Duke Nukem Forever release date: 5/3/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duke Nukem Forever release date: 5/3/2011

Finally, After all these years. Will it live up to the hype? Will gamestop and others accept people's 10+ years of pre-order reserved?

Here is an interview about the game.

Duke Nukem Forever Video Game, Return Of The Duke Interview | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Well the date been push back another month 6/13/2011

Just reserved my copy on Steam for 44.99 Currently 10% off. I wanted a [H]ard Copy to go with my Duke Nukem 3d and Duke it out in DC but meh..... Been waiting 10+ years. After 3 or 4 engines update, and the "Its finish when its finish" I sure hope its worth the wait.
      Last edited by Caddys83; 11 May 2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

it probably won't be worht the wait... but i don't really care... i'm getting it... duke is my savior.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
          Well the date been push back another month
          I'd be surprised if it's on the shelves by X-mas. I will have to "get some" when it does come out, though, for old time's sake.

Comment

Cant wait

Comment

Yeah, I guess it wont be worth the wait. Although, This is about the only single player game im excited about. BFBC2 single player didnt catch my intrest. The same for Blackops. Those game I was in it for Multiplayer. I never tried Crysis 2 cause of the MP demo sux bad

I enjoyed Duke Nukem 3D and Duke it out in DC. Great games. I just wish I knew about the other expansion packs at the time. I guess I could get a DOS box up and running and maybe find the expansion packs on the net.

I dont exactly remember how I found my way to the Multiplayer part of Duke Nukem 3D. But at some point in life, I started to use the game service like MPlayer.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and SegaSoft heat.net - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to find other Duke Nukem 3D players.

Duke Nukem 3D was also my first try and only entry into making maps. (well I did try to make one on Unreal99 but social life was taking over lol) I remember making 3 maps and uploaded one of them. Im sure its in archived somewhere on one of those Duke Nukem site if its still around. If not maybe someone still have it on their 3.5 disket lol. One of the maps I made was my own strip bar/joint with beds lol. One room was a movie set for you know... Another was a copy of one of the local mall. Dont think I finish the 3rd map cause I had issues with getting my Subway train to run. I had to use someone's train and modified it on getting my train to run and stop. Never did figured out how to make it run back and forth so I had it running in a loop.

Comment

dannng.. 2001? and its still in 1 piece... wow LOL

Comment

its time to kick ass and chew bubblegum
                  Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

June 14th i'm ready!!!

Comment

So anyone play that demo yet? I been reading mix reviews about it.

Comment

Copied from a post on DailyTech:

All this time companies and the news has been reporting about rampant piracy on the PC and how it is killing developers desire to market games to anything but consoles. Consoles are safe, they keep telling us. Consoles are the way to go to combat piracy, they say.

Yet, a week before Duke Nukem Forever comes out, the pirated version of it comes out where--FOR CONSOLES.

Yeah, they can take their anti-PC gaming hype and shove it up their backsides. A lot of us on the PC are older and we respect the fact that the developers work for their families to put food on their tables, thus we pay for our software.

I like the way this guy thinks ! He's right, and its a sad fact to say that too.
                        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

The game is ok, but not worth 50 bucks imho.

Enigne and gameplay is aged. But I like the retro feel somehow.

Anyone else playing this?
                          Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Yes to Duke, no to the game. I've never been stuck so many times. The game has no major puzzles but the tiny ones it had, it's impossible to find out sometimes. I'm not a stupid person and they definitely didn't Beta test this. Graphics are PS2'ish too. Poorly optimized for PC, it uses ALL of my 4 cores 100% the entire time the game is working. It's great to see Duke again, but Zero Punctuation made a review of it 3 years ago and it is pretty damn accurate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u6rdroe3VU

A sad waste of a game, unless you want to see a nice pair of CGI boobs.

Comment

Ars Technica: Duke Nukem Forever: barely playable, not funny, rampantly offensive

Duke Nukem Forever: barely playable, not funny, rampantly offensive
                              [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                              [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X