No announcement yet.

Friday Night Frag Fest !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just teasing your Dad, but I can understand why he does not want a young person to have Internet access in their room....

He is looking out for what is best for you, and I'm sure you are thankful your folks love you enough to keep you safe.

Comment

Yup...Everything's for the best

Too bad the "best" isn't always fun

But that the new teenager attitude

Comment

I placed my son's computer in my office. That way I still controlled his Internet access.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post

I'm just teasing your Dad, but I can understand why he does not want a young person to have Internet access in their room....

He is looking out for what is best for you, and I'm sure you are thankful your folks love you enough to keep you safe.

14 is just to young IMO.

Brandon is a good kid BUT those " INTERNETS " well you know.
          In the family room its all good !!

V

Comment

I got an idea Vi-Toe .....

Get a wireless router, and him a wireless card....

you password the router and turn it on when he is gaming and you are in there with him (in CL of course), and off at all other times (I'm looking out for ya' Bran!!)...

Second thought, move his PC to the family room so you both can play on-line...

Third thought, let him have PC with Internet and remove all Web browsers and chat clients and block ports for both with your wireless router sending him a signal. Only allow Game ports you approve in and out...

Comment

you password the router and turn it on when he is gaming and you are in there with him (in CL of course), and off at all other times (I'm looking out for ya' Bran!!)...

Third thought, let him have PC with Internet and remove all Web browsers and chat clients and block ports for both with your wireless router sending him a signal. Only allow Game ports you approve in and out...

Cain.. You rock

DaD??

Comment

<Cain whispers>... Pssst, I'm working on him Bran....

Comment

Comment

Most likely to happen.

Comment

woot !! Bran !!!

Uncle Cain's got your back !!!!

Comment

Thanks Uncle Cain !

Comment

Comment

Fourth thought- mask the desktop so that he cant do anything even if he starts the PC. Then all he needs is you to be home to start the application for him.

Third only allowing certain IP traffic in and out (i.e. CLR servers.
                            )and fourth, basically having a dumb terminal for gaming, could solve the problem.

You could also install a logging application to monitor what JR is saying and what people are saying to JR in the game.

Comment

Another FRIDAY NIGHT Approaches !!!

Br@nFl@kes {CLR} will be in there EARLY to help get it going !!
                              The DaD has some pressing house projects that I'm looking to complete so...

I will be there for the late night !! until then....

COME EARLY AND COME STRONG....Br@nFl@kes{CLR} is starting to get his groove back !!

GO GET'EM SON !!

The DaD

Comment

I hope to be there but i'm on reserve duty so who knows.
                                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X