No announcement yet.

BETA Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gameplay is really top notch, even for a beta, and without vehicles this time around, it's great because of all the gripe I heard from my brother during Alpha. Because they stressed the focus on infantry warfare, you tend to notice more things like the countless times I was sinking into the ground or had some sort of rubberbanding (in the sense I was randomly shot-across-the-room-like-one) while walking.

I too noticed the flickering, which partially was due to my video settings being turned to ultra on my HD6950, but I did custom mode which let me set textures to high 16x AF and 2xAA @1920x1080 with all else on ultra and that seemed to be a sweet spot with much less glitchiness.

Still looking forward to this so very much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

only issue for me is the glitching into the floor..
      if the ground layer isnt flat..you sink into the floor enabling u to glitch into the floor..your stuck..but you can kill people

sadly im at work and all i can think about is BF3BF3BF3BF3BF3BF3BF3BF3! >_< fml

Comment

Originally posted by Brian is Huh?!{CLR} View Post
        if the ground layer isnt flat..you sink into the floor enabling u to glitch into the floor..your stuck..but you can kill people

sadly im at work and all i can think about is BF3BF3BF3BF3BF3BF3BF3BF3! >_< fml
        I think I got hit some rocks that I sunk into. Jumping got me out.
        Try crawling through some trees or rubble... sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Comment

I spawned in a rock by the tunnel entrance.Was shootin like crazy down the tunnel at people and nothing was happening. Nobody could see me in the rock either. I ended up hopping out of the back side of it. Had me laughing.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
            I spawned in a rock by the tunnel entrance.Was shootin like crazy down the tunnel at people and nothing was happening. Nobody could see me in the rock either. I ended up hopping out of the back side of it. Had me laughing.
            well if there is a bug there at least you couldn't kill anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian is Huh?!{CLR} View Post
              That damn thing annoyed the crap out of me. It's the shaking shaking SHAKING that won't stop. I did play for 2 hours before I crashed.

Comment

phantom man that sucks bad....did you look at any of the problems in battlelog and see if you fit in any of the problem soultions they might have?...that really blows talkin about the not saving your rpogress and all

Comment

Originally posted by FrOgM View Post
                  phantom man that sucks bad....did you look at any of the problems in battlelog and see if you fit in any of the problem soultions they might have?...that really blows talkin about the not saving your rpogress and all
                  No but you see it isn't client sided. It is server/game sided. Can't do anything about it. They just missed a couple of textures. All I'm doing now is finding the nearest rock and kill people from there.

Comment

Camper this is a run n gun game.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                      everyone has their own styles.. mine is to die alot.
                      I do think Rush is more of a run and gun type... I guess camping is good on the defense side.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                        I spawned in a rock by the tunnel entrance.
                        You are a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                          You are a rock.
                          OH SNAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                            I think you're confusing Battlefield with Call of Duty. And whether I camp or rush, you still don't have a chance. Oorah.

Comment

I really enjoyed playing yesterday. I got about an hours worth of play time and I really enjoyed myself. The game play seems like a good mix of all the BF games. I'm glad they change it so you can't just rush in like it Quake 3 arena and frag people like it was in BC2.

I love how cover actually hides you. I like how suppressing fire is a real thing in this game.
                              Nauticas

Comment

Cover+prone is not cool at the moment. There were at least 2 guys last night doing NOTHING but crawling through the entire map, almost unseen, popping guys. They, of course, had by far the best k-d ratios in those rounds.

-Rand
                                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X