Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
    Originally posted by spectralshadow97
    I see ground infantry really well on this map. =/ Especially from an aerial view, but most of my infantry kills are from the ground as a footsoldier.
    At what distance? I'm talking farther than about 50 feet. Once someone is beyond that, it's very difficult to see them. When I was playing last night, I had to wait until they took shots at me to try and figure out where they were half the time, because they blend in with the surroundings too well.

Which brings me to another minor annoyance: it's far too hard to tell friendlies at a distance too. In BF2, you can tell the blue/red tags from much farther away than you can in 2142. This will probably lead to a lot more TKs in this game, especially for someone like me, who can hit things at distance with armor fairly easily--and especially once I figure out the full range of projectile drop, which is greatly enhanced over what I already consider to be a radical deviation in BF2. These would be totally avoidable tks, but for whatever reason they reduced the IFF (identification friendly or foe) distance.

-Rand

P.S. As far as deviation and drop, EA should really do their homework. An M1A2 can hit a moving target 3,000 meters away while the tank itself is also moving. Their shells don't drop into the ground 500 feet down the line if you line up and shoot straight. :P
    If you've played near the choke points at the reactor core, it's those. I think the distance is around 200 meters or so, but I've hit them from up to 600. If they are on the actual terrain, it is a bit hard to spot them.

Comment

you cant even see 500 meters because of fog- i hate the fog, they ought to get rid of it. it kind of defeats the purpose of sniping.
      either get rid of it, or allow you to see farther.

but titan mode is fun without lag, ive played on a 48 p titan server, and almost no lag. minimal on titan.

Comment

Titan mode is too buggy. Ask again in a years time after dozens of patches.
        Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

If you they made an option to disable titan movement, I think Titan mode would be better. I love Titan mode, but having all the lag from both Titans moving makes it unplayable at times.

I personally enjoy both modes, but, because of the trouble the moving titans cause, I'd have to go with Conquest for now.

Comment

Conquest
            55%

Titan
            44%

THE POLLS LIE

Comment

Originally posted by PandaGod
              Conquest
              55%

Titan
              44%

THE POLLS LIE
              LoL, I think people are voting for Titan based on game play as I would have too if there was no lag. I voted for Conquest because It's just got to many bugs/lag. If they fix the Titans so they can't be moved, I would have voted different.

As for the Distance thing, that doesn't bother me at all. I actually like it becuase it ads a new challange/ depth to the game. I mean your not going to be able to see people cloaked very well either and you shouldn't. Thats the point. One thing I always hated about games of this nature was the fact that I could see enemies too easy and vice versa. So you'll have to think twice before launching a tank shell into a crowd now. Just my opinnion, but thats How I think it should be.

Comment

Titan mode...

I prefer objectives over flags/tickets gameplay plus it's nice knowing all those deaths defending the silos pays off somehow...

Comment

i lag in either... so it doesnt really matter to me...

Comment

Originally posted by KurlonT
                    Titan mode...

I prefer objectives over flags/tickets gameplay plus it's nice knowing all those deaths defending the silos pays off somehow...
                    i agree but i prefer playability over lag too... lol i hope they fix it because the titian mode is fun

Comment

Titan mode seemed fine when I tried out some of the 48p/32p servers.
                      That cap of 48 for Titan mode seems like the right player count in terms of server lag but hard to tell sometimes due to any frame lag especially around the Reactor Core when the room gets heavy fighting.

Comment

Go titan mode. What they need to do is make the titans not moveable and give the commander artillery. Commander is kinda useless with just an emp strike, playing as commander i just flew around and could do uav and such while giving a mobile spawn point.

Comment

I agree with the artillary. I'm not sure why they wouldn't include that in Titan mode.

Comment

What they need to do is make the titans not moveable and give the commander artillery.
                            i fussed about this bad in the beta... dice never replied to any of my complaints of this.

Comment

vote for conquest here

Comment

i think they got rid of arty in titan mode so cmders wouldnt bombard enemy titan constantly.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X