No announcement yet.

Questions on weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the G3 gives a boost to ROF, its so imperceptible as to be useless. Go with stopping power or UAV jammer and equip a silencer....much better and far more lethal G3 setup. This gun is a MONSTER in Hardcore mode, but only decent in regular COD4.

G36c also benefits from Stopping Power. It has a bit of a recoil problem with double tap, so I generally find stopping power puts the G36c in approx. M16 range for damage, which given it's potential for self-bursting as well as full-auto makes it my preference.

AK-47 is ok, if you like missing. Same goes for the MP44 (in fact, doubly so).

M4 is quite a versatile weapon, and can benefit from either Double or Stopping. It's not my preference due to it's only middling power and lower ROF than other weapons, but it's a great middle-of-the-road weapon and great for people who need to learn the ropes. Whatever works for you

Comment

keep em coming

Great tips and insight guys.

How about ACOG scope? To me, it's pretty useless for sniper rifles - iron lungs and holding your breath is better - but are there any weapons it seems to do well with?

Red dot works well with any weapon......
      silencer for stealth mode works good for any weapon as well (my preference is with G3C with UAV jammer, complete silence, and bandolier)

Nomer

Comment

WEAPONS

Im a gun collector I have a SOCOM 16,M14,HK91,MP5,AR15,CARBON15,MODEL-B UZI,SAVAGE 308 cal.Bolt action,and few more,I target shoot at my gun club,With these weapons and they do very well.In COD4 the weapons in the game act pretty much like the weapons that I have.For sniping I like R-700 its good hitter and less recoil,Than the 50cal.or the 7.62x54 Russian Dragn.For Full auto I like M16 or AK47 or G3C.For belt fed RPD,or M249,used iron sights with a forward grip you will get less mussel rise,and stays on target.But try a little of everything until you find what works good for you..........THY.......moe

Comment

The only GOOD use for an ACOG scope that I have found has been on the Skorpion of all things.... I kid you not.

Comment

Everyone has a preference, and they don't always agree.
            That's what makes this game great is the variety and the ability
            to tailor your loadout to suit your style of play or abilities.

I found that iron lung wasn't needed, and took Xtra dmg or Overkill.
            I can run around with the M21 and MP5, and generally can do well
            at all ranges with deep impact. 125/150 head shots.
            49/9 this morning on BOG.

Not a superior setup since you lose Perk, but it works for me, which is
            what this game is all about.

Of COURSE I have a different setup for when I want to rush, or for
            Vacant. Totally depends on what you are good at. Since I'm not GREAT
            at anything, I try to minimize my glaring faults, and optimize what I do
            OK with. Tough chore for an old man.

If you don't care about the Golden guns, find a gun in each category
            that you feel good about. Funny, I like to play with the G36c with a
            silencer and UAV at times. It has low recoil, decent damage, OK sights.
            It doesn't do anything GREAT, but it is a jack of all trades.
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Funny enough, the m14 is my best weapon. Bandoleer, stopping power and steady aim. I used to like the G3, but the M14 drops enemies faster.

The silence P90, with bandoleer/double tap/ steady aim is the most lethal though, especially in hardcore mode.

As far as sniping goes, the m21(/bandoleer/overkill/steady aim) is the only one I'm good with. Mix that with a silenced skorpion and it makes for a fun round.

As much as I like to run in gun, the hardcore mode is muuch more fun, especially if you have a good team behind you!

Comment

No one for the shottie??

Lol i love both of em...I use grip (because who has time to raise the sight on a shot gun?) with slight of hand and last stand

If i am not using them im using the p90 w/ red tiger camo, stopping power, and again....last stand :P. It depends what map i know will be coming up next...I use the red dot most of the time but if we are playing HQ i will most likely silence it

Comment

RDP/ACOG ....

I just hit on that combo last night and I am LOVING IT !! Now Needle has me thinking about that Skorpion, but I'll worry about that later when I get tired of the RDP. My experiences with the Uzi and Skorpion are nil, as I've used both maybe twice and that was due to running out of ammo on my main gun and I needed something, so it was nothing more than a pickup.

Bran, why not ditch Sleight of Hand and go with Double Tap ?
                  Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Good call walkin...i may test it out

Comment

I love the shotties. The pump is more powerful but, the auto is faster. I think I will get the overkill perk and use them both at the same time.
                      Now if you could fire them both at the same time.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                        I love the shotties. The pump is more powerful but, the auto is faster. I think I will get the overkill perk and use them both at the same time.
                        Now if you could fire them both at the same time.
                        Apache
                        you could call that the Rambo perk!

Comment

Rambo uses M60s in both hands.

I'm still working through challenges, so I have a different class for each type. I do have the Gold M-60, so I'm using that just for kicks as my support class. I think my preferred kit at the end is going to be assault, Gold AK, 3x frag, stopping power, and either extreme conditioning or something random. The AK is my favorite assault gun for speed, accuracy, and stopping power.

But I'm a long way away from getting all the challenges for weapons, so it'll be awhile until I pick just one for most cases.

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

M4, G36C, AK-47, and Auto Shottie are the best.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X