No announcement yet.

Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting spanked by the pork team (baconoclock and pigworthy)... somebody... please come help me!
    [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
    <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

6/32

Comment

3/32

Edit!

Comment

1/32, and I'm lonely in here

Comment

on my way in a minute

Comment

grrr steam is down

Comment

Gotta say, I *extremely* dislike hardcore. Especially with VOIP that doesn't work. There's just no teamplay, and it's nearly impossible to communicate at all. It just wasn't fun for me. This probably means I'll spend most of my play time on other servers. As much as I love playing with all of ya here, it just doesn't feel like battlefield at all without the communication.

Comment

Originally posted by SighKoPath View Post
                  Gotta say, I *extremely* dislike hardcore. Especially with VOIP that doesn't work. There's just no teamplay, and it's nearly impossible to communicate at all. It just wasn't fun for me. This probably means I'll spend most of my play time on other servers. As much as I love playing with all of ya here, it just doesn't feel like battlefield at all without the communication.
                  I'm with you, I hate hardcore. I've played a little on the server the last two days and I'm really trying to like it, but after 20 or 30min. I have to quit and play something else to let the rage out.

Comment

Originally posted by SighKoPath View Post
                    I agree 1000 percent... for every reason you stated. Playing HC is like playing by myself against bots there is very little to no communication, no spotting enemies, no ability to find injured folks, the guns in the chopper are almost useless, etc. etc...

The really good players like HC because they are just into killing folks and seem to be less worried about the teamplay aspects, IMO. The only complaint I hear about vanilla is "It is hard to kill people".

Comment

Originally posted by Executioner View Post
                      I'm with you, I hate hardcore. I've played a little on the server the last two days and I'm really trying to like it, but after 20 or 30min. I have to quit and play something else to let the rage out.
                      I agree.... Maybe we can try vanilla again...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                        The really good players like HC because they are just into killing folks and seem to be less worried about the teamplay aspects, IMO. The only complaint I hear about vanilla is "It is hard to kill people".
                        In my opinion, it's not the good players that like HC, it's the bad ones. In other words, the ones that ONLY care about killing people and don't care about teamwork.

I say switch it back to regular and see if you can mix it up with a few conquest maps (Atacama or Panama Canal anyone?)

Comment

Comment

Thank the BFBC2 gods!!

Comment

Are you into empty servers? For the first week of vanilla the only people who played in the server were CLRs. I was playing to be with CLRs, I usually play HC - Yeah, all I care about is kills. I do not play objective wise (In full servers, mind you. Teammates will do most of the work)

As usual, it's your decision to choose what is best for upkeeping the server.

Comment

I like teamplay too, and when I've played the past couple of days we had teamwork even on HC with our squads. The problem is a global one: broken VOIP. This is the same on Vanilla as it is on HC, and it is the single biggest problem with the game. And to address some other comments here, you can't find many more people who care about the team and the objectives than me.

The key issue with Vanilla is also a valid one--it IS too hard to kill anyone in Vanilla. Too many people run through an entire clip to knife me, as just one example. That shouldn't happen.

Vanilla does NOT make for a better teamwork environment, in my opinion, because the lack of VOIP is the true teamwork killer. The only benefit is the minimap that lets medics see where dead guys are so they can be revived. That helps with teamwork, but that certainly doesn't do everything, and completely solve the problem.

What they need is a few tweaks to HC--starting with crosshairs on the mounted weapons, and maybe a beacon or shouts from anyone who dies so you can find them to zap them back to life in lieu of the minimap. Or sticking with Vanilla, they really, really need to rebalance health vs. weapon stopping power.

Neither version is all that ideal with this game. Both would be light years better with VOIP.

-Rand
                                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X