Questions on weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on weapons

Now that I've played the game a while and have all the unlocks (weapons), not necessarily attachments, I'd like to hear people's thoughts on some of them.

Sniper rifles:
    Any advantage of R700 to Dragonov? With the accuracy and damage almost the same, it seems the Dragonov has the advantage with its faster reload.

Assault rifles:
    Is it just me or is the MP44 the worst gun of the lot?
    Is double-tap worthless with G3? I think it helps the M4 and M16 a ton, it's too fast for me for the G3C. Thoughts? I use the G3C almost exclusively rather than any other assault rifle. Am I crazy?

Anyway, thoughts appreciated.

Nomer

I really like the R700.

I think the G3 is a great gun to us with the Flux sight (the little red dot)
    and as for the MP 44 Thats my fav seems to work really in short burts.

Comment

I don't like the R700 at all. The damage is good, but the recoil is poo for if you miss. ( i know, don't miss :P) The Dragonuv has good speed, but doesn't have as good damage. I use stopping power on my sniper rifles just to make sure if i hit, i want them dead.

I like the m21 and the Barrett .50 for sniping. they've been the best for me. In fact, i think my fave of those two is the m21.

I have mixed feelings about the mp44. sometimes I really like it, sometimes I hate it. I hate not being able to attach anything to it.

I think double-tap is useless for the g3, because it's not really a gun for fast shooting. I think of it as a semi-sniper rifle. I use ACOG on it (the only gun i use ACOG on), and it works really well. Also, I use stopping power, cuz it's on the weak side. That's how I was able to finally get through all those headshots with it.

I really like the m4 the best out of the assault rifles, followed by m16 and g36c. Also a fan of the m14, but no one else seems to like it. I know i just picked like half the assault rifles, but that's my favorite class. I haven't used them in a while, because i'm doing the headshot challenges, and the first one i finished was assault. got my golden shotgun the other day, and i'm closing in on the golden sniper rifle. after that, easy movin on to the golden m60, and then comes the hard part for me. golden uzi.

Comment

To me, the MP44 Hurls..

For rushers like me, I like the M21/Dragonov because they can be used
        as a kinda sorta assault weapon, as well as decent sniper rifles.
        Since I don't usually sit back and snipe from long long range, the
        accuracy advantage of the bolt action rifles doesn't manifest. Besides, a
        head shot is a kill, no matter what sniper rifle you use.

Love the SMG's for up close to medium distances. Yes, the shotty will
        kill you 1v1 face to face, but just stay out of the tunnels.

M4 has very little recoil, awesome ROF, so so damage, but it STAYS on
        target, so more bullets hit.

I'm not a big fan of the G3, but I've seen some really uber players use
        the G3 with silencer. It makes an awefully mean gun in the right hands.
        Just not mine... lol .... You see more people with the red dot on them.
        Some people can really crank out alot of shots quickly, and makes it
        a decent assault weapon in their hands. I'm just not that twitchy, so
        any 1v1's short-medium, and I usually lost if I had the G3.
        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I like the MP44's stopping power, but don't like the sights. It's better than the G3 to me--the G3 was the worst of the rifles I've used, but I haven't used the M14 yet, which is supposed to be really bad on the recoil. The advantage of G3 is accuracy and low recoil, so it's good for distance shots.

I have only used the R700 a few times, but I don't much like the Dragunov, which I'm using now to finish the challenges. It just seems pretty weak overall. I've hit guys with it near or on the head and they didn't die.

Then again, I've also hit guys above the head and taken them out thanks to the messed up hit-boxes in the game (check your kill-cams when you're sniped by someone. Half the time they don't even "hit" you ). I prefer power with my sniper shot. One shot, one kill. Dragunovs are better if you end up in a 1v1 short distance fight though. However, I try to replace my pistol with a better weapon lying around whenever I can to help with that.

-Rand

P.S. 413, you don't like the recoil on the R700, but you like the .50? The times I've used the .50, I sort of think "why the heck am I looking at the point where the wall meets the ceiling?" after I've made the first shot. Worse recoil in the game.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I really have a tough time with the G3 and M14. I guess the single-shot assault rifles just don't fit my play style. The M16 is good; it does a lot of damage, and the 3-round burst keeps the gun on target better. The AK has good stopping power but crappy accuracy. It is pretty good as a silenced shoot somebody in the back gun. I really liked using the G36, but I haven't played with it in a while since I've been trying to get all of the other assault challenges. The M4 does too little damage for my taste; you gotta shoot too many bullets into someone to kill them.
            I suck with all sniper rifles.
            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

thanks

thanks for the replies guys. I just wanted to be sure it wasnt me

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                P.S. 413, you don't like the recoil on the R700, but you like the .50? The times I've used the .50, I sort of think "why the heck am I looking at the point where the wall meets the ceiling?" after I've made the first shot. Worse recoil in the game.
                I dunno. I guess it's because the .50 was the first sniper rifle I picked up and could shoot with. I am usually a good sniper in other games, and when I got to goin on this, I could NOT snipe for anything. So I ignored sniping for a long time. Then one time I was playing and I ran out of ammo, and there was a .50 on the ground, so I figured I"d try and snipe till I got killed and could respawn. Then I went and killed like 3 people or something, and I was like, wow, I can hit them now!

So I started using that and it was the first sniper rifle I got red tiger camo for. I was happy with it. I think because it's semi-auto, I can get more shots out than the R700. I was able to do some unscoped shots with the .50 and I've only gotten better at doing that I love unscoped headshots.

Comment

+1

I was an excellent sniper on other games but I can't snipe for crap on COD4. It'd probably be different if the maps were bigger, but as for now I'm gonna have to stick with my run-n-gun technique that I have developed. I can snipe but usually wind up with a k/d of about 10/4 or 15/8 ... something like that. I like to contribute to the team a little more than that.

Comment

Sniper is definitely the R700 or Barret for me. As for assault, well, drop those POS rifles and get an MP5.

Comment

G3 / The double tap and red dot. It is great for long range and mid range shots and very accurate. Close up shots, Well not so good as the fire rate is not fast enough and going up against a full auto weapon at that range your chances are about 50/50 with you ending up on the bad part of that 50%.

MP44 / It has a nasty recoil at full auto. It is great for close up shots as it has good stopping power and with mid range shots its not bad either but do not go full auto but rather use burst shots, It keeps the recoil down and I always found myself getting great results at mid range.

Both these of these weapons are a pill but as you use them more and more you will find there strengths and weakness and expolit them too your advantage.

As for the Dragonov, I am still working on that one.

Comment

I normally am a G3 lover (Ok I admit it... if it was made in Germany then I use it more then the other stuff) But the really tanked the G3 in this game... BF2 the G3 was a slaughter maker... it just needed more ammo. But this game with the whole single shot thing... I did better in CSS with the auto-sniper G3 no-scoping.

G36C - Haven't played with it too much because I am working on other weapons.

MP-44 - They tanked it....

Comment

The P90 is my preferred weapon due to the high rate of fire and low reload time, but all around the mp5 has proven to be the most versatile. Equip the mp5 with a couple of enhancing perks and you have yourself a very deadly weapon that even a beginner can handle. I used it from the beginning and after unlocking a few weapons along the way, I found myself reverting back to the mp5. I used the mp5 up until the p90 unlocked and have even reverted back to the mp5 since a couple of times. It is a very agile weapon, is easily handled while firing even more than short bursts, and has a good balance between accuracy and damage of most all of the other weapons. The reason I favor it so much is the fact that it is available at level one, and will carry you all the way to level 55.

If I had to pick a weapon, I'd have to say the mp5. I used it from level 1 up until level 53 or so, and didn't get the same results with other weapons I tried until I broke out the p90.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I have plenty of unlocks to go, but wow, do I like snagging a dropped weapon and going to town for just a bit !!!
                            So far, I have preferences based on maps:

I like the M4/n00b tube combo on Strike, Crash, Crossfire
                            RPD/MP5 on Backlot, Bog
                            Shotty/M60 on Overgrown and Bloc

I was hoping to unlock the G3 soon, as I would love to try that with ACOG, but after reading comments I'm not sure I will enjoy it like I thought. I hate sniping, and if given the choice after I run out of ammo of sniping using a dropped rifle or going kamikaze, I'll probably go pull a pin and look for a spawn point.
                            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Well, I use the Ak-47 with a noob tube... pretty good for blasting out snipers, and it can kill rushers in a hurry.

M16 with an ACOG or a Red Dot is a murder storm. I use both with triple nades.

R700 and the Drag never appealled to me. I use the .50 cal because its easy to find ammo and I find that for some odd reason that I can snipe on this game, which is werid. I use overkill to give me the RPD on a closer range.

and for rushing, a P90 with silencer, triple stun, juggernaut, and marty. Simply the best combo for me. The MP5 pissed me off because I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it at a distance, even with bursts. I dont know how you guys do it.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X