Battlefield BC2 BETA Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
    Alright guys im in a bit of a pit can a 8500gt run, i aint looking for high settings just being able to run smoothly.
    I have an 8800GTS, it runs fine with video set at medium.
    A change of Pace.
    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
      Yeah, you're probably right about the movement vs. camping intent Kurlon.

But the problem with that is that splash damage is almost completely missing from armor shots. There's only so many times you can drop a shell three feet from a guy and watch him wander away to hit you with his RPG before you're overwhelmed by him and his buddies.

I was tagged a few times yesterday, and it's definitely more effective than non-tracer shots, but it still isn't enough even with multiple shooters to bring down a good tanker. It would be plenty good enough for the average player though, or if the tanker got particularly aggressive and moved too close to manuver.

The one and only reliable way to take down a tank every time is with a direct mortar shot kill, and maybe if there is a hellfire upgrade for the Apache that could work also, but nobody has one yet that I've seen.

So you naysayers for tracers? You're wrong, sorry. They are incredibly useful for most situations.

I wonder if I should post something in the beta forums about armor being too good (mortars too). I had about 8 engineers gunning for me at one point yesterday and they couldn't bring down the tank. Though at one point I had Lairs-ian level of teamwork with engies fixing me up after passing the first stage, and that helps a great deal.

-Rand
      If you do want to post something. Post it at http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...any-2-pc-beta/ I seen DICE developers post a responds a few times so they are reading. The dont reply over the american forums. Just note that you may get call "whining, crying" from fanboys who cant accept that there are issues with the game.

Comment

All I can say is wow lol. This guys was determine to kill the pilot... I tryied it before but I just can't and gave up. I even aimed ahead flight of path, aim higher and several others methods.

Anyway I like how he had a dead aim shot and the heli just drops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBKIv0JHhKc

Comment

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ug-status.html

Here we list some of the bugs which have been reported in the Closed Beta, with confirmed info from programmer, Mikael Kalms.

How is DICE working on the game?
          Fixes are made directly in the retail game. Then, depending on how much time and effort it takes, we also lift the fixes into the Closed Beta. When we have a new good build of the Closed Beta, we will release a new client.

The focus for most of the team right now is stability, not game balancing. Therefore the list below contains mainly reported stability issues.

Flashing water and terrain on Crossfire
          *Fixed in retail game.

Particle shadows disabled on SLI + DirectX9
          *They used to cause a huge performance drop. Fixed in retail game.

DirectX9 crashes
          *We have improved stability some in the retail game, particularly when "losing" the graphics device due to alt-tab
          WinXP 32 / WinXP 64 compatibility
          *We have done a few crash fixes, although we have no data specifically on XP64 yet.

Updater fails downloading patch and gives a nonsensical error message about "unable to download patch, check your internet connection"
          *Fixed in the retail game. The problem is both in the game's installer and in the updater.
          *Closed Beta workaround: launch the Updater as Administrator.

Some or all of WASD keys stop working
          *If you have a joystick connected, and it is not perfectly calibrated, then it will signal tiny movements in some direction. These tiny movements overrule the WASD keys. We are aware of the problem.
          *Closed Beta workaround: Disconnect your joystick

Crash during level load on ATI x1900 cards
          *The game requires driver version 9.12 or later to function. 9.11 crashes hard inside the driver. Unfortunately there are no new enough drivers available for the X1900 cards.
          *Closed Beta workaround: Rename BFBC2Game.exe to BF2.exe, and launch BF2.exe directly.

Sometimes you keep moving even after you have released a key
          *Noted. We have reproduced it at the DICE office too.
          *As a side note: this never happened to a single developer during the past 6 months' worth of testing. Strange.

"Connection to server has been lost"
          *This one is tricky. We have no solution yet.

Some sounds are played in the wrong speaker
          *Audio team are investigating.

Crackups in sound
          *No data yet.

Weapon balancing and tuning
          *When we created the first Closed Beta, we picked the most stable build we had. (Well, you have all seen how well that build fared when it faced the real world...) We had to choose either stability or new content -- and stability won. Due to this, all content in the Closed Beta was some weeks old already at launch.
          *Weapon balancing is on-going in the retail game, and we are following what's happening on the forums.

HBAO is very GPU hungry, resulting in low framerates on high-end machines
          *We are working on faster versions of the filter.
          *Closed Beta workaround: disable HBAO. Looks less pretty, runs better.

The game has high framerate on a machine, yet the input is very laggy
          *We have a fix in the works.

The game accepted my serial key, but then failed logging in to EA Online
          *Are you having any exotic characters in your password? One person who had the character ?}? in his password had that very problem.
          *Closed Beta workaround: Change your password (using EA Video Games - Electronic Arts) to a password that only contains the characters A-Z, a-z, 0-9. Then try logging in in the game again.

So, that is where we are at now.

We will try to keep this list updated every few days. Thanks for your feedback, everyone!

-kalms

Comments are closed on this thread as we will keep this post updated. Please feel free to post comments in the usual way with your thoughts/feedback on these fixes and responses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Last edited by Bazajaytee; 01-02-2010 at 05:25 PM..

Comment

Based on what you guys have said here and my tiny bit of experience with the PS3 beta, I'll be skipping this one. Thanks for the info!
            [hlx]

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Tighlon View Post
              Based on what you guys have said here and my tiny bit of experience with the PS3 beta, I'll be skipping this one. Thanks for the info!
              Seconded. Game is too cluttered and vehicle dominated. Not to mention snipers aren't one shot kill.

Comment

I played on a 1/2 full server last night and had a really fun round. because of the low player count the map was much less chaotic and quite enjoyable. I think with some bigger maps and some balancing this game could be fun.

The lack of in game VOIP is still a deal breaker for me so I hope they get on it before the beta is over.
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

The half-full comment from Duke is telling: I've now played a large number of half full servers or down to about 10 guys at points. Far, FAR too many points for what is supposed to be a popular Beta product.

I have a very strong feeling the sales for this game for the PC are going to be very low. If they can't keep most servers full more or less non-stop within the first week of the beta release, that suggests problems.

Phantom--Vehicle dominated? Not at all. Far fewer vehicles here than in BF2. Granted, the T-90 is a heck of a lot harder to kill in the right hands, but by and large the vehicle count is lower than it should be for a Battlefield game, and unbalanced per side to boot on this map.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I canceled my pre-order will be waiting on wrather or not this sounds good month or so after launch

Comment

I really like the game! I'm sure they will fix the voip issue before release. A new map would be neat too!

I had a blast last night when I played. I got a head shot on a guy that was just getting ready to take off in the Apache chopper, jumped in and stole it then killed 3 tanks! It's gonna be a fun game...

Comment

Originally posted by Jed_Clampet View Post
                        I really like the game! I'm sure they will fix the voip issue before release. A new map would be neat too!

I had a blast last night when I played. I got a head shot on a guy that was just getting ready to take off in the Apache chopper, jumped in and stole it then killed 3 tanks! It's gonna be a fun game...
                        whew, finally someone else like the game. I was beginning to think I'm the only one to like this game after reading everyone else canceled their pre-order.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                          whew, finally someone else like the game. I was beginning to think I'm the only one to like this game after reading everyone else canceled their pre-order.

Nope, I have mine pre-ordered at GameStop. Their Game Informer magazine review gave it a 9.5. I guess they got hold of a pre-release version. They were talking about how BC2 was going to take top spot back from Infinity Ward!

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                            So far i also like the game and will not cancel the pre-order

Comment

I'm not cancel in my pre order from steam I like the game apart from not been able to prone

Comment

prone + bigger squads + even bigger servers are on my wishlist...
                                Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X