Base camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base camping

When you are on one team that is raping the other team, let's ease up on base camping. Convince your team to back off, (and encourage your team to fight its way out of their base, losing teams seem to resort to defense which makes the situation worse.)

Base camping will result in folks on the team being raped quitting and can quickly empty us out, like it did last night.

It should be a kick-able rule. 3 kills of people in spawn, or a tank shooting directly into the spawn, should be an automatic kick. Haven't anyone taught these jerks to not kick people when they are down?

Comment

Happened a few times last night. A couple of CLRs and I asked folks to back off, let them out...and then we switched to pistols, tnt, and driving around in golf carts when that didn't work. Finally, I had to switch teams: as much as I love being in a CLR squad, especially with Furry in it, I have to leave on rare occasions when the rest of our team is working in unison as well. How tragic that on those rare occasions when one gets on a dream team, they have to leave.

Comment

Unfortunately these folks have no honor, and seem to enjoy kicking people when they are down, and almost unconscious!!

In Conquest you are going to routinely kill people near spawn points, as you try to capture those areas. The problem comes in when people are being killed in their own uncappable base, they have no where else to go, and that is frustrating.

I'm going to focus on this a little bit more this week, let's see how it goes.

Comment

Comment

There are so many ways to fix this... if only they were implemented into the game ...

If one team is spawn raping... then it's obvious they are winning the map and have all the cap points on lock.

Even if they were to back off, it would just be 10 seconds of running before getting killed.

Here are a couple ideas that I feel would work, if they existed.

A vote concede option... end the misery

no point in dying 5 extra times... or what i do is not spawn to avoid the aggertvation of insta-death..

The main fix to this....

@ the end of a map.... a nice team shuffle....
            Game combines all the scores from last map for each player starting the new map.

Team A for new map:
            1st place score from last map
            4th
            6th
            8th

Team B for new map:
            2nd place score from last map
            3rd place
            5th
            7th

etc.

I know that's not TeamSpeak friendly if you gotta minimize for a team swap, but it would @least balance the power....

Most of the time during a rapefest, one team has like 6 people or more with the highest scores over and over... so they would be sent against each other....

Another plus to this is, getting better practice and challenges @ the game.... if you just push people into the spawn map after map, you're not doing anyone any favors....you'll empty the server....

ISO: BALANCE

Comment

Cut snipers out of the game completely...

Seems much of the problem isn't that one team is that much better, its that one team has many playing classes that are useless to the cause.

Amazing how at the very beginning of a game I can run over a hill and hear 5 sniper rounds go past me. If they hit me then good for them, but if not then I get behind a rock, and take the flag. No worries about them actually trying to come and stop me. I just gotta take out the one or two guys that run up and I am good.

And if there were to be a team shuffle, it would have to be random. Basing it on points is dangerous. The guy that lead the losing team with 24-1 score is not doing much useful point capturing. I am not really big on shuffles though, a good squad is something that makes the game fun...even when you are getting raped.

But yes, base camping is bad and should stop.
              Motivate

Comment

I would love to restrict Snipers, but then we would not be a ranked server.

Comment

Yeah Recon class gets a bad rep for KDR whores instead of going for the team win. Although I'm playing Recon class a lot recently I'm usually up in the front with an M1.

One question.....What happens if we're an unranked server? Are there popular unranked servers out there?

Comment

I still cap objectives and snipe.

Comment

Unranked=bad. Those same KDR whores who make things less fun for the hardcore CLR teamwork bunch won't play on an unranked server--not will others who may be looking for something else aside from just shear kill ratio.

Better to keep encouraging your teammies not to spawn kill the base, and to take the flags of the other team when half of them are sniping away for their own personal gratification. The team win in response is worth it.

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

A little off topic, and I know a few bad apples are spoiling the barrel. Not all snipers are kdr whores, some of us actually do what we are designed to do, that being *gasp* recon. Yes, im supposed to stay back and call out targets as they come in while my squad caps the flag. Maybe drop a few mortar rounds on an incoming rush. Personally I love the sniper class, and my connection/computer being what it is, its about all I can play, up close action means im still running around five minutes later after being killed, lots of fun. Which is really a pain as Assualt is my favorite. But yes, the non stop base rapes are getting really old and for someone like me that has a 4 or 5 second dealy after spawning, nothing quite as fun as spawn dieing.

Comment

Hey Legion, welcome to Cain's Lair.

Thank you for joining and posting.

I'm working on toning down the base raping and it will be better tonight.

Comment

Legion. And you are correct about playing sniper class.
                            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I noticed almost no base camping tonight and the teams were matched to where there were several rounds that had single digit tickets for each team.
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X