X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juneau View Post
    The 4670k is calling you!

Buy me! Buy meeeeeeeeeee!
    Is there a 4670k that does NOT have built in video?
    A change of Pace.
    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

My system is running very smoothly in game. I upgraded my Video Card to a GTX770 and I am averaging 70 to 80 FPS in game in firefights.
      Pace, I always upgrade incrementally. I find it easier on the wallet to reuse components whenever possible. If the case, PSU and HDs are still usable keep them and save some money. Later you can replace them one at a time as needed.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I have a big Cooler Master case and a Corsair TX 750 PSU - they should both be good to keep. I assume the HDs are still good, no problems, Knock on wood.
        A change of Pace.

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
          Is there a 4670k that does NOT have built in video?
          Pretty much all these new CPUs have built in video. There's no escaping it now. It's just a good thing that the addition of video hasn't really increased the costs.

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
            I have a big Cooler Master case and a Corsair TX 750 PSU - they should both be good to keep. I assume the HDs are still good, no problems, Knock on wood.
            You'll be needing an SSD, trust me.

Comment

OK, I'm gonna take ANOTHER day off work, because I gotta build my new PC so I can play this game.

BF4 is a very good game, and VOIP makes it feel like old times.

-- Cain

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
                OK, I'm gonna take ANOTHER day off work, because I gotta build my new PC so I can play this game.

BF4 is a very good game, and VOIP makes it feel like old times.

-- Cain

-Rand
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

You guys like my new Siggy???

Apache said this when we were talking on the telephone this morning....

Comment

Yep, exciting when a new game comes out.

Been running somewhat smoothly for me, granted upgrading to Nvidia's 331.65 drivers helped as the Beta drivers I used during the Beta didn't work well. I was getting rainbow flashy textures everywhere. Upgrading resolved that.

As for FPS, not sure how much I'm running or even what settings I'm at. Figured a GTX Titan could handle it. I usually upgrade 1 part of the PC every year, mostly aiming at what it the biggest bottleneck. This year it was my video card, so I just dropped cash on that and enjoyed it since. Last year was an SSD, and that makes a huge difference. I can tell who runs one simply by seeing who else spawned first. I'm usually first or in the top 5 ppl loading instantly. Helps when you want to grab a particular vehicle(in my case, I love the little bird).

SSD helps load time, Video card with lots of Ram helps frame rate. Everything else is meat and potatoes.

Comment

Wigz, I just sent you a PM, check it out.

Comment

I wonder what would happen if I just did the CPU, MB, RAM and for now used the old Geforce GTX 460 until I could save a couple more hundred for a GTX 650i or better? Would the faster CPU allow me to get to at least a stable 30 FPS?

ASRock z77 Extreme6
                        i5-3570
                        Corsair Vengeance 8GB
                        A change of Pace.

Comment

Mini Duke was running the beta on his i5 machine with a GTX 460se so you could get by for a bit.
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

It works!!

Just played my first round with the new PC.

1) Did not crash, just finished my first ever game. First time I have played longer than 5 mins.

2) FPS was mid60's-150s.

This is a fun game when you can play it for a change.

Comment

-Rand
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                                It works!!

Just played my first round with the new PC.

1) Did not crash, just finished my first ever game. First time I have played longer than 5 mins.

2) FPS was mid60's-150s.

This is a fun game when you can play it for a change.

You might want to change my quote to EA finally got it right because BF4 is better than BF2.
                                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X