Battlefield BC2 BETA Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
    See Jenan, that's the problem. Those of us who have been playing Battlefield since the 1942 game WANT and expect it to be closer to BF2 than to the consolized Bad Company. It's just not a "Battlefield" game without certain aspects to it, many of which are currently not in the beta.
    Yeah same here. So far it's an okay game based on the beta but it's not what I was expecting to pay for.

Comment

Alright played a couple rounds earlier and gotta say its buggy, although its reminding me of the COD:WAW beta with the bugs, they ended up having most of them smothed out by the week after release but they defenitaly have to put some more time into this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
        Ok, lots not to like:

I haven't figured out how to keep the scope up when sniping. Makes it almost impossible to tell where your shots go. Any help? Anyone?

snip*

-Rand
        Rand have you figured out how to keep the scope up? If you hold your left mouse when you fire, you can see where ur shot went.

I made a quick video.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TZoGlF1tmQ
        Last edited by Caddys83; 31 Jan 2010, 12:05 AM. Reason: uploaded a different clip.

Comment

I thought for sure I had tried that, but I can try again next time I'm in. Thanks.

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Thanks, Caddys83. I'll try that later. I'm not much of a sniper, but the way it was working would have made me quite forever in this series.
            A change of Pace.
            "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

ok i have a question.... what kinda graphics cards are you guys running right now? i have a 8800gt.... can i play it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                ok i have a question.... what kinda graphics cards are you guys running right now? i have a 8800gt.... can i play it?
                Yes. The engine performance is quite good.

Comment

I was curious what you guys would think. Quite negative overall, which is disappointing...

I personally find a lot to love in this over TF2 and MW2. My first entry into the BF series was 2142, so I suppose I'm more forgiving when the franchise trends away from their heritage. While I share some of your concerns, I must admit I'm really not having any of the technical problems... My scope works fine, I did pretty OK in the helos, mowing down trees in the tanks is great...

Anyway, here's a short list of my favorite things:

1) You have to think a bit... The environment is tough, and so it takes some getting used to. It's less of a run-and-gun than MW2, but there's a sense of accomplishment in developing the skills to be successful.

2) I like rush/this map. I like the large maps in 2142, but I it meant that the action was spread out, and you could spend a lot of time going from one area to the other... This map is quite large, but it's broken down into stages so you're always in the thick of it. I'm sure there will be bigger conquest maps, but I do like this mode.

3) I finally like getting points for being a good spotter. It always bugged me how they called it 'recon', but I got no points for scouting ahead and finding targets.

3) Destroying everything. It's way more than a cheap trick. It really adds to the atmosphere of the game.

It's probably quite a bit different from what people were expecting, but for me the atmosphere just really works better and feels more like a chaotic battlefield.

And lastly, as a sniper I do miss prone, but I am SO tired of having my legs shot off, I can deal. There is plenty of crouch-level cover available.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    I have a GTX 280. I've been reading the forums over at the EA battlefield and there are plently of people with the 8800gt

there is always the Can You Run It

Originally posted by L_Mo View Post
                    I was curious what you guys would think. Quite negative overall, which is disappointing...

I personally find a lot to love in this over TF2 and MW2. My first entry into the BF series was 2142, so I suppose I'm more forgiving when the franchise trends away from their heritage. While I share some of your concerns, I must admit I'm really not having any of the technical problems... My scope works fine, I did pretty OK in the helos, mowing down trees in the tanks is great...

Anyway, here's a short list of my favorite things:

1) You have to think a bit... The environment is tough, and so it takes some getting used to. It's less of a run-and-gun than MW2, but there's a sense of accomplishment in developing the skills to be successful.

2) I like rush/this map. I like the large maps in 2142, but I it meant that the action was spread out, and you could spend a lot of time going from one area to the other... This map is quite large, but it's broken down into stages so you're always in the thick of it. I'm sure there will be bigger conquest maps, but I do like this mode.

3) I finally like getting points for being a good spotter. It always bugged me how they called it 'recon', but I got no points for scouting ahead and finding targets.

3) Destroying everything. It's way more than a cheap trick. It really adds to the atmosphere of the game.

It's probably quite a bit different from what people were expecting, but for me the atmosphere just really works better and feels more like a chaotic battlefield.

And lastly, as a sniper I do miss prone, but I am SO tired of having my legs shot off, I can deal. There is plenty of crouch-level cover available.
                    In the begining, I did had mix feelings. After the first beta patch on the 2nd day and playing this for a while. It grown on me I do wish snipers have more ammo lol. There is alot of places to hide. I like the effects of the engineer as he is repairing a vehicle. you see sparks flying lol

I think in a day or two their will be another patch. On of the developers just tweet something about expanding the FOV

As we know right now, you can't see the server ping's but if you have a G15 keyboard, you can see the ping in the keyboard LCD display.

I had a BF2 moment; I found the enemy van put two C4's in the front and drove untill I got to enemy attack heli and rammed it. The pilot and gunner was just about to take off, I thrown it off course since they just got off the ground and well... I took them out along with me too. I can imagine they were upset on their end of the PC lol

Comment

Any one have an extra beta key i could use or that they dont want? PM me if so
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Reconsnipe1 View Post
                        Any one have an extra beta key i could use or that they dont want? PM me if so
                        Thanks.
                        *cough (pm sent) *cough

Comment

One of my complaints that I had made before was wrong. There is an advanced option on the video settings.
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

42nd!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                              No prone? Maybe I'll just stick with MW2 until they put out the gold edition.
                              +1

It sounds like they hasn't used enough time to make the game...
                              Thats not good for the first impression

-MTJ

Comment

I played a bit more last night and had a fun time. I think what will be important to note will be the actions that are taken to improve the beta. The biggest one being the VOIP.
                                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X