No announcement yet.

Duke Nukem Forever release date: 5/3/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to play it a little bit yesterday and today. I went straight to Multiplayer lol.. I'll play the single player soon.

I think the max player is 8 players(4vs4) and I played a few Team Dukematch and Dukematch. (dukes version of Freeforall) What the multiplayer of this game reminds me of the old Duke Nukem3D multiplayer. Fast, twitchy and aim ahead of your opponent next move. Also bring back alot of my UT99 days and a little of Quake. Right now, I have met players that doesnt understand the need to jump, shoot, move, shoot, jump move, shoot. lol, I guess some gamers think this is BFBC2 or something

Graphics wise, Its Duke here, I didnt really expect some gawd looking graphics, but since we are talking about it, it reminds me something like Unreal Tournament but Duke's style. I looked up the unreal engine DNF is using. They are using the Unreal engine 2.5. It would be great if George Broussard use Unreal engine 3 instead but for what ever reason was going on his head, oh well lol. From the multiplayer maps perspective, I feel Gearbox Software did rush on some of the details. (thanks 2K )

Now as for the poorly optimized as phantom pointed out. I also encountered this micro studder. I find it odd how during the installation, steam installed AMD Dual-Core Optimizer. (I think its a plot from AMD ) Anyway I fixed my micro studder issue by removing all shadows off (both world and character) in the game settings. Its still a issue that needs to be fix. I shouldn't have to turn off things to play a game.

Here are some of my lame screenshots.

I like this screenshot cause Duke and the pig have this old DOS graphic look lol

Caddy still got it

aww

Comment

The stove is hawt!

Im the microwave. I saw someone run in here but I couldnt figured out how they shut the door.

Comment

Notice the terrible graphics.

Comment

I figured out how to close the microwave door. Someone has to go in to get the weapon, you shoot the spatula behind the door to close it and he gets cooked But Duke handgun doesnt have enough kick to close the door

Comment

Still looks like a fun game to me. I read the review from arstechnica above, and for all the reasons the author didnt like the game "rampantly offensive." I think that is what makes Duke Nukem the Duke.
            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              Yes to Duke, no to the game. I've never been stuck so many times. The game has no major puzzles but the tiny ones it had, it's impossible to find out sometimes. I'm not a stupid person and they definitely didn't Beta test this. Graphics are PS2'ish too. Poorly optimized for PC, it uses ALL of my 4 cores 100% the entire time the game is working. It's great to see Duke again, but Zero Punctuation made a review of it 3 years ago and it is pretty damn accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u6rdroe3VU

A sad waste of a game, unless you want to see a nice pair of CGI boobs.
              Skud doesn't do puzzles. I'll wait 'til I'm even older for that.

Comment

Thats one ugly year 2003 looking game

Comment

the graphics do look pretty dated. i am sure the game play is fun.

Comment

I bet it is, especially if you dont aspect from this game anything. I saw way too many people waiting for this game over a decade to be pretty upset with this THING.

Comment

Originally posted by bobytt View Post
                      I bet it is, especially if you dont aspect from this game anything. I saw way too many people waiting for this game over a decade to be pretty upset with this THING.
                      the only game i would anxiously wait that long for is mechwarrior 5.

this game just seems to lack the effects newer FPS's do. i dont see too much dynamic light, smoke, or just general back ground effects.

i hadnt seen screen till this post. just remonds me of an old school doom, wolfenstein, or um duke nukem, just faster, and quicker. funny this would remind me of an old duke nukem. no idea why

Comment

Well I loved Quake2 back in 1997, but u cant release FPS in 2011 that look like that and to claim is MAJOR title as 3D Realms did. This game is so late i cant even say with by how many years. Around 2001-2003 was going to be fun. Now... not so much. For simple run n gun game we have MW2, Black Ops and soon MW3 so there is no place for bad developed mindless game today

Comment

I enjoyed the SP so far.

After all it's better than the 3.0 Gamespot rating for sure: it:Duke Nukem Forever Review, Duke Nukem Forever PS3 Review - GameSpot.com
                          Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X