No announcement yet.

Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You were unreal at that game. I died from your hand so many times.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Just aim for the head. The only thing with stopping power is the moltov

Comment

I'm never going to get rid of that CSGO copy...

Comment

Just offer it up maybe.make a thread.

Comment

So how's a guy supposed to enjoy his newly purchased game when the server is always full ?? Don't make me go back to TF2 already !!

I spent an hour whupping the bots on the Normal skill level - went 8-2 over two matches. I quickly got wise to the shotty deaths I had earlier, but those damned snipers are now the only guys that bag me.
            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Just keep clicking the join button you'll get in...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                Just keep clicking the join button you'll get in...

Patience was never one of my strong points. Its such a busy time of the year with the wife and kids too .. I'll do my best to get in when I can.
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
                  Patience was never one of my strong points. Its such a busy time of the year with the wife and kids too .. I'll do my best to get in when I can.
                  Just use the Auto-Retry to join and make some coffee or a strong drink in the mean time

Comment

Or do what I do and read a book while waiting to join.
                    Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

use the bathroom or get something to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                        Or do what I do and read a book while waiting to join.
                        Apache
                        hahaha good advice

Comment

I picked a helluva time to futz around with my gamer box It had been running just great (ya, I know .. if it ain't broke ..) but I saw that an UEFI BIOS was now available for my Gigabyte board and proceeded to try and install it.

Anyone who owns a GB board knows they were the last major vendor to switch from the legacy BIOS to UEFI, so it seems that a lot of people had tried it and found it to be acceptable.

It was certainly a struggle from the start, as neither eBIOS or Q-Flash, the previously recommended methods of doing a BIOS update on a Gigabyte board, were even supported for this update. It required a bootable USB flash drive. Once I got that down pat, then I had to recreate my overclock settings - seemed simple enough, until I got back into Windows and found it was now reporting my CPU at this speed:

5.9ghz ?!!?? Ohhh, that's not right ... not right at all !! More fiddling, and I had to reset things to the best of my knowledge, finally getting back to my mild 4.1 OC. But still, Windows did not report that speed, showing the default of 3.31. Hmmm ... but CPU-ID showed it at 4.1

I dialed it in last night and it looked to be fine, but when I tried to wake it up this morning, I faced the dreaded bootloop issue that has plagued Gigabyte Z68 board for over a year now. A full power off and BIOS reset and it's working again, but I guess I really screwed up in updating to a BIOS I had no business using in the first place.

Luckily, there is a utility to roll back from the UEFI BIOS to the legacy BIOS. Ohh woe is me ... just when I think I can game on the Lair again ...

Comment

So, why exactly did you update a machine that was running perfectly ??

Comment

Because he could.
                              Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                                So, why exactly did you update a machine that was running perfectly ??

Its my #1 problem. I love to tinker, and knowing there was a UEFI BIOS out there would gnaw on my nerves, so I did what I always tell others not to do .. DO NOT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN !!

I guess I just like a challenge every now and then, and since I had upgraded both my HTPC and my WHS in the past month, the only one left to futz with was the main rig.

It was running OK after I had dialed in my overclock last night, but still resuming from sleep causes it to roll over and die on me. Simple solution - do not put it to sleep ! It's Friday .. I will attempt to play some CS:GO tonight. If I randomly disconnect in-game, you will know things just went belly up on me again.
                                I'll give it a week and revert back to the legacy BIOS after that.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X