No announcement yet.

Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Rand. I prefer HC but it does need a few tweaks. Namely your left mouse button being asigned to "Medic!" when you get taken out.

In fact i wouldn't mind the commo rose being brought in from BF2/2142 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      I agree.... Maybe we can try vanilla again...
      o god no

as for the voip... i usually just team up with friends and use steam voip it works great or teamspeak.

but yes i do realize that not everybody does this.

Hardcore is the only way to fly for me. I agree with Kphantom on this one.

Comment

I'm in the middle on this one and I will happily play either mode. I did notice last night that I was awarded spot assist points so there is benefit even without the mini map and 3d indications.

Lets just hope the fix the VOIP issue because it takes away form both modes.
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by FearFactory View Post
          Thank the BFBC2 gods!!

Comment

I have to agree with Rand too.
            They have to fix the VOIP quickly or it is going to hurt the game's viability.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              Are you into empty servers? For the first week of vanilla the only people who played in the server were CLRs. I was playing to be with CLRs, I usually play HC - Yeah, all I care about is kills. I do not play objective wise (In full servers, mind you. Teammates will do most of the work)

As usual, it's your decision to choose what is best for upkeeping the server.
              There are many variables at play here, but I'll test them out and narrow them down and ultimately pick the modes and maps that are the most fun and attract the most folks.

You are not aware of this but we have moved our server to three different locations, and Dallas has been our busiest location yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                I agree 1000 percent... for every reason you stated. Playing HC is like playing by myself against bots there is very little to no communication, no spotting enemies, no ability to find injured folks, the guns in the chopper are almost useless, etc. etc...

The really good players like HC because they are just into killing folks and seem to be less worried about the teamplay aspects, IMO. The only complaint I hear about vanilla is "It is hard to kill people".
                That basically sums it up for me, in vanilla it seems like it takes 5-10 rounds to take someone down. I like that aspect of hardcore, but it seems like snipers galore .
                Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

IMO, HC seems like I die a LOT more. There are times when I just die over and over. That is not fun.

I think player health is too low on HC, but too high on vanilla. I wish it were somewhere in the middle. I also hate not having the minimap in HC. I don't mind the lack of crosshairs, since you can aim down the sights, or not showing how much ammo you have.

To me the optimum would be HC with a little more health and the minimap...
                  [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

The only priority I have is too get more people on the server. Whatever that requires, I support & enjoy it.

For the sake of discussion, I agree with nearly all the comments already made. It seems like the ammo location icons go away in HC? Tough for a sub-MG with 4 clips. I'm glad I was able to learn by playing vanilla; now I know when a vehicle is fully repaired just by the whine of the tool. In vanilla, squad teamwork is aided by the ability to designate a shared target, but in HC an enemy can be quickly killed by one soldier. In HC, I think pointing at a defensive sniper position would still be difficult even with VOIP. When attacking in HC, I've had better luck infiltrating as an individual and enabling the squad to respawn deep.

Comment

VOIP sounds like garbage most of the time, i agree.

Snipers can kill you with one shot in Vanilla as well. But at least in HC, I can actually KILL someone. As a medic, I have no tbl seeing the lightning bolts denoting downed teammates.
                      Just have to look around.
                      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                        IMO, HC seems like I die a LOT more. There are times when I just die over and over. That is not fun.

I think player health is too low on HC, but too high on vanilla. I wish it were somewhere in the middle. I also hate not having the minimap in HC. I don't mind the lack of crosshairs, since you can aim down the sights, or not showing how much ammo you have.

To me the optimum would be HC with a little more health and the minimap...
                        Agreed ... I'm ticked off that EA brought the COD4/MW element into the BF Series. BF2 and 2142 were just fine with one mode, and frankly it felt like it was between HC and vanilla but with all the teamplay aspects like the minimap included.

In HC the snipers absolutely Rape the other players and no teammate can spot the sucker for you to kill.

Comment

now if they could just a make is so you could have hardcore health but with minimap and spotting... that would be awesome.

this is why i love valve so much... they give the USER complete control over how you mod the game to your likeing.

EA are a bunch of meanies about that .

Comment

Exactly Jeffro !! And that was what we had with BF2 and 2142.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                              now if they could just a make is so you could have hardcore health but with minimap and spotting... that would be awesome.

this is why i love valve so much... they give the USER complete control over how you mod the game to your likeing.

EA are a bunch of meanies about that .
                              I am 100% in agreement with this post. Though, I'd also be okay with health about half-way between HC and normal.

The mounted guns/chopper guns don't really need a crosshair added. They just need to be fixed so that the iron sights on them actually line up with where the guns are shooting.

A HUD in the chopper would be nice, too... or at least a working instrument panel.

Also all those things about VOIP. It *must* be fixed.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X