No announcement yet.

HC Knife fighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cain can we hear a response here I wanna start a full-rpg fight but if im gonna get banned for it I can keep my mouth shut and calm down....

Comment

Pumpkin, i'm fairly sure Cain made it Clear with his first post... Replace knife with any other ___only style fight...

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      The next person I see, hear, or read about, encouraging knife fighting in the HC server will be banned....

If you want to knife, fine, but do not try to make others play that way ...
      [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}geneSW View Post
        Pumpkin, i'm fairly sure Cain made it Clear with his first post... Replace knife with any other ___only style fight...
        Actually- the problem isnt the knife only guys.
        The problem is the tantrums that occur when people dont conform to that "called" game.

So example-

8 of us start a knife only- two join after we start- we tell them to join us- they ignore us and spray p90 all over the place.

What has been happening is people casting insults, running the mouth, and simply making it an endless all caps shout- rather than ignoring them or ending the WHATERVER weapon only.

Read back carefully and you will see he says
        If you want to knife, fine, but do not try to make others play that way ...

Comment

I just wanna make sure I have this straight. It's alright to say, "Next round I'm going to try [weapon] only, would anyone care to join me?" And so long as no one antagonizes the people who don't wanna do it, it's fine? Is that correct?

Comment

I personally look at it this way..

2 guys are knifing, 1 new guy joins. One of the 2 guys says where knifing only wanna join in? For whom ever starts insulting first is at fault even if the new guy is killing with whatever weapon.

It's that fact that random people join the game and they don't wanna talk, or even communicate at all. Basically just run and gun in a practically empty server. Even the thought of pressing enter and typing Hi, or yo, or hello makes them have a nervous break down. It's also a fact that the most common word(s) ever used in first communication is either hi-hello, or WHARRGARBL you!

Doesn't it also say in the eula that you can't force a play-style or play type beyond game controlled modes on to other players in most games?

I know of sniper only servers and stuff and they are only that if theres a admin there.. but there only normally below 20 player caps or w/e, and then the server gets shut down afterwards.. I don't know if they get in-trouble or w/e, I could careless.

Heh this reminds me about the old pistols & knifes only conflict in bf2 with EA banning people for stat boosting & padding in those kind of servers.

I think this really has nothing to do with knifing only.. Its more about people insulting each other, or not even communicating at all..

It's not as problem-some in the TDM server because its always packed and the game works itself out despite the over zealous, angry players, But when theres only 2 people in the HC server and they don't respond if u say hi, or sup, or yo even thou there still playing, I find it wrong in many ways.

I could be wrong?~

Comment

blaze for those 2% people who complained, i saw 500% of people who said "this is the most fun I have ever had in CoD" I guess we should forget about the positives.

Comment

lamo

Comment

Heres an example of a angry player who doesn't understand even the simplest of politics..

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2773/moomoomj7.png

Comment

This is confusing. But honestly, if this was only about the abuse to players, there were standing rules that covered that behavior. So, I assume that there is something greater involved.

I personally find no enjoyment in running all over a mostly empty map trying to hunt 1 or 2 people, who are both most likely either camping/sniping (a good strategy in that situation), or running around the other side of the map looking for me....and normally, the other people get sick of it too.

Comment

Word has come down from our Commander and Chief, no knife only matches yet people are still looking for a loophole.

Personally I never cared for the knife only or the other only matches and left the server when they started not wanting to be the fly in the ointment and ruin everyone's fun.

I think after 10 years of running game servers Cain knows what is in the best interest of his servers and we should respect his wishes.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by BuzzSaw55 View Post
                        Word has come down from our Commander and Chief, no knife only matches yet people are still looking for a loophole.

Personally I never cared for the knife only or the other only matches and left the server when they started not wanting to be the fly in the ointment and ruin everyone's fun.

I think after 10 years of running game servers Cain knows what is in the best interest of his servers and we should respect his wishes.

Joe
                        I'm not looking for a loophole, just stating my view. The first part of what I said simply means that I don't think this has to do with people being jerks, that's already bannable (which isn't a word? lol). The last part is just my way of saying I will avoid the server if there aren't more than a dozen or so people, its just not fun for me.

In hindsight I shouldn't have bothered posting, but I can't delete it, so .... meh

Comment

What Cain is saying.

Look have your 'x only' but dont force others to play, anyone caught forcing,
                          or telling people off for slaughtering you all with an mp5 while your all playing with knifes persay, will be banned.

The server is not an ONLY server, expect other to want to play normally.
                          If that is so, and you are caught 'making your own rules' you will be banned, and have to answer to Cain and him only.

the server is hardcore team deathmatch, not hc single weapon per map match

We have no issue with X Only, just people 'forcing' it on people.
                          If someone kills you in X Only with a non Only weapon, you'll just have to live with it, they want to play the game.

DO NOT ever, ever from now on say
                          "Player, its X only"
                          in any form or shape.

that can be read as "look this server is X only, and we dont do normal"

that WILL and HAS drove people away!

If you want to have a populated server, that is expected to LIVE PAST 2 weeks, your going to have to play normally when ANY player, yes even a CLR wants to play normally.

We are not saying everyone does this, only some have been seen first hand doing it, and others we know about.
                          They know who they are, and they know to stop.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                          ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
                            What Cain is saying.

Look have your 'x only' but dont force others to play, anyone caught forcing,
                            or telling people off for slaughtering you all with an mp5 while your all playing with knifes persay, will be banned.

The server is not an ONLY server, expect other to want to play normally.
                            If that is so, and you are caught 'making your own rules' you will be banned, and have to answer to Cain and him only.

the server is hardcore team deathmatch, not hc single weapon per map match

We have no issue with X Only, just people 'forcing' it on people.
                            If someone kills you in X Only with a non Only weapon, you'll just have to live with it, they want to play the game.

DO NOT ever, ever from now on say
                            "Player, its X only"
                            in any form or shape.

that can be read as "look this server is X only, and we dont do normal"

that WILL and HAS drove people away!

If you want to have a populated server, that is expected to LIVE PAST 2 weeks, your going to have to play normally when ANY player, yes even a CLR wants to play normally.

We are not saying everyone does this, only some have been seen first hand doing it, and others we know about.
                            They know who they are, and they know to stop.
                            Well said Sirex. That pretty much explains the situation to a T.

Comment

Glad you posted, War

Originally posted by Warhead View Post
                              I'm not looking for a loophole, just stating my view. The first part of what I said simply means that I don't think this has to do with people being jerks, that's already bannable (which isn't a word? lol). The last part is just my way of saying I will avoid the server if there aren't more than a dozen or so people, its just not fun for me.

In hindsight I shouldn't have bothered posting, but I can't delete it, so .... meh
                              Doesn't look like you were looking for a loophole to me...and I agree that chasing one other guy around in circles is worth about one minute of play time. I'll meet you in the middle everytime in such cases, with the weapon of my choosing!!

Comment

Thanks Sirex, that definitely clears thing up for me.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X