No announcement yet.

Mass effect 3 demo!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And all third person? or can you go first person?
    A change of Pace.
    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I've need playing it all weekend so far. Well, the multiplayer part that is...

Its pretty fun with a team of other players fighting off 11 wave of enemies and trying to complete goals during waves. The game mechanics seem to work pretty well. You get 3 powers that you upgrade over levels. Different races over all the classes powers slightly to add a variety.

If anyone wants to group up for some MP action I'm Plaztic_CLR on Origins.

Been having a blast in the MP part, really looking forward to finishing the story line as well for Shepard since I've totally enjoyed the first 2! More so then the DA series.

M3 appears to be all third person, pretty sure the previous editions where only 3rd as well. At least thats all I ever played.

Comment

I guess you are right plastic . I never noticed.
        When you zoom in to fire it goes to first person. So I guess I fight in 1st person and move in 3rd person.

Personally I only play on the hardest setting. If your used to a FPS then its way to easy.

Comment

just can not get used to the third person view. Playing MP was better than the SP, but still too awkward.
          A change of Pace.
          "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
            just can not get used to the third person view. Playing MP was better than the SP, but still too awkward.
            It takes some time but you do get used to it. But the thing about Mass Effect isn't so much the gameplay as it is the story. Like all Bioware games, the storyline is phenomenal. Well worth the time, and ME 2 is better than ME 1 here.

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I'm looking forward to the story. I have it pre-ordered on Origin, but I will not spoil things by playing the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                I guess you are right plastic . I never noticed.
                When you zoom in to fire it goes to first person. So I guess I fight in 1st person and move in 3rd person.

Personally I only play on the hardest setting. If your used to a FPS then its way to easy.
                Agreed, insanity setting is the only way to go.
                Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by BadHabitz View Post
                  I'm looking forward to the story. I have it pre-ordered on Origin, but I will not spoil things by playing the demo.
                  Demo shows you very little. One little part of the very very start and one side mission with a krogan. The shooting looking more accurate though.
                  Speaking of shooting anyone ever like that shotgun, that and hand to hand were very useless.

Comment

Demo shows you very little. One little part of the very very start and one side mission with a krogan. The shooting looking more accurate though.
                    Speaking of shooting anyone ever like that shotgun, that and hand to hand were very useless.
                    Thats fine about the demo, I wouldnt want them to give away to much. The Dragon Age 2 demo was the same way.
                    BTW, HtH is reported by the Devs to have some major improvements.

Comment

yea they showed in the demo a little H2H. But if your good on your aim and ammo management you should never be in that position.
                      kinda like in dead space. If you run out of ammo your not doing it well enough.

Comment

To be honest guys, I was a bit disappointed with the demo. Not to say that the gameplay isn't spot on with ME2, but I figured there would be atleast an upgrade in the graphics engine. Perhaps customization would've been more. Other than the storyline, I don't really see that much of a difference between 2 and 3.

I'll still play it and don't get me wrong, the graphics are awesome, but at the sametime, I figured something would have changed. I don't think they care too much about graphics these days. I don't think anyone wants to push their graphic engines.

Anyone know when we're going to get games that have puzzle type elements in it that are mixed with a well orchestrated game? Silent Hill for instance had loads of puzzles. Not to mention Resident Evil having some crazy puzzle elements within it as well.

I come from consoles when I was younger, so finding PC's that will stimulate all my senses is becoming rare. The last PC game that stimulated my senses fully was Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. The first one was amazing. I figured The Old Republic would have such elements, but at the moment it's just running around and following the storyline. I'm canceling my subscription now haha

Anyway I'm just ranting now. I love the ME3 demo. Just a bit disappointed.

Comment

But if your good on your aim and ammo management you should never be in that position.
                          kinda like in dead space. If you run out of ammo your not doing it well enough.
                          One word... Vanguard

Comment

lets make a list of who has the demo so we can get a MP room together and do some waves

Comment

i have the demo. Hit me up on steam before going to origin.
                              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Will wait for the Steam edition of ME3 or at least for the dlc stuff to be implemented.

Won't buy it at launch...
                                Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X