Great commanding on conquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killa_zn
    ill fight on both titan and conquest, ill never pilot a vehicle tho.
    but most of the time ill fight in titan since commanders do like, nothing.
    I only fight on titan when the shields go down. then as soon as it's under control I go back to commanding... if I haven't lost control of all the squads at that point. I still can't understand why a squad leader will refuse my orders when he's already defending or attacking a silo or go to the silo I ordered him to right after he refuses. don't get it.

Comment

Most of the time playing commander is like playing alone. I hardly ever get a response on VOIP from anyone other then a CLR. So i spend the time dropping supplies to snipers and when we take a new silo or when someone asks for it. I point out open silos, amount of defenders, things like that. I also like to find the enemy snipers and drop an EMP attack on them... just to let them know we know where they are, LOL. Most will move.

Comment

Id love to see how CarbonFire runs the commander seat.

I like commanding on Conquest, and maybe on Titan if the noobs feel like listening or doing their job.

Comment

Anyone else think that the command channel would be a lot more effective if squad leaders could chat back and fourth too?

Comment

Originally posted by MeepZero
            Anyone else think that the command channel would be a lot more effective if squad leaders could chat back and fourth too?

Absolutely,...

Squad leaders can communicate now with other squad and platoon leaders,...

One would think that by 2142 the communication would be even better!

Geddy

Comment

I thought that commanders dont get points for kills anyway. Does anyone know how the commander point system actually works?

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy

Absolutely,...

Squad leaders can communicate now with other squad and platoon leaders,...

One would think that by 2142 the communication would be even better!

Geddy
                You could get realy fancy and have a group of squad leaders in TS while everyone else is in the normal game :P

Comment

I voted no, as the majority of players are not capable of fighting and commanding effectively. There are exceptions (some of them here), but most people can't pull it off. I try not to fight in Conquest unless I'm the only one close enough to handle a situation. It is really easy to get caught up in the ebb and flow of battle and forget to get your assets out.

A Titan commander's role isn't as important, as things shift so quickly, so I'm all for fighting and commanding on Titan.
                  [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                  [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Does anyone know how the commander point system actually works?
                    BF2142 Commander Guide

The commander score is divided in two parts. The actual commander score and the commander bonus points. The commander score is what wou will need to get the awards that talk about commander score, the bonus points only count towards your career points.

Commander score follows a not so easy scheme. In general you can say your score is the average of your teams score, but this is not the precise method. For each point a member of your team gets during a round, you get that point divided trhough the number of people in your team. So as an example, if someone gets 1 point and your team has 10 people, you get 0.1 score added. So if everyone of your team gets 1 score, you get 1 score as well. At the end of the round, only the full scores you accumulated will count, all fractions are rounded down. So if you have a few people who do not score anything, they will effectively stunt your score as commander.

Bonus score is applied for good squad work. This means that if you give squads orders to attack or defend, they accept that order and then one of the squadmembers actually kills someone in the area where the command is located, you get a bonus point. These count towards your career score.

Actions such as EMP strike, UAV, orbital strike, supply drops, killing enemies yourself, capturing and defending control points/silos will not count at all towards your score in any way.

At the end of each round, the commander of the winning team gets his points doubled. The commander of the losing team will have his points stay the same.

Comment

I'm constantly watching for flanking maneuvers and people trying to sneak around, so I constantly watch the commander screen. However, I can command and fight at the same time. When you're losing, you need to fight.

Comment

I thought that commanders dont get points for kills anyway. Does anyone know how the commander point system actually works?
                        When you kill someone as a commandwer you get a commander point but it still shows up on your stat as a kill.

Comment

Thx for the commander post Kurlon

Comment

Originally posted by baller4life2468
                            Well yes bit you are supposed to just stay in one spot and command...do ur job
                            You guys dont seem to understand. I am commanding alot more than fighting. I was in one spot pretty far back from our frontline flag the ENTIRE time. I didn't die.

Comment

If you are EU commander on FoB, Gibraltar or Cerby you will have to fight and command at some point if someone sneaks past the main zerg to take the back bases. Alot of times there will be noone else there to take care of business and if u lose a back base it generally means a mark in the L column for you

Comment

Yea its almost required to win on some of the maps because everyone is on the frontline.If im a SL on those maps im usally the one that goes to help clean up and its usally already to late.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X