Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 PreOrder now on Steam!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
    Here's a question: does anyone know the full story on dedicated servers? I've seen they have dedicated servers, but I also see confirmation that they will not release files for "public" servers.

Does this mean to them, "dedicated" servers are run by EA and nobody else? Can Cain run them? What's going on with this?

If anyone knows, I may just go ahead and preorder to get Beta access. Can always cancel the preorder later if the game turns out like Quake Wars.

-Rand
    Rand, as Duke said, these will be similar to the other EA games in that you rent a ranked server...or you can run your own private server but it will not be ranked.

We've known for a couple of weeks that the PC version of DICE's Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will have DirectX 11 graphics options. Now, as Shacknews reports, game producer Gordon Van Dyke has revealed a whole list of additional PC-exclusive features.

The exclusive additions range from support for private servers and bigger multiplayer games to compatibility with Nvidia's 3D Vision stereoscopic scheme. Here's the complete list:

* Up to 32 Players on PC (24 on consoles) - Play with up to 32 players online in the biggest multiplayer Maps in Battlefield. Each with a different tactical and gameplay focus set across a variety of environments.
    * Full DirectX 9, 10 & 11 Support - Immerse yourself in the Battlefield world as Frostbite engine brings tanks, helicopters and explosions to vivid life on your PC. The game will fully support Windows XP, Vista, and 7 with new tech that further improves things like lighting and shadows.
    * Enhanced Gameplay - The PC version also includes wide peripheral support like Joysticks for flying, NVIDIA 3D Vision, Logitech LCD Keyboards and VoIP Support plus a variety of specific features tailored for PC play.
    * Friend Support - Find your friends online with the new buddy list to see if and who is online so you can quickly join their game.
    * Dedicated Ranked Server - Everyone gets non-stop action with no connection penalties based on some other player's internet. Ranked Server Provider program will give players opportunity to rent their own server(s) located in professional grade datacenters, ability to modify settings like map rotation, create reserved slots for friends or clan members, kick & Ban players, and custom name your ranked server.
    * Clan Support & Private Servers - Independent Clan Tag, and ability to rent servers for hosting and controlling private password protected competitive servers with expanded control over the settings from public ranked servers.

* PC Squad Play System - Updated from previous Battlefield PC titles now gives control of your squad before heading into combat.

Comment

I preordered yesterday. My only complaint is we can not have a 64 player server. Other than that I am excited. EA (I never thought I would say that)
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
        I preordered yesterday. My only complaint is we can not have a 64 player server. Other than that I am excited. EA (I never thought I would say that)
        Apache
        Once the game takes off and if it is as big a hit as they hope it will be, I wouldnt be surprised if we see an early patch raising server limit to 64 as BF2

Comment

Ok, ok...preordered. Now for the beta.

What's the parachute key?

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Damn peer pressure... I just pre-ordered.
            [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
            <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
              Once the game takes off and if it is as big a hit as they hope it will be, I wouldnt be surprised if we see an early patch raising server limit to 64 as BF2
              The destructible elements are what make BC2/BF'43 different from BF2/2142 and thus the tradeoff is smaller player counts to keep things smooth. My guess DICE will market BF3 for the large server crowd but it won't have the same destruction features as BC2.

Comment

Ok, ok...preordered. Now for the beta.

What's the parachute key?

-Rand
                Ask Blackarrow. BA found The Lair during BF2. Then when Cain put up a DOD Server, BA jumps out a building and dies. He then wanted to know which key was the parachute key.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

[SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                  <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Ask Blackarrow. BA found The Lair during BF2. Then when Cain put up a DOD Server, BA jumps out a building and dies. He then wanted to know which key was the parachute key.
                    Apache
                    Yes.....9 or F9 does not work in DOD......

Comment

Comment

This doesn't work either...

Comment

Apache
                          K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                          sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Kurlon, I totally can't see that image nor click on it to expand. What does it say?

-Rand
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

"Balloons make bad parachute"
                              K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                              sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Kurlon, I totally can't see that image nor click on it to expand. What does it say?

-Rand
                                The actual pic is rather big to post so all I could find was the thumbnail of it. Here's the Big Pic.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X