No announcement yet.

Elder Scrolls Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eehhhhhh... I really did give up on it already. It's pretty much just a MMO with a real physics engine staring the Elder Scrolls series. Same pricing and other MMO tomfoolery.

Also being such a huge Elder Scrolls fan but having been sooooo disappointed with Skyrim, it's hard for me to get excited. I only have Skyrim installed still because I wanna replay the guild missions while using my Oculus Rift...... for whenever it decides to show up xD

The only MMO I ever got into was Star Wars: Galaxies but my friends and I strictly did space battles, we only went to the ground to pimp out our ships and to grab some missions. I still haven't seen a game beat Galaxies when it comes to space combat.

But anyways ES:O... probably is gonna do mediocre. Bethesda has to find a way for people to justify playing it. It's the same price as WoW, but won't have WoW's seniority, so ES:O realistically is gonna just be another in the crowd of MMOs.

There's always a chance that there might be a few surprises when it comes out, though!

Comment

Originally posted by ImTheeBubbleTea View Post
      eehhhhhh... I really did give up on it already. It's pretty much just a MMO with a real physics engine staring the Elder Scrolls series. Same pricing and other MMO tomfoolery.

Also being such a huge Elder Scrolls fan but having been sooooo disappointed with Skyrim, it's hard for me to get excited. I only have Skyrim installed still because I wanna replay the guild missions while using my Oculus Rift...... for whenever it decides to show up xD

The only MMO I ever got into was Star Wars: Galaxies but my friends and I strictly did space battles, we only went to the ground to pimp out our ships and to grab some missions. I still haven't seen a game beat Galaxies when it comes to space combat.

But anyways ES:O... probably is gonna do mediocre. Bethesda has to find a way for people to justify playing it. It's the same price as WoW, but won't have WoW's seniority, so ES:O realistically is gonna just be another in the crowd of MMOs.

There's always a chance that there might be a few surprises when it comes out, though!
      what exactly was your issue with Skyrim? i thought it was a good game. I probably won't play ES:O if it isn't free...
      [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I thought the game's engine and stuff was great, and all the combat was really fun. My issue was the main story line was extremely boring and made very little sense. There was a few cool moments like the bone dragon and stuff but that's it. The other issue was dragon battles went from fucking awesome to very tedious by your 10th battle. I'm so happy the mod community at least fixed the dragon issue VERY quickly.
        Also, Bethesda said there was gonna be an infinite number of quests thanks to their dynamic quest system. Problem was it didn't work; That or they scrapped it before launch. The only "random" quests were 2 or 3 prescripted encounters that could appear anywhere on the map.
        ...and the new equipment system. How chest pieces, pauldrons, and grieves where all one item was a let down.
        Plus, the stealth tree and armorer tree could be spammed leveled to 100 in only a few hours.

Wow, that was more than I thought I'd write... Skyrim did have a few good improvements though. The character creator was a huge improvement over Morrowind and especially Oblivion.
        & The daedric quests were probably the best ones yet. They actually made it take a bit of effort to get the banes! Morrowind fuckin just handed them to you more or less.

I think the issue is, I was holding Bethesda to a really high standard and was holding them to their word about every detail of the game... What a mistake that was

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X