Sad "news" for all of the PC community of the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mapes View Post
    Nope not even close. Personally played 4 person Doom over NetBIOS creashing my employers poorly designed WAN (seagate if you must know) in 1993 and in 1991 this over IPX

And for that matter network snipes over IPX as well in 89
    Nintendo had the Color TV Game Console in 1977 and NES in 1983. And I had an Atari in 1972.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Unbelievable, Koticks made this statment a few months back..

“if it was left to me, I would raise the prices even further.” -Bobby Koticks Activision Blizzard CEO

So he would raise the price to what? $70??? That would be about 75 bucks (plus tax for me) for a standard game. No collectors edition, and we'll come to find out all this mess??? I admit I wanted a collectiors edition, but even I would have to stop somewhere for standard version of the game that only comes with a DVD case and a book. And I remember reading people comments on serveral sites claiming its cause of inflation.. Yeah right
      Last edited by Caddys83; 22 Oct 2009, 01:45 AM. Reason: miss spell Unbelievable,me failed

Comment

I'm trying to leave this alone lol

Six years difference does not equate to equal

I counted one year between 93 doom and the 94 inital start of Sega/ATT Edge 16 . I didn't said it equal.. I did say "just as long" Ok the key word is "just" Most of us know about the late 80's bbs, and all the other basment hobby type internet either by living it or reading in the book. Heck I watch WarGames movie Anyway, I wasnt trying to get all technical like that era. Maybe I could find something on Atari front lines from the 80's modems and gaming since they were always coming up with stuff What I should had said; "I kinda disagree" instead of just saying, "I disagree."

But as far as I can remember when I played Doom, and Duke Nukem 3d. Around that era, gaming service were starting to poping up; heat.net, Mplayer, Arcadia, ect... To me, "that" is when PC online gameing gain momentum. Not in some Hobby Lobby type experiment. As it was pointed it out by {CLR}geneSW, I missed interpit what DougBob was saying since I needed cliff notes lol

Comment

And they wonder why the stuff gets pirated.

Your average high school player or college age guy complain about having to pay $3.50 for a Burrito. And they're gonna fork over $70 bucks for a game when they know they can get it for free.

Do the math!
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I'm talking running a four person network game. Hands down PC had that first. I aint talking bbs crap

Comment

I'm talking running a four person network game. Hands down PC had that first. I aint talking bbs crap
              same crap

Comment

MW2 Live Chat Session

I hope some of you guys would be able to attend this chat cause I will not be able to on November 3rd, the chat will take place from 6:00pm – 8:00pm Central time (7:00pm – 9:00pm Eastern) The guest are: Vince Zampella and Robert Bowling

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Live Chat Session - Best Buy Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                  I hope some of you guys would be able to attend this chat cause I will not be able to on November 3rd, the chat will take place from 6:00pm ? 8:00pm Central time (7:00pm ? 9:00pm Eastern) The guest are: Vince Zampella and Robert Bowling

There will be absolutely no substance to this bs chat session. They will rinse and repeat what they have already regurgitated ad nauseum. Its just them wanting to spin it a little bit more. And will do nothing to change anyones mind. Ours or theirs.

There is no way that what they are proposing could ever take the place of a dedicated server. We know it , they know it, (and have known for a long time.) And the rest of the world knows it. Its all about us showin them the money. Plain and simple. Greedy bastages.

I hope the hacker world tears them a new one. Somebody needs to get organized and make sure they have more crap than they can deal with.
                  I'm that mad.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Minimum System requirements is released. I know, you're not gonna buy it yara yara, but it's nice to see to minimums...

* Processor: AMD 64 3200+ or Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz or better
                    * Memory: 16 GB free hard drive space / 512 MB RAM (XP) / 1 GB RAM (Vista)
                    * Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB nVidia Geforce 6600GT / ATI Radeon 1600XT or better

GameStop reveals minimum specs for Modern Warfare 2 PC

Here's a reply on IW forums

"MW2 Specs were released on the 18th by 402 himself:

1. An internet Connection
                    2. A torrent client."

LOOOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                      Minimum System requirements is released. I know, you're not gonna buy it yara yara, but it's nice to see to minimums...

* Processor: AMD 64 3200+ or Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz or better
                      * Memory: 16 GB free hard drive space / 512 MB RAM (XP) / 1 GB RAM (Vista)
                      * Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB nVidia Geforce 6600GT / ATI Radeon 1600XT or better

GameStop reveals minimum specs for Modern Warfare 2 PC

Here's a reply on IW forums

"MW2 Specs were released on the 18th by 402 himself:

1. An internet Connection
                      2. A torrent client."

LOOOL!!!
                      man, 16 GB for hard drive.. And I thought Crysis Warhead was something lol

Comment

GTA-IV was 18GB. It's called a REALLY bad port...

Comment

10 gigs is anti-piracy protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                            10 gigs is anti-piracy protection.
                            ha ha

Comment

Thought this was kinda funny.

If they truly think the 'console way' is better, then allow players on all platforms to connect to the same games (so and Xbox can play against a PS3 and PC in the same game). Of course, there's only 2 ways that would happen. Either the console players would complain and quit playing when the much more powerful PCs ran circles around their overpriced Pong machines; or they'd have to cap PCs performance to the lower console level (in which case no one on PC would play the game).

Comment

I hope some of you guys would be able to attend this chat cause I will not be able to on November 3rd, the chat will take place from 6:00pm ? 8:00pm Central time (7:00pm ? 9:00pm Eastern) The guest are: Vince Zampella and Robert Bowling

Man, this definitely shows IW is willing to pay anyone off to keep their sales up. I believe they have shown they are scared
                                [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                                Like the community? Donate here:
                                [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X