Favorite Game Modes and Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MTJ=DK= View Post
    I'm playing on some Europe servers and i have a ping on 160-180... and the servers say 47-65... but I'll still kick ass
    Ping these two IPs please...

Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      I'd think:
      Rush
      HC
      FF
      KillCam Off
      all that other stuff ON
      Oh man, you're making me quiver with anticipation
      [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
      Like the community? Donate here:
      [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
        A lot of experienced CLRs like HC. I'll enjoy playing anything, but I usually avoid HC because I feel isolated. HC servers often have a setup similar to this:
        • No Killcam
        • Friendly Fire ON
        • No Aiming Reticule unless weapon is sighted
        • Higher Bullet Damage
        • No Minimap
        • No HUD whatsoever
        • No Spotting Indicators
        • also, I think I retained damaged health until healed (possible?)

Given that VOIP doesn't work, how do HC players communicate enemy locations on an HC server (even within your own squad)? Does the squad just stay close together and react to fire?
        I'm agree with Qicmee. I like spotting and I like having a cross hair. Even though I do ok without and always use the sights I'd prefer having one. I'm good with everything else.

Rush seems to be the most popular right now

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
          I'm agree with Qicmee. I like spotting and I like having a cross hair. Even though I do ok without and always use the sights I'd prefer having one. I'm good with everything else.

Rush seems to be the most popular right now

can we have crosshairs while still having lower health?

Comment

Your right you dont get your health back after u lose it unless u get healed.

A quick note too....
            BC2 is a rediculous game to be an admin in. Any slight changes you make like crosshairs or game type can only take affect if the server is rebooted or map is changed ingame. There are also significant differences in the servers that you buy. I got a $40 dollar server and it was super laggy and buggy. So i decided to go with a $60 server (monthly) host and it runs amazingly.

The admin tool is like rcon but it is always being updated with patches so you will have to stay uptodate with that. It is cool though u can have comments that pop up in game like "please keep teams even" or you can type stop tking or you will be kicked which pops up in the center of your screen in large letters so it is not hard to miss.

Just some thoughts to consider. It is well worth it though and is the only other game i have come across that i can see competition with cod4 in my opinion.

Comment

Qicme is right...

Apparently when you go HC all that other fun stuff goes away.... and the game becomes LESS team oriented, especially with VOIP not working right.

Not sure faster dying is worth losing all that other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                Qicme is right...

Apparently when you go HC all that other fun stuff goes away.... and the game becomes LESS team oriented, especially with VOIP not working right.

Not sure faster dying is worth losing all that other stuff.
                Now I think I've played a lot in this game and all gametypes. Rush alone is great. Conquest is a bit iffy, too much camping- and not the tactical kind. Rush HC however is much slower pace. I only play HC Rush because I know the skill level is below what it usually is on non-HC. Hey, I like easy targets. Vehicles are a lot more useful in HC. All in all, I see more people playing HC (server wise) than all the other empty softcore servers.

But to be with you guys, I'll play anything (OK, anything but squadTDM and squadRush)

Comment

Comment

HC is the only way to go in this type of gameplay.HC servers are always full.

The winter maps are tougher and a little more linear. Kind of narrow gameplay. I've played without communication from the start so it helps but not a must.All the other maps are big and you have enough room to maneuver. After a bit you can get the feel of the game and see what others are doing without saying too much.

Rush is by far the best along with Conquest. The squad team matches are a waste of time. Not much to accomplish.

Minimap needs to be on so you can spawn on your team mates but only show the enemy when they shoot for a second.

The server I play on has damage retained unless healed. Good idea. There are pros and cons for the length of spawn time. I see the point of waiting for a while before you respawn. You would never gain any ground if everyone got right back in it. Plus you can make up for that with a medic around.

Reticles are for people who cant shoot. I dont like em. but thats just me. HUD's are not really necessary. Good soldiers count their shots.
                    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

After playing both I prefer Vanilla over HC, for every reason Qicmee listed.

I thought you could enable HC and still have some of that other stuff, but apparently that cannot be done on a Ranked server.

Comment

"Hardcore overides all other options to put the game into hardcore mode."

Comment

Cain a lot of sever are now playing mixed maps conquest and Rush it may be worth considering for a later date.

Comment

Personally, I prefer Rush, although I wouldn't mind Conquest. I prefer non-HC, but if you do decide on HC it will not prevent me from playing on the server.
                            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

The only downfall to hc to me is no spotting.....
                              Other than that hc is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
                                The only downfall to hc to me is no spotting.....
                                Other than that hc is amazing.
                                I agree. I played on an HC last night... it was very enjoyable but not so much to sacrifice mini-map, HUD, and especially crosshair/spotting.

I'm still way no0B with this game though.
                                [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                                <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X