No announcement yet.

Mass effect 3 demo!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure most of you have finished it by now. And I found the ending to be utterly craptastic!!

Didnt make sense at all... Bioware seems to be getting more and more lazy. The rushed release of DA2 and now this?
    Doubt I will be buying any Bioware game in the near future. IMO they should invest more $$$ in making the game itself and not using movie stars for voice acting...

Comment

there is going to be more of commander shepard as well... Just to let you know. Theres some online compaign against the ending asking for several more choices.

20 March 2012 Last updated at 12:23 ET Share this pageEmail Print Share this page

3.6KShareFacebookTwitter.Mass Effect campaign demands new ending to seriesComments (111) The Mass Effect series was launched in 2007 Continue reading the main story
      Related Stories
      Bafta video game winners for 2012
      Suppliers refusing to serve Game

Gamers angered at the ending of Mass Effect 3 have campaigned for an alternate conclusion - and raised more than $70,000 (£44,000) for charity.

Players have complained that decisions taken during the game have little effect on the ending - a key selling point of the series.

Canada-based developer Bioware has stood by the conclusion which it describes as "bittersweet".

However, they hinted extra material could be made available to download.

"We'll keep listening, because your insights and constructive feedback will help determine what that content should be," executive producer Casey Hudson wrote in a forum post.

"This is not the last you'll hear of [main character] Commander Shepard."

Since the series' first release in 2007, players have been able to make moral decisions throughout all three games - all with an impact on the end of the saga.

Owners of Mass Effect 3, which was released at the start of this month to great critical acclaim, could upload save game files from the first two titles so these decisions could be carried forward and impact on the new game.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote
      Some of our most passionate fans needed more closure”
      End Quote
      Casey Hudson

Bioware

The campaign for an alternative ending is being publicised in the UK by Sebastian Sobcyzk, a boutique clothing store owner in Chelsea, London.

He told the BBC that gamers feel cheated by the game's conclusion.

"They just completely destroyed the whole game for us.

"If I wanted to get my soul crushed, I could just turn on the TV and put the news on."

Mr Sobcyzk said backers of the campaign had "voiced their displeasure with their wallet" by donating to Child's Play, a charity which provides toys and video games to children in more than 70 hospitals worldwide.

Backers had raised $70,000 (£44,000) by Tuesday morning.

Mass Effect 3, released earlier this month, is said to be the final instalment in the series
      Mr Sobcyzk called for a downloadable patch to be made available to add additional endings. On gaming forums, fans of the series have complained that no matter how "good" you are during the game, the ending is still a sad one.

"The game is about choices and consequences," explained Mr Sobcyzk.

"You do good things and bad things. We were promised by the developers to have 16 different endings.

"All these choices you make and you get a choice of three different endings which are exactly the same, minus a couple of tweaks here and there."

Counter-campaign

Another disgruntled gamer, going by the forum handle of "El_Spiko", said he had filed a complaint with the US trading standards organisation, the Federal Trade Commission.

El_Spiko wrote: "After reading through the list of promises about the ending of the game they made in their advertising campaign and PR interviews, it was clear that the product we got did not live up to any of those claims."

However, not all gamers are pressing for change. A counter-campaign, Support Bioware's Mass Effect, is backing the developers' decision.

In response to complaints, Bioware's Mr Hudson said the "underlying theme of sacrifice" throughout the series as reflected in the ending.

However, he added: "We also recognise that some of our most passionate fans needed more closure, more answers, and more time to say goodbye to their stories."

Mr Sobcyzk said the time - and money - invested in the game by fans needs to be rewarded with a more fulfilling end.

"If this was a Hollywood film, and they had a test audience, they would have never released the ending like that. It would have just not happened.

"For the love of God, give us the good ending!"

Comment

I just don't buy the "ending sucked, I want my money back!" argument.

The whole bloody GAME is the end of the Mass Effect series. So what if the last 5 minutes has some issues? It's the build up and conclusion to the story they've been telling over time that is important.

And to rule out Bioware for this? Crazy talk. Their scales are firmly set in the "awesome" column for all the games they've produced over time.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

IMO, the last 5 minutes had a lot of issues...

Prime example: [SPOILER]
          How the hell did my 2 person squad end up on the Normandy?? They were suppose to enter the beam. Wasnt Joker in space defending the citadel & hammer??
          Why did Joker feel the need to race the beam through the relay and end up in another system?

It came off like it was slapped together in the same amount of time it took to play ending.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X