill somebody and get a new gun automatically. In gun game regular you kill somebody and stay on that gun until the round is over. The only way to level up after your gun kill is to get a knife kill. shall i post an ip to a really good gun game server?

If you have an IP, PM it to Cain.

As for the turbo gun game, I don't mind the style at all. I find it more fast paced, you stay on maps for a shorter time, which is always fun.

regular gun game is fun as well.

I've seen more turbo servers than regular servers, but that could just be me

Comment

I still play CSS occasionally, but I don't really get excited about it anymore. Gun Game is fun every now and then.
                          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I'm looking at Zombie Mod today...

Comment

here a SS from today messing around zombie mod at cains

Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by RuThLeSsKiLLa View Post
                                here a SS from today messing around zombie mod at cains
                                LOL.. that was quite a bit of fun this afternoon.

That is probably me below you, and Cain is one of the zombies.

BRAINS, NEED BRAINS!
                                - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X