X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar
    Originally posted by juneau
    UT3 has been looking a little tired as of late...
    Pfft! Bye bye TF2 if you ask me. Stoopid cartoon game! :P

Yeah but TF2 gets more people... What can I say... Cartoons are more popular then Scientology.

+ been out longer
    + released at a time no other games were being released
    + not a month before Xmas

etc etc. :P

Comment

Yeah but TF2 gets more people... What can I say... Cartoons are more popular then Scientology.

+ been out longer

Not to mention that Tom Cruise and John Travolta are still locked inside Kyle's closet.

Comment

+ been out longer

Not to mention that Tom Cruise and John Travolta are still locked inside Kyle's closet.
        They like it in there...LOL
        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

+ been out longer

Comment

Now R Kelly's in the closet. He is in the closet too.

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
              Now R Kelly's in the closet. He is in the closet too.

-Rand

And he will pull out his gun...

Comment

i'd love to see something other then TDM here at the lair. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but I personally would like a change of pace every now and then.
                [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}seikoAF
                  i'd love to see something other then TDM here at the lair. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but I personally would like a change of pace every now and then.
                  What is "TDM"?
                  K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                  sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by MinervaRelefen
                    Originally posted by {CLR}seikoAF
                    What is "TDM"?
                    Team Deathmatch.

The only goal is to kill the enemy more than they kill you.

Comment

I definitely second the 'more than just TDM' idea.

TDM is ok, but after awhile it gets boring. You're just killing people... There's no point. The main reason I like other modes is it forces you to focus on taking/defending areas of the map. For example, Bloc (the map w/ a courtyard surrounded by tall buildings) is about 5x more fun on domination, because there is a cap point right at the very center - not an easy point to take or hold.

If the server CPU can take it, I personally vote for "Cain's Lair #2 - Mixed Modes" and alternate between S&D, Sabotage, Domination and Headquarters.

Comment

Originally posted by L_Mo
                        I definitely second the 'more than just TDM' idea.

TDM is ok, but after awhile it gets boring. You're just killing people... There's no point. The main reason I like other modes is it forces you to focus on taking/defending areas of the map. For example, Bloc (the map w/ a courtyard surrounded by tall buildings) is about 5x more fun on domination, because there is a cap point right at the very center - not an easy point to take or hold.

If the server CPU can take it, I personally vote for "Cain's Lair #2 - Mixed Modes" and alternate between S&D, Sabotage, Domination and Headquarters.
                        +1
                        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

I'd like to see some more modes as well, like Domination and Headquarters. However, I think Search & Destroy may be bad. When you've only got one life per map, it becomes rather frustrating for casual or new players. Constantly dying in a regular map is one thing when you respawn in a few seconds and try again, but when you've got to wait about 5-10 minutes before you can get back in, it's another. Especially if you're constantly being the first to die.

I think it'd be a change of pace, but I think it may also drive away newer players, as well as those who don't have a lot of time to play. I would really like to see Domination or Headquarters be thrown into rotation, but I think S&D wouldn't be best for everyone.

Just my personal opinion.

Comment

Since the server has been rocking I wouldn't like to see game modes changed just keep it TDM and maybe have another server with a mixed bag of game modes. My favorite gametypes are TDM and CTF in online play most of the time. The server has been having people on it almost 24/7! Great! I keep some weird hours sometimes and want to pick up a few games and people are still playing at 3-4AM! I love it..

Comment

I see what you're saying about S&D, but I don't think you should drop it altogether. It's a big change of pace, and it really breaks up the crazy action. Also, the server settings can be adjusted so it's a much better experience (no waiting around for 5-10 minutes).

Where I played, the each round had a 3 minute limit, so if you got unlucky and died at the beginning it wasn't -that- bad of a wait. Plus, you stayed on the map until one team won three times (switching sides after 2 rounds). So there were at least 3 (up to 5) rounds per map. This was actually a lot of fun, and the rounds were usually over in less than 2 minutes. One team would kill off enough of the other to plant the bomb (if on offense) or kill off the team (if on defense).

Comment

I see where you're coming from, L_Mo. Quite a few people here weren't too fond of the Project Reality mod (BF2) that had gameplay similar to S&D. There were spawn times, but they were quite lengthly, so you were forced to use a lot of teamwork and tactics to stay alive and get to your objective.

Isn't Sabotage similar to S&D with the bombs and everything, except you can still spawn back? I haven't played anything else besides TDM yet, so I may be getting it confused with something else.

Who knows? We'll see what happens, I suppose.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X