Base camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
    I noticed almost no base camping tonight and the teams were matched to where there were several rounds that had single digit tickets for each team.
    Just about to say this! The teams always seemed so well balanced it wasn't possible for any base camping to happen.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
    - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      Hey Legion, welcome to Cain's Lair.

Thank you for joining and posting.
      Ditto.

Good to see you in the Lair, Legion. I've seen you in the server plenty of times. You don't seem to have connection issues when you play, you do well.

Comment

Yep some great battles last night.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
          Hey Legion, welcome to Cain's Lair.

Thank you for joining and posting.

I'm working on toning down the base raping and it will be better tonight.
          +2 Welcome!
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

what about this concept idea: (don't see it happening, but would be interesting if it could be tested out)

Someway for the game to detect spawn raping, maybe based on all cap points being held for X amount of time or X amount of tix.

then it will teleport everyone on the winning team back to their starting spawn or the CP nearest the lost CP, give the losing team the closest CP to their spawn and let them have @least a chance to get back in the game and put up some sort of fight again...

It may seem really corny to get tele'd back to spawn and losing a CP, but if u have an enemy team stuck in their spawn, 99% of the time, the winning team will just take back the CP and win anyways. Winning team also has something to do instead of either being the lamers who keep spawn raping, or jumping around on rooftops and talking in TS3 cuz there is no need for you to play during the lameness.

Comment

Welcome Legion..

There are some aggressive snipers/recon *Apache* for one.
              Just not very common.

Base camping has been debated on every game that we have hosted. On one map, when we had pushed them all the way back into their base, I just stayed back and rezzed people who were whacked by snipers.
              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Greetings Legion!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X