No announcement yet.

Can you Run it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone provide documentation as to why W8 is preferred?

Comment

Originally posted by chantme View Post
      Can someone provide documentation as to why W8 is preferred?
      something about the direct X 11 or so.

I got into the pass lane.. looks like I have almost the same as you Chantme

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
        something about the direct X 11 or so.

I got into the pass lane.. looks like I have almost the same as you Chantme
        Have you bought the game already golden?

Comment

yup and I was running the beta fine for me. It wasn't ultra, most were set to high on the auto setting. The fps are 30-50. I am sure the final will be a better FPS. I actually found close to no lag or rubber banding.

You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
          You Have: 3.4 GHz
          You Have: 16 GB
          You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
          You Have: GeForce GTX 570

Comment

Well, it doesnt recognize the overclock for sure. Maybe because it's not ramped up and idle. Doesnt recognize all of the video ram either. Guess cause they are idled down too. I just installed another 6970 2gb card in crossfire and it almost doubled my FPS in BF 3. Got my cpu up to 4.2 and it screams pretty good. I can tell a big difference in game everything really smoothed out.

If you guys want to go on the cheap and have a fairly good card to begin with I'd try and pick one up on Ebay or somewhere and do crossfire. It really helped my game. I didnt have high hopes for the improvement I got but it was the best $100 bucks I ever spent on a machine upgrade without breakin the bank. Just make sure your mainboard supports crossfire and has a PcIE slot for the additional card. and do some measuring to make sure it fits. I have a big heatsink on one and it wouldnt work but in one slot to allow both to be put in. Just do your homework.
            [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
              Well, it doesnt recognize the overclock for sure. Maybe because it's not ramped up and idle. Doesnt recognize all of the video ram either. Guess cause they are idled down too. I just installed another 6970 2gb card in crossfire and it almost doubled my FPS in BF 3. Got my cpu up to 4.2 and it screams pretty good. I can tell a big difference in game everything really smoothed out.

If you guys want to go on the cheap and have a fairly good card to begin with I'd try and pick one up on Ebay or somewhere and do crossfire. It really helped my game. I didnt have high hopes for the improvement I got but it was the best $100 bucks I ever spent on a machine upgrade without breakin the bank. Just make sure your mainboard supports crossfire and has a PcIE slot for the additional card. and do some measuring to make sure it fits. I have a big heatsink on one and it wouldnt work but in one slot to allow both to be put in. Just do your homework.
              Power is a big deal too... make sure your PSU can handle both cards.

Comment

Originally posted by NateTheBrewer View Post
                Power is a big deal too... make sure your PSU can handle both cards.
                Yes, forgot about posting that. I did a calculation with this http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
                My setup now calls for 722w My PSU is 750.. right in the sweet spot with overclocks and all.
                [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X