No announcement yet.

Frontlines Who Has It ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I will pass on this one until they get the major bugs fixed and allow you to run dedicated servers. People can run servers from their local systems but from what I have read they haven't released the files to allow dedicated servers.

Comment

Originally posted by RadarBait
      I think I will pass on this one until they get the major bugs fixed and allow you to run dedicated servers. People can run servers from their local systems but from what I have read they haven't released the files to allow dedicated servers.
      Ur right...how ever they do have their own D servers up though

Comment

Well I spent some time on the phone with THQ yesterday and from what I understand is all the Server Browser and connection issues should be fixed by the end of today...what supposedly happened was Kaos Studios coordinated the patch and hot fix release without coordinating with THQ and therefore THQ's servers were not ready for it... hopefully what they told me is true and it will be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus
          Well I spent some time on the phone with THQ yesterday and from what I understand is all the Server Browser and connection issues should be fixed by the end of today...what supposedly happened was Kaos Studios coordinated the patch and hot fix release without coordinating with THQ and therefore THQ's servers were not ready for it... hopefully what they told me is true and it will be fixed
          Well, regardless of how they spin it, their ducks still have to be in a row come March 11th. Their demo will fall flat and this game won't ever take off if they release a buggy, unworkable demo.

Why do so many companies have a problem polishing their product?

Comment

Well they r always in a rush to make $$$...in the end they gonna lose more because I paid $50 for this game and have had it a lil over a week and cant go online.....if they dont fix the issue Im getting my $$ back

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus
              Well they r always in a rush to make $$$...in the end they gonna lose more because I paid $50 for this game and have had it a lil over a week and cant go online.....if they dont fix the issue Im getting my $$ back
              Correct, its a quick money grab. Problem is, they'd make a LOT more money in the long run if they waited a while longer and released a polished title.

Just look at Blizzard. They've firmly set themselves up in the "only release when it's perfect" camp, and as a result they sell MILLIONS of copies of their games. THQ will be lucky to move a couple hundred thousand of this game, and the after release sales will be abysmal.

That is, unless they fix the problems and release a stellar demo. We'll see....

Comment

Wow... I was debating whether to buy this game or not, but it seems as if ya'll are as critical of Kaos and THQ as you are of EA.
                I'll stay tuned, but it isn't looking great.

I wonder how this affects THQ's ability to holdout from EA's buying power...

Comment

Well I think they have fixed all the bugs cause today all my problems went away with online play and I must say it sure is a blast and I would love to see it come to Cainslair

If anyone has it we should set up a meet time on a server

Comment

Where is this dumb demo?!?
                    [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
                    You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

An annoucement about the Frontlines: Fuel of War PC Beta should be released today assuming everything goes well according to Mitch, Community Manager from Kaos Studios, according to his post in our forums about the subject.

"Probably... possibly... maybe... if everything works the way it is supposed to...
                      Today.
                      (we'll be making an announcement I mean) "

Update: Well looks like things did not go as planned:

"Well we had a big announcement to make today but it looks like nothing is going to happen as quickly as we had planned. There are some issues that have to be resolved before we move forward and once that happens I will be able to tell you a lot more. My apologies and I hope to have some good news for you very soon."
                      [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
                      You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

They shouldn't have released this game so early.

Financial timing trumping development timing = Fail.

That said, I still want to try the demo. Hope springs eternal

Comment

I have the game

I have played the MP a few times and found it OK

Its "OK" possibly more because I haven't had the time to master the game's controls the way I like to.

It has none of the "wow" factor of Crysis, but is a solid effort.

I have been busy with the forums transition.

It is not coming to Cain's Lair anytime soon.

To Be Continued........................

Comment

...its downloading right now on STEAM

Comment

Let us know how it goes Hamster. I fear getting it through Steam is a big mistake. They don't send out updates like the vendor and you cannot use the updates from the vendor is purchased through Steam. I really wanted this game but there are too many problems for me. I have enough issues since the Steam client update. It takes several tries to play COD4 or anything else now.

Also the fact they cannot even release the demo because of issues makes me want to keep my 50.00 on my side of the monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by RadarBait View Post
                                Let us know how it goes Hamster. I fear getting it through Steam is a big mistake. They don't send out updates like the vendor and you cannot use the updates from the vendor is purchased through Steam. I really wanted this game but there are too many problems for me. I have enough issues since the Steam client update. It takes several tries to play COD4 or anything else now.

Also the fact they cannot even release the demo because of issues makes me want to keep my 50.00 on my side of the monitor.

FACT: all updates are applied through the STEAM client within 48 hours of a patch release. Your STEAM user customer ID is randomly quequed and some will get said update within 4 hours of the release. I happen to be one of those people who keep getting the 40th hour patch, but I have peers in real life that are getting them much faster than I.

FACT: games bought through steam are always kept at highest version- so in progressively updated games, if you uninstall them at build 1.0 and reinstall at 1.9 you arent doing the never ending patchwork quilting excercise, followed by the scrap and reinstall due to corruption, that I find with hard copy software.

FACT: demo content takes resources as you must "code down" the application and limit the available content. Depending on how they structured it, they may have simply chosen not to work within that framework. Stability issues always come up when you dont develop the demo in parallel with the master copy of the game. Pull one tree out and 20 trees suddenly become unstable. My perception from everything I have read is that this is what is happening.

I never got to play this game as I fell asleep on the couch

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X