Stuff I'm working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

In my opinion you should be carefull not to dumb down the server, it's supposed to be a competitive server after all. I think it's the people that need to learn and adjust to the game, not the opposite.

So I would prefer FF and collisions to remain on. It happens from time to time that there is blocking an tk but honestly not to the point that this is a problem.

For the tk I still believe that autokill at beggining of next round is not the solution, maybe try something else. I played on servers where the guy killed by a teammate could choose either if he wanted to kill the teamate that killed him, set him on fire or pardon, etc... Maybe you could try that. I also played in place where if someone attacked a teamate in like the 10 first second of a round, before any clashes between teams happens it was an instant autokill. I tried to explained that before but I think people didn't understood what I was talking about. That's a good way to tell people to take care not to hurt teamated on purpose the moment they join the game.

Concerning the maps the main concern is that some are too one-sided and I believe it to be not true. The main problem is people not working as a team. When Ts work all together the can manage to plant in every maps. And also with team switching sides after 15 round and 16 wins needed everyone has to play both sides so it's pretty fair.

Concerning the bomb timer I don't really have an opinion on that, I think it's working ok with the defaults settings.

Last thing, try the RTV system instead of the broken in-game voting sytem!

And thanks for your attention and good job with the server! It's fun to feel that our concerns can be heard and be taken intoo account, makes me want to stick with you!
      Last edited by Gibzz; 15 Sep 2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback and comments Gibzz ..

Yep, my preference is FF on, and it will definitely come back, but for now until I can find a working plugin to help with the griefing, I'll try it OFF....

I agree about blocking, and not "dumbing down" the server too...

I will look into RTV, I have never used it before... Can you explain it to me??

Comment

Originally posted by Gibzz View Post

Concerning the maps the main concern is that some are too one-sided and I believe it to be not true. The main problem is people not working as a team. When Ts work all together the can manage to plant in every maps. And also with team switching sides after 15 round and 16 wins needed everyone has to play both sides so it's pretty fair.
          I have always said this. Especially when Cain ran CS Servers long ago.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'll try to explain RTV the best i can..

Whenever people are getting tired of a map or want to change because the server is emptying or any other reason they can type ''rtv'' in the chat. So once a certain amount of players type the ''rtv'' in chat (dunno if it's around 80% or more or less...), a voting menu will appear with all available maps. The map with the higher % wins and switch is immediate.

Improvements compared to the ingame voting system is that you can rtv when you want, the vote will only occure when the majority of players are tired of a map. It allows to play either a rarely played map if people feel like it, or to vote for ole' Dust II if server is emptying or if they feel one side is currently too favored. So one player immediatly wanting to change a map can't call an immediate vote, he simply type ''rtv'' and once the cap has been reached the vote will happen. (people can only enter the command once per map)

That aslo allow to turn off the ingame voting system that is annoying as hell and don't really work anyway.

I hope it is clear how it's work, it's hard for me to explain simply in english XD.

Comment

That is helpful Gibz...

Can you RTV and vote-kick players or is it only for map voting??

Comment

RTV is only for map voting, but when I played CSS a lot of servers had a ''!votekick'' (not sure if that was what we had to type) command they could enter in the chat. Thats a nice thing to have when admin is not here to protect the server from bad people.

Comment

That is nice feature Gibzz. I like how it is passive.
                  The last map votes I have seen had the vote split almost even each time.

Comment

I'm getting an old buddy to work on a mirror damage script for the friendly fire issue. It's quite funny..

player a shoots player b.
                    but player b receives 0 dmg.
                    player a is just hurting himself.

it's do-able.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian is Huh?!{CLR} View Post
                      I'm getting an old buddy to work on a mirror damage script for the friendly fire issue. It's quite funny..

player a shoots player b.
                      but player b receives 0 dmg.
                      player a is just hurting himself.

it's do-able.
                      I don't think it's a good thing. If player b jump in front of player a while player a was doing is job, player a will get hurt even if he doesn't deserve it. In my opinion friendly fire should remain as it is.

Comment

The best mode is for both the shooter and the victim to both receive the same damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                          The best mode is for both the shooter and the victim to both receive the same damage.
                          Then you would have to give 1/2 de damage to the 2 players or else you will kind of double the penalty to the team for the mistake.

I still prefer autokill for spawn team damage at round start and/or the possibility to pardon the tk...

Comment

When you run a server you have to focus on managing the jerks, unfortunately, so what is most likely to make them stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                              When you run a server you have to focus on managing the jerks, unfortunately, so what is most likely to make them stop.
                              I understand that, but it need to be carefull not to penalise 120 good person to control 12 bad person.

Comment

FF Problems - I like FF ON. but if we have to turn if off to prevents jerks from team-wounding and team-killing. only until we find a good plugin to allow forgive for unintentional tk and slay the evil
                                [B]
                                Maps! - I'm happy with the maps right now.

Hostage Killing penalties - maybe give damage back if you hit the hostages, with the already money lost.

Bomb Timer tweaks - I don't know about lowering the timer. when you on CT side those 45 sec are valuable. it takes time to work around the map and taking down the remaining terrorists before you can defuse it. I guess it can go both ways with T wanting the time to go faster. plus 45 seconds ain't that long to wait if you're already dead.
                                Allow Blocking, or remove Blocking?? I get annoy by the blocking sometimes but not a lot. I been in situations where people have gotten on my way when I'm pre-firing a corner and quickly hiding. some people like to stand behind you or next to you when you do that, and I'd get pick off by an enemy sniper. it ticks me off and anyone who has that happen to them can related. I can adjust to blocking, plus its competitive and not people going through each others. Players have to know and adjust to this that blocking ain't good. Haven't seen jerks blocking so its not a major issue.
                                Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X