jumping is lame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jumping is lame?

played the HC server with 413 and some others.
    the way i play, i always jump once everytime i meet an enemy close to me to get a distance. Apparently this guy coyote13 who gets killed a lot by me got pissed off and started calling me a bunny everytime i killed him.
    Well, bunny hopping and jumping are different. What i did was totally just jumping, bunny hopping is where you jump each time you land on your feet.
    So, what do you guys think about jumping?

Helpful. Really helpful. If a person gets annoyed at it, they should shoot faster... and not miss... lol

Comment

I don't do it myself because I usually try and play like I would in real life and there is no way I could keep jumping and shooting, but there is nothing wrong with initial jumps or bunny hopping.
      If they'll think about it initial jumps are a defense, but bunny hopping can be a drawback because they are locked into a activity until they hit the ground to change directions which makes them an easy target
      [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
      Like the community? Donate here:
      [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

im easily pissed off when people whine about how i play or accuse me of hacking just because i do well.
        but each time i read response from you guys, i feel much calmer and kinda just forget about it.
        thanks ppl ^^

Comment

I think people used to twitch games jump often, especially when caught from the side or behind, as a way to help get back to even footing or sometimes to reload. However, in a more "realistic" sort of game like COD4, it can be viewed as annoying because you don't see real-life soldiers jumping around like Olympians every time something startles them or they see a bad guy.

I personally jump from time to time because of reason one above, can't help myself if I wanted to. I also find true hopping kind of irritating, but accept it as part of the gaming world. I only use "bunny hopper" in text or voice to goad online friends from way back.

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

LOL bro, it is kind of a reflex for me, I tried not jumping, but my thump on the space bar just moves from itself, you dont want me to jump? Don't scare me lol

And I gotta say, one time Tuck was walking right behind me, as usual walking, and I turn cuz he doesn't have dead silence. I saw nothing, I went ahead and ran, I heard something again, I turned, and there was nothing. then just when I pressed Shift, I knife in my back that made me jump off my seat, break my speakers with my mouse, and disconnect the headset from my jump backward. So reflexes are huge in my situation, I just cant stop em.

Comment

Oh besides, Proning is A LOT worst, do you want me to prone and shoot at the same time? then you just do not have a chance

Comment

Getting fragged is lame too ...
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I don't like bunny hopping, but I don't begrudge others who use it unless it's against the rules of the server. If you bunny hopped and killed me, well, I should have been a little faster.

I learned to play COD2 in a tactical realism server and it was against the rules there. You got one warning, but after that you'd get kicked if you kept it up. But that was a heavily admin'd server with lots of rules: no nade spam, no bunny hopping, no second-story jumping, had to use sights, etc.

Comment

When I played BF2 for PS2 (my first online game!), I learned that there was a thing people did... oh I can't remember the name of it now, but it was something like worming or something. It was a fast way of going prone and back up to stand and back and forth really quickly, which made you hard to lock onto, and if you practiced you could keep your aim on the person. People would use it with sniper rifles, even. I tried to do it so I could keep up with some of the players who did it, but I could never keep it up. I did start my habit of going prone when I saw someone and kill them, then get back up and run around - I do something similar now on COD4. I always go to crouch if I see someone close up. I would go prone, but I can't seem to get that button very easily. I COULD remap it to my crouch button, but that's too far for me to go, instead of just getting better with aiming and stuff.

I don't mind bunny-hoppers, campers, proners, or anything like that. The only time I get annoyed lately is when I've been on when there's a lot of people playing and I get killed in 2 seconds. I think the HC server spoiled me I love playing with less people. I don't have to worry about nade spam as much (which doesn't bother me that people do it, it's the situation of it all. I engage in it when I have to as well).

Comment

-413- Was it Dolphin Diving they called it for BF2?

Comment

Not when I heard it, it had something to do with a worm going up and down. I can't find anything that reminds me of the name when I look for BF2 board right now, so I dunno if it just got renamed, or was just called that by a few players or something. That's just what I heard it called, worm glitching or worm something or other. I've heard of dolphin diving on COD4, though. God, I wish I could remember what I'm talking about.

Comment

That's ok man, no biggie

Comment

Yeah, but I'm one of those people that will be bugged about not remembering it for the rest of eternity. I hate not being able to remember something :P

I'm gonna be 90 years old in a nursing home, going, "what WAS that thing called in BF2?"

Comment

Dolphin diving was BF2. Stand > prone > stand > prone etc.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X