• Show
Clear All

Yeah, but...

Originally posted by jeffro74 View Post
    now i hate mcdonalds.ill bring the flame thrower
    Dollar double cheese!

Comment

your server...your rules

hmm ok darn sometimes i like knife fights but if you say not to then i wont

Comment

need more find and destroy!

Comment

You can knife people but do not try to get others do do so.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Listener View Post
            I don't get this whole "knife fight" thing. I went into the server last night and everyone was just blowing each other up with C-4, and not playing the game. I left after that.

I wonder how many others did the same.

There's the point

V

Comment

Originally posted by ViTO View Post
              I wonder how many others did the same.

There's the point

V
              So forget about fun and play regular for the rest of my time with COD4? or are you asking us to look for another empty server and play our C4 matches on? Did you guys forget how to have fun? It is more important than filling the server

Comment

Phantom read my post
                http://www.cainslair.org/showpost.ph...0&postcount=42

Make sure you read all of the posts in a thread before you reply to stuff

Normally its obvious who does not want to play 'your way' and when you see that, stop, there is always the next map.

Having people on the server is just as important.

Ask anyone here from BF games, once a non CLR joined we stopped messing about and played.

Why?

Because those people came to play, not to mess about. If we continued to mess about, they would have left.

We still had our fun, but made sure it was fun for other people too.

Give you an example, TDM server is low population, say it just rebooted.
                Yes, I could slaughter anyone who joins, if they were not as good as I was.
                But I don't, I let them kill me, over and over perhaps.
                Why? It allows them to enjoy themselves, and increases the chance they will stay next map.
                If I'm constantly killing them, they will leave.

Looking at a 'you where killed by' screen all the time is not fun for anyone.
                As a CLR I live happy with the fact that every death screen I see, the better chances the server will start to get filled with players.

From how to be a CLR thread
                ... Remember this, if you decide to become a CLR then you are expected to set a good, positive example by your actions and gameplay, and work to make the game fun for others. ...
                ... Since you now have a responsibility to positively support and promote our server
                Remember the score of a round is quickly forgotten, but the actions of others are remembered for a very, very long time.
                Remember you are a CLR, you are the first thing people look at when they join the server, and many will think you are an admin.
                They look to you for guidance about how our server works, and what is expected of them.

And them seeing constant "only knifing" or "only C4" stuff, usually makes them leave if they do not want to play that way.

CLRs are not regular players, they are more like ambassadors.
                You are the first people any visitor will use as an example for what the server is.

We just want to make sure that it is a positive example, so you DO have people to play with.

Empty servers are no fun for anyone.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
                  Phantom read my post
                  http://www.cainslair.org/showpost.ph...0&postcount=42

Make sure you read all of the posts in a thread before you reply to stuff

Normally its obvious who does not want to play 'your way' and when you see that, stop, there is always the next map.

Having people on the server is just as important.

Ask anyone here from BF games, once a non CLR joined we stopped messing about and played.

Why?

Because those people came to play, not to mess about. If we continued to mess about, they would have left.

We still had our fun, but made sure it was fun for other people too.

Give you an example, TDM server is low population, say it just rebooted.
                  Yes, I could slaughter anyone who joins, if they were not as good as I was.
                  But I don't, I let them kill me, over and over perhaps.
                  Why? It allows them to enjoy themselves, and increases the chance they will stay next map.
                  If I'm constantly killing them, they will leave.

Looking at a 'you where killed by' screen all the time is not fun for anyone.
                  As a CLR I live happy with the fact that every death screen I see, the better chances the server will start to get filled with players.

From how to be a CLR thread

Remember you are a CLR, you are the first thing people look at when they join the server, and many will think you are an admin.
                  They look to you for guidance about how our server works, and what is expected of them.

And them seeing constant "only knifing" or "only C4" stuff, usually makes them leave if they do not want to play that way.

CLRs are not regular players, they are more like ambassadors.
                  You are the first people any visitor will use as an example for what the server is.

We just want to make sure that it is a positive example, so you DO have people to play with.

Empty servers are no fun for anyone.
                  Post of the Day.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I have been reading this thread since the beginning and I read every update. Thanks for the effort of typing all that, but I still have my opinion of having fun is more important than filling a server.

Comment

HC (whatever) fighting

K ya know I lub ya (most the time). I also like the knife/pistol only stuff, but the C4/rpg stuff is just crazy. I knife/pistol because it helps me get better for real play.Running back and forth throwing C4 or rpg is good for nothing. Just cause YOU like to do it (and a few others) doesn't make it right to NOT make it fun for others. Ya we all have the right to our own opinion and the majority (I think) don't mind a little of it when trying to get HC filled
                      but don't like it when enough are there to play right. And as mentioned again and again its OK to do whatever if all agree and as joiners come its mentioned politely and they want to or not is up to them. Just as we where
                      doing last night was waaaay fun.(just MY opinon) lol

Comment

OK, I have now officially quit the O.N.L.Y. league. Looking forward to seeing all of you in the HC for some good ol' boring fights where I own everyone, everything, every single boring time

Comment

looking forward to seeing your head stuck in the doors too...

Ya we had a lot of fun last Night Quickster!!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X