No announcement yet.

jumping is lame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit Clear- I could be wrong. It may not have been Coyote....but I think it may be because the only time he has spoke has been to complain....
    Last edited by Hammy; 18 Aug 2008, 08:42 PM. Reason: I realized I dont care about this point.

Comment

So quickster, it was you who whined about me jumping? If so, ill take it as a joke. Because you always tell other people to cry more when they whine about you, so i dont think youd really whine about other people right?

Comment

Originally posted by TheQuickster View Post
        I hate to say this but thats my son

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
          +1

Comment

i always thought the jump was used by people that cant aim or something.always wondered why people did it.i dont mind shooting people in the air,to each his own.you have to admit,it looks a little strange in game,lol

Comment

i personally jump ONCE only if i meet an enemy when i was running. It takes time for me to take my gun back up, so i jump to buy time and get some distance.

If you jump repeatedly in one firefight (bunny hopping), thats not because your aiming is bad, it is totally the opposite. It is actually to take advantage of your opponent if he has inferior aiming. This is actually a common strategy for people who use shotguns both in COD and CS. and since i use SMGs, i dont do bunny hopping.

Comment

i jump only if i was running, i prefer moving when shoot.

Comment

yes, i aim down the sight 90% of the time with my mp5 while moving sideways. Jumping DURING a firefight messes up your aim really unless u use a one shot one kill weapon (not automatic)

Comment

I jump because someone scares me and I hit the jump button.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Jumping allows you to aim in a different direction than you're traveling, making you harder to hit is just an added bonus. Dropping prone every time to shoot is another great tactic as it makes your cross-section very small, although it also makes you immobile for a few seconds which doesn't work for my type of gameplay so I don't personally use it.

Comment

Bunny:d

Comment

Dolphin Diving in BF2 was a way for people to become almost untouchable. It messed up the hit boxes something fierce.

2142, Bunny hoppers found out that the hit box was REALLY messed up, and it got to be a big in the posterior.
                          So you'd see bunny hoppers dropping C4, and hopping away, and
                          blowing you into next week. Caused a lot of miffed people.

CoD4, it just makes it more of a difficult target to hit. I see some
                          people do it EVERY time they go through a doorway/entrance. I've also seen the go prone crowd, and it is a mostly unexpected tactic, so often gives them a freebee shot.

CoD4 is a much more advanced engine, the hit boxes aren't totally corrupted by hopping, so there is no "Almost Unkillable" toon that bunny hops across the map.

Annoying? It is ALWAYS annoying when someone kills me.
                          Just stand there in the open so I can get my head shot challenges
                          out of the way.
                          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I don't really care if people hop or not.

I kill em either way

Comment

Originally posted by Nitefyr View Post
                              I don't really care if people hop or not.

I kill em either way
                              I'm looking forward to hoppin' on your corpse In-game of coruse

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post
                                Dolphin Diving in BF2 was a way for people to become almost untouchable. It messed up the hit boxes something fierce.
                                What
                                about that Roll dive in BF2? I hated that more then anything in BF2. I could never figure how to do it till someone said it was animated to the person viewing the roll dive.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X