ASSASSIN'S CREED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COMES OUT TOMMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Any other opinions from those that have played it? I'm tempted to pick it up on my way home after reading Gabe @ Penny Arcade's slam of the negative reviews.

Link (second article down)
      [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
      [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Thrashdragon
        Any other opinions from those that have played it? I'm tempted to pick it up on my way home after reading Gabe @ Penny Arcade's slam of the negative reviews.

Link (second article down)
        Once I finish it I'll do a little write-up about it.

So far, I like it. A LOT.

while I'm only Approx. halfway through the game, almost everything about it pleases me greatly. Certain things about the AI are a little annoying (they are pretty dense sometimes), but since its a game, its not too hard to suspend disbelief (its certainly no worse than about 99% of the AI out there in other games ).

Best things so far:
        -Free Running/Climbing
        -Combat (don't listen to the naysayers, its actually pretty fun when you get into it with 5+ guards).
        -Assassinations are cool
        -Getaways are mostly cool (AI, again, can be a bit dumb in this regard, but thats forgivable)
        -Horse riding is fun and feels just right.

Some not so good things:
        -Guards are tipped off to your presence a little too easily sometimes (normal speed horse = alert? LAME)
        -Pickpocketing is pretty weak, but luckily you don't usually have to do it much.
        -Not a lot of variety (assassinations are pretty similar in sequence)

So far, I think the biggest complaint most people have levied on AC has been its repetitive nature. But most of the time, this involves running/climbing and or fighting, which, while repetitive, are both pretty doggone fun. I mostly agree with Gabe's assessment. I think if you're forced to rush through this game, you can't stop to appreciate many of its subtle pleasures. Most of the enjoyment comes from immersing yourself in the world, not just rushing through it and having the game bludgeon you over the head with immersion.

If you approach the game as a canvas, rather than a series of tasks to accomplish, I think you can extract far more enjoyment out of it. Wow, this turned into a mini review

Comment

I too planned on writing up something once I was done with the game.

But so far, it has been well worth the $60

It has been one of the all time most enjoyable single player experiences I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovey Wade
            I too planned on writing up something once I was done with the game.

But so far, it has been well worth the $60

It has been one of the all time most enjoyable single player experiences I've had.
            +1 indeed. I'm a bit pissed at some aspects of the game, but that doesn't effect the gameplay too much, you just can't do certain things.

I however have a bug in my game making me redo a mission or memory block w/e. It happened when I made a new version, and my brother wanted to try the game out when he got off work and he went to new instead of continue, it didn't save, but I had no objectives, and was told to go somewhere but I had no marker at all, and I couldn't reach the area at all.

Comment

I have just got it this morning for the Ps3 not had chace to try it yet and it out for the Pc spring next year with Add chapters.

Comment

Well I just finished the game and the ending is a bit open.

Though, there is some bonus stuff to do after the game that I think will bring some more closure to the story.

Comment

WOO!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I got at 6 or so, and it is AWESOME!
                  City-wide alerts are super fun... but when ure going in between cities it's kinda annoyin as when you gallop really fast a bunch of guards will be pissed and attack you... and it IS repetitive...

But combat is amazing, EVERYTHING but the repeaty bit is awesome!!!

Comment

Wow? people beat it before me? Hmm... maybe because it took me ages to figure out that I needed to go to new districts and get view points, it's hard listening. And a lot of my friends wanted to come play some xbox live halo 3 with me, which sucked. Only time I really ever want to avoid my friends

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
                      Wow? people beat it before me? Hmm... maybe because it took me ages to figure out that I needed to go to new districts and get view points, it's hard listening. And a lot of my friends wanted to come play some xbox live halo 3 with me, which sucked. Only time I really ever want to avoid my friends
                      I've only done one main mission

Comment

Will wait for a polished PC version in 2008...
                        Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu
                          My son Prey_for_death finshed the game in 5 hours that was a waste of cash So i'll wait and play the PC version because they are add 2 new city to it from what I heard on Gameers TV Interview with Jade whats hear face.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkrain371
                            Originally posted by Grisu
                            My son Prey_for_death finished the game in 5 hours that was a waste of cash So i'll wait and play the PC version because they are add 2 new city to it from what I heard on Gameers TV Interview with Jade whats hear face.
                            No, No, and no.

5 hours? Maybe if you've already played it and are doing a speed run. Except this game is terrible for that kind of gameplay.

There aren't going to be "2 new cities" in the PC version. While they may add some content, its going to be close to the same game. Whatever content they do add (if any) would be minor......2 new cities completely changes the game.

If you just buy games to see how fast you can finish them, then Assassins Creed is a terrible purchase. But if you buy games to have fun and to experience the world that the designers created, then its great.

Comment

Not to mention... if you bought the game once (2 citys would hardly justify buying it again for pc). If you dont like the game you can probably ebay it and recoup most of your money back since its so new and highly rated.

But i agree these games aren't ment to rush through just to try and beet. Like oblivion you could do it, but its way less fun and you will hardly get your moneys worth compared to the people who take their time.

Comment

If you go beat every optional mission before you make the big assassinations, there is no way you could beat it in 5 hours. It took me at least 10-15 (I wasn't keeping track).

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X