No announcement yet.

Sad "news" for all of the PC community of the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats pathetic is the PC version isnt even done...

Moriarte: Will there be a multiplayer PC demo shortly after release? The PC community is largely skeptical at best right now and with no ability to trade-in or rent, this is a real gamble for our wallets.

Vince-IW: No plans for a demo currently. We are still working on finishing the PC game right now (yes, I know... we need to get done!)

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
      OK guys calm it down a bit. This thread should be about how IW threatens communities like ours without dedicated servers instead we are all just calling each other names. How about we all just be Cains Lair fanboys.
      Sorry, Duke...you know I don't often use names, but after his post using the "c" word (probably in the top five most offensive English words, I'd say...I see it's been removed) towards another CLR I couldn't remain silent, and it didn't appear that his level of comprehension could keep up with a more rational statement.

At any rate, your statement, above, sums up pretty well why it upset me to hear him laughing with spiteful glee about the loss of dedicated servers...for it is a dedicated server, CAIN'S LAIR, on a PC that brought most, if not all, of us here. Laughing that a major developer is obviously steering future research and development towards console-like games (and at the same time cheering console games, no less), setting game evolution back about ten years, is short-sighted at best...as is using words like "PC snobs" or worse in a Lair of PCers. I'll leave it at that...

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
        as is using words like "PC snobs" or worse in a Lair of PCers. I'll leave it at that...
        Yet just a few posts up you called me an out right fanboy for no reason at all. So i actually totally agree with you, its people like you who make this place unpleasant.

I was laughing because ever since i started posting here ive been ridiculed by you PC bigots for enjoying my console. Before Modern Warfare 2 was even announced and i tried having a mature discussion about Bad Company, a great game that unfortunately wasnt released on PC (i still dont understand why it wasnt but whatever thats another story). Countless times ive been told "Ok, enjoy your kids games, we will play our hardcore games" or something of that nature, and now look what the developer of the best selling FPS is doing to the supposedly superior version. If you werent one of those people ragging on me, then what i said wasnt directed at you, plain and simple.

So great, play your "hardcore" games, keep being closed minded and stuck up, miss out on a lot of great titles and enjoy getting shafted by your favourite developers in the future. (First DICE, then Valve, now Infinity Ward.. who will be next?)

Off topic: you guys seem to get offended easily. reminded me of this situation.

{URL: Removed by DougBob}
        Last edited by DougBob; 5 Nov 2009, 10:30 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language in Video

Comment

Originally posted by ak416 View Post
          Yet just a few posts up you called me an out right fanboy for no reason at all. So i actually totally agree with you, its people like you who make this place unpleasant.
          Lol. Whatever you do, don't read.

I called you fanboy after you called someone else "c****", and after you laughed because...nevermind...like talking to a wall.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
              OK guys calm it down a bit. This thread should be about how IW threatens communities like ours without dedicated servers instead we are all just calling each other names. How about we all just be Cains Lair fanboys.
              Guys posting here...what part of "OK guys calm it down a bit" do you not understand?

Take your flames to PM. Don't keep posting them here, especially after you have just seen a gentle reminder from a fellow admin.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

The more I think about that interview from BestBuy, the more I feel betrayed/lied too. In another interview, Robert (fourzerotwo) said the PC multiplayer player numbers will be greater then the consoles, So I been thinking 20 (10vs10 or 24 (12vs12) players... Now as the release date is closer, Another person from IW say it will be equal across all platforms (9vs9)

I understand Robert is just a PR guy but dont make up stuff that you have noconfirmation from the developers of the game. Maybe they (IW) told him to not give the number figure for PC, fine but atleast tell us, "I dont know."

Comment

Originally posted by bobytt View Post

Very informative ad, Bobytt, brings us back to the original thread.

And upon further thought, anyone, shouldn't the MW2 posts/threads now be taken out of "Cain's Lair games" and put into the "Other PC Games" section, since we won't be able to play it on the Lair? Just a thought.

Comment

Good stuff bobytt.
                    That should be distributed and put in store windows. If anyone with any sense of understanding could read and see how there really is no comparison, I dont see how they could still buy this piece of crap.

There is no one anywhere that can come out and tell me with any sound logic how this is a better gaming environment.

I think I'll go to the bathroom and throw up now. Thats how bad I feel about listening to their crap explanations.

IW

But as someone said above, they should be dead to all of us now.
                    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Credit have to go to some unknown Aussie... otherwise i agree with you...

Comment

Charging extra for game patches seems particularly despicable. Thats greed...not just bad judgement.

Comment

Just a quick comment. In that chart that lists the positives and the negatives in red. I personally don't always think that having you profile stored online is great.

Comment

So without dedicated servers our type of communities could cease to exist?

I don't know if this question has been asked but why would they do this?

Cancelled my pre-order. No free DLC and having to pay to play online HAHAHA yea right.

Petition is at 194646 btw
                            We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Well that just sucks. :

Comment

Originally posted by KyleRiley View Post
                                So without dedicated servers our type of communities could cease to exist?

I don't know if this question has been asked but why would they do this?
                                Yes, without dedicated servers we'd be limited to facebook, phonecalls, and chatting with friends in-game (about 8 of them)...which is why some of us white (and other) PC snobs are boycotting.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X