How many snipers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many snipers??

How many Recons per team should I allow?

3 per team would be right past 20%. 4 would be 25%.

Do you need 1/4 of your team snipers is the question.

I think 3 would be enough. Cause on the bigger maps it makes for tough squad play if they are perched on one of the moutains, or out in the desert behind a dune and that's where you have to spawn. Either that or back in the uncap if you dont have any bases capped.

But that's just me.

Oh, and sorry for the rant the other day. You know how I am.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
      3 per team would be right past 20%. 4 would be 25%.

Do you need 1/4 of your team snipers is the question.

I think 3 would be enough. Cause on the bigger maps it makes for tough squad play if they are perched on one of the moutains, or out in the desert behind a dune and that's where you have to spawn. Either that or back in the uncap if you dont have any bases capped.

But that's just me.

Oh, and sorry for the rant the other day. You know how I am.
      3!!! since we have those new maps in...where snipers horde the mountains.

i would do 4 if its was a medium scale map.. but since we have those huge maps..were it takes about 5mins to run across the map without getting shot.

Comment

Considering the general outcry against snipers I would say the fewer the better. Three per side seems cool. If you see a general rise in the amount of time that players stay logged in then you might add something to the server name along the lines of "Cains Lair - Limited Recon".

Comment

Flip of the coin to start - heads = 3, tails = 4 ? Personally, I'd love to see 3, but even 4 is a great setting.

Agreed with JohnyRico on the disclaimer in the server name, or on the loading screen.

Comment

Yea, I forgot about the name. You will lose the sniper players. But what you will gain in others will more than make up for it. It will take time for the word to get out.

But if you change it. They will come. You will also attract better quality players. The servers Moose was talking about earlier have very good players on em. The good players seem to dislike snipers like the rest of us.

Thats my observation.

One other item is the drop down list that says BC2:Vietnam, probably needs to be changed to just BC2. Kind of confusing to new folks lookin around.
            [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

1 per squad perhaps...or 4 of 15
              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

INFINITE this is dumb and upsets me. Even when im not sniping recons are not the most annoying thing RPG as a anti personel is the worst

Comment

I'd take it to one or two, but it looks like 3 is a good sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
                    INFINITE this is dumb and upsets me. Even when im not sniping recons are not the most annoying thing RPG as a anti personel is the worst
                    Not even close. You can actually run from RPGs. And when you don't see them coming it's not much different than being sniped.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
                      Concur with BadHabitz not even close. The ratio of RPG kills on infantry vs. Snipers kills is way out there. Plus the likelyhood of being shot with an RPG across the map is virtually nil. Not so much with a sniper.

But RPG's do root out snipers in bldgs. Gotta love em.

You misunderstand Jack. They are not eliminated. Just limited. Big difference.

Comment

Earth just got sadder

Comment

Plus, players don't hide in one spot on the map for a whole round scoping with RPGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian is Huh?!{CLR} View Post
                            3!!! since we have those new maps in...where snipers horde the mountains.

i would do 4 if its was a medium scale map.. but since we have those huge maps..were it takes about 5mins to run across the map without getting shot.
                            How about we limit the number of engineers so Brian isnt constatly shoveling rockets and grenades down my throat every time I turn a corner

In all seriousness I agree. Three snipers per team sounds like a good number to me.
                            We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

As I am done with all my snipers, make it 0 for all I care! lol

My vote is for 3. One is too many but since you can't delete them I'll take the lowest possible number agreed upon.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X